Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 11:23 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,488,020 times

Advertisements

A slave is a slave, kneeling and bidding, no matter the color of the master's skin.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:29 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,189,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylorguy View Post
Now to address the other part of your question... I would kneel to a Jesus of African heritage just as much as I would to Asian, Middle Eastern, etc. One's ethnicity is sacred, and I dare not attack it or think any less of it. As such, no matter the skin color of Jesus, he is at the very center of my belief system, and my worldview rises or falls based entirely on his claims. In addition to this, anyone who would not be indifferent to the skin color of Jesus is missing the very core of his teachings and thus needs to revaluate exactly why he or she believes in Jesus.
Thank you for giving your honest answer (and not projecting your hang ups on me), I understand where you're coming from and fundamentally agree. The underlined portion is somewhat, what I'm getting at with people's sensitivity on the subject. It should not matter, but it obviously does, or else he and everyone in the story would not be portrayed as such; And continue to be even given X amount proof.

Has any church ever changed the decor so to speak, to match history? I'm sure some have, as I have seen churches with black JC, but guess what, deep south, primarily black members and it started that way. How quickly would people leave a church if they changed the man on the cross to a middle-easterner? And even better, how long until that church would be a victim of retaliation from the very people it represents? How long until the pastor (or whom ever, I'll be honest don't know the structure well) of that church would be asked to step down by people above him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
It wouldn't matter what color He was, I'd still pray to God and not Jesus since God is my creator.
Again, I said "pray before" not "pray to". You are inferring it does not matter only because you pray to God, and not JC; So skin color would matter in your case? Though I'm pretty much 100% sure I'm reading you wrong as not many would actually admit they don't like the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
Please forgive me but I can only imagine certain Americans asking such a question based on common cultural color-obsessed socialization..
You are projecting your hang ups on other people. I read this now like 5 times, I don't get what you're getting at? Just come out and say it.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:39 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,028,403 times
Well I heard that Jesus is playing in the NBA finals starting on Tuesday night.

http://www.myseopal.com/wp-content/uploads/dirk-nowitzki-perfectionists.jpg (broken link)

Old 05-27-2011, 11:44 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,186,862 times
I have no need to know the Color of Jesus(as). All the Prophets(PBUT) are equal and loved. It makes no difference what color any are and of no importance for us to know their color.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:51 AM

118 posts, read 111,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Well I heard that Jesus is playing in the NBA finals starting on Tuesday night.
Well, Dirk does have an uncanny resemblance to the West's rendition of Jesus

Old 05-27-2011, 12:01 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,028,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylorguy View Post
Well, Dirk does have an uncanny resemblance to the West's rendition of Jesus
I wonder if he can walk on water? He sure as hell can shoot a jump shot, but GO HEAT!!!!

Old 05-27-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I have no need to know the Color of Jesus(as). All the Prophets(PBUT) are equal and loved. It makes no difference what color any are and of no importance for us to know their color.
Then why no racial diversity to the point of absurdity in any of the 'modern' (used loosely) interpretations? And I mean none. If it does not matter, why are they continued to be portrayed as pretty much only white? It seems like it matters to someone.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:23 PM

617 posts, read 701,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
This is not a debate about if it's possible, or if he existed.

From a discussion in another thread, I asked myself this question. Lets say for arguments sake, we find 100% no questions asked proof that JC was a black man; Or lets say middle-eastern as I think this is possible also.

Would you ask your church to change the Altar to match what we now know is true? Would you change churches if yours refused to change. Would you (likely more so if you're white, or any ethnicity I suppose) feel uncomfortable or be against changing your church and praying before a black (or middle-eastern) JC? I'm curious about people's answers though I suspect most will say it's no biggie, but likely would be a little more reserved IRL if it happened. I'm curious how many people can be truly honest here? I would see it being a much larger culture shock then I suspect some are going to try to make it.

jesus peace be upon him was not had black skin.

Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him) described Jesus (peace be upon him). Resembling the Sahabi Urwa bin Masood (Abu- Huraira/ Muslim) the colour of his skin will be reddish white (Ibn Abbas/ Bukhari), he will be well built and his hair will be soft and reach his ears. When he lowers his head, beads of perspiration will fall from it and when he raises his head, beads like pearls will scatter from it. (Nawwas-b-Samaan/Muslim).

Old 05-27-2011, 12:28 PM

617 posts, read 701,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Jesus was a Jewish man who was from the middle east.............
Yes he had darker skin............
No, he was not G-d..........

The question is just strange.........

jusus was not had darker skin ( return to my post )

and the middle east people have White , brown , dark, red skins, have no One color

Old 05-27-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
jesus peace be upon him was not had black skin.

Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him) described Jesus (peace be upon him). Resembