Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 01:40 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,391,058 times

Advertisements

See what I mean? More personal comments, insults and avoiding. Simply answer the questions I have asked. Stop avoiding.

And what is puerile about asking in a conversation that is actually ABOUT god... what you mean exactly when you use the WORD god? Thats not puerile... thats necessary. One of the requirements of conversation is to define your terms. I told you what the word means to me, why are you so unable to do the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 09:39 AM

63,995 posts, read 40,286,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
See what I mean? More personal comments, insults and avoiding. Simply answer the questions I have asked. Stop avoiding.
I have . . . in direct response to YOU in the atheist forum AND in about 20% of my more than 9500 posts in the forum. So . . . it is clear you are just antagonizing and trolling and misrepresenting deliberately.
Quote:
And what is puerile about asking in a conversation that is actually ABOUT god... what you mean exactly when you use the WORD god?
The taunting, ignoring my answers and deliberately misrepresenting my posts and views to achieve . . . God only knows what juvenile purpose. I should have tried to determine your age (although chronological age is often NOT an indicator of mental age).

Old 05-17-2011, 11:15 PM

912 posts, read 828,825 times
If I'm sitting on the porch and there is a long fence to the left of say 75 feet. At the end of the fence my neighbor is there. I am speaking with him. Out of now where a large un-expected panther comes flying at full speed across my lawn, at the same position my neighbor is standing, that is 75 feet down at the end of the fence.
Even though I am looking right at the spot , my guess is that my experience would not be altered
with respects to the panther until the panther is probably at least 10 or more feet across the lawn. Yet, when the awareness kicks in, it is actually experiencing something which has already been seen , therefore the present awareness must need time to negotiate the input.

Would this be the quantum time to complete the cycle at light speed which is required off-setting our illusion of perceiving absolute present time..? If so and I wondered about this before, our absolute present moment is an already filed & categorized event (not without retrospect in experience) For example......

Lets say instead of the un-expected panther, it was a familiar neighborhood dog. The experience of being conscious of the familiar dog would take less time due to the filing and categorizing of the in-put. Perhaps then the experience of the running dog would be realized at say 6 feet instead of 10 feet with the panther example.

Do these examples have anything to do with the time required to complete a cycle at light speed? It would seem to fit in with the particle experiments discussed regarding the assumed equality in behavior and perceived behavior, causing an issue along with time in recording data.

Last edited by Blue Hue; 05-17-2011 at 11:41 PM..

Old 05-18-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
If I'm sitting on the porch and there is a long fence to the left of say 75 feet. At the end of the fence my neighbor is there. I am speaking with him. Out of now where a large un-expected panther comes flying at full speed across my lawn, at the same position my neighbor is standing, that is 75 feet down at the end of the fence.
Even though I am looking right at the spot , my guess is that my experience would not be altered
with respects to the panther until the panther is probably at least 10 or more feet across the lawn. Yet, when the awareness kicks in, it is actually experiencing something which has already been seen , therefore the present awareness must need time to negotiate the input.

Would this be the quantum time to complete the cycle at light speed which is required off-setting our illusion of perceiving absolute present time..? If so and I wondered about this before, our absolute present moment is an already filed & categorized event (not without retrospect in experience) For example......

Lets say instead of the un-expected panther, it was a familiar neighborhood dog. The experience of being conscious of the familiar dog would take less time due to the filing and categorizing of the in-put. Perhaps then the experience of the running dog would be realized at say 6 feet instead of 10 feet with the panther example.

Do these examples have anything to do with the time required to complete a cycle at light speed? It would seem to fit in with the particle experiments discussed regarding the assumed equality in behavior and perceived behavior, causing an issue along with time in recording data.
I wish it were that easy to explain, Blue . . . it would make the understanding of my synthesis a whole lot easier. But it is not as you describe it. The delay is always the same because it is only a function of the quantum time necessary for a complete "molecular" (vibratory) cycle to form the composite we experience as our instantaneous and continuous awareness. Each and every instant of the time we experience and measure is already quantum time-delayed before we even begin to experience it.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I have . . . in direct response to YOU in the atheist forum AND in about 20% of my more than 9500 posts in the forum.
No you have not. You just keep saying you have. Which just wastes time. The time would be better spent if you just answer the question.

To me when I use the word "god" what I am talking about is a non-human intelligence, with a will and consciousness, that is said to be responsible for the creation and/or subsequent maintenance of our universe, is in the opinion of some contactable by prayer and in the opinion of some of those actually answers prayers by influencing events in or around the praying persons life.

See?!?!? I can tell you what I mean when I say "god". It is not that hard to do, contrary to the impression you give by your continued inability to do it.

Now you do the same please.... without the cop outs, personal insults and ad hominem this time if you please that seem to pepper every post you make.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
To me when I use the word "god" what I am talking about is a non-human intelligence, with a will and consciousness, that is said to be responsible for the creation and/or subsequent maintenance of our universe, is in the opinion of some contactable by prayer and in the opinion of some of those actually answers prayers by influencing events in or around the praying persons life.
I have tried to keep my "beliefs" separate from the scientific . . . but your unwillingness to stick to the science is evidenced by your "definition" including the "beliefs." Your insistence on mixing them in is annoying and does not aid clarity in debate. BUT . . . if we include "beliefs" in with that which is scientifically supportable (hypotheses) my answer would be:

When I use the word God what I am talking about is a Cosmic Intelligence producing the universal field establishing our reality by Will and Consciousness that IS responsible for the existence and maintenance of our universe. God is omnipresent as consciousness and responds to prayers by influencing the human consciousnesses of those who are attuned in agape love to some degree of harmonic resonance with the human consciousness of Christ. The physical aspects of this world are ours to overcome and endure within the constraints imposed upon all physicality . . . without physical intervention because we have Dominion on the earth by God's Will.

I maintain that this incorporation of "beliefs" into the debate about existence is not probative and simply obfuscates the issue. There is way too much diversity and incoherence in "beliefs about" God to be reconciled. The existence issue can be resolved without them.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:30 PM

869 posts, read 974,229 times
Quote:
Actually atheism does make a major statement about origns. Atheism basically says that God did not create the Universe.
I have actually heard some atheist physicists seriously suggest that in an infinite universe Micky Mouse and Donald Duck have to actually exist as creatures somewhere and that Elvis must somewhere be still alive and well. I have also observed them seriously consider that unicorns, satyres, and fire-breathing dragons must also exist in an unbounded infinite universe. Ummmm, where they invariably break out in a profuse cold sweat and vehemently and inconsistently draw the line is when someone mentions Gawd.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:44 PM

912 posts, read 828,825 times
Quote:
I wish it were that easy to explain, Blue . . . it would make the understanding of my synthesis a whole lot easier. But it is not as you describe it. The delay is always the same because it is only a function of the quantum time necessary for a complete "molecular" (vibratory) cycle to form the composite we experience as our instantaneous and continuous awareness. Each and every instant of the time we experience and measure is already quantum time-delayed before we even begin to experience it.
Thanks very much... this saves me quite a bit of time ! This area seems to be pulling my attention of curiosity in a strong way. I think I could make a comment re above to attempt understanding but won't. Will continue to try and accumulate further rudiment required for understanding. Read above a few times with gaps for thought and I think Ive got a chance to piece things together. Read it again and will be backtracking on everything . It will take lots of time but I don't seem to really care about that because its so interesting. Theres lots here with your postings and the internet as well.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:02 AM

Quote:
I have tried to keep my "beliefs" separate from the scientific . . . but your unwillingness to stick to the science is evidenced by your "definition" including the "beliefs."
More avoiding!

I said nothing about science. All I am asking is for you to tell me when you say the word "god" exactly what are you talking about when you say it.

Nothing about science there. You were just making things up to... as usual... avoid answering that one question.

Quote:
When I use the word God what I am talking about is a Cosmic Intelligence producing the universal field establishing our reality by Will and Consciousness that IS responsible for the existence and maintenance of our universe.
Great. So our definitions are not that different and we are almost talking about the same thing. An intelligent entity responsible for the creation and maintenance of the universe.

Now have you any evidence that this entity actually is real and exists, and not just something you made up or you like the idea of so you run with it for no good reason? Is the best evidence that such an entity exists really going to just be "well you have no evidence it does not exist" on these pages?

Old 05-25-2011, 02:47 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,834,626 times
Quote:
More avoiding!

I said nothing about science. All I am asking is for you to tell me when you say the word "god" exactly what are you talking about when you say it.

Nothing about science there. You were just making things up to... as usual... avoid answering that one question.

Great. So our definitions are not that different and we are almost talking about the same thing. An intelligent entity responsible for the creation and maintenance of the universe.

Now have you any evidence that this entity actually is real and exists, and not just something you made up or you like the idea of so you run with it for no good reason? Is the best evidence that such an entity exists really going to just be "well you have no evidence it does not exist" on these pages?
Watching this with great interest and I am wearing the T - shirt. I thought that Mystic was bamboozling and using jargon to confuse and blind with non -science so as to wangle credibility for his god - concept. I think differently now.

Mystic obviously knows what he is talking about even if I don't and his Universal field theory is very well worked out even if it is only a theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality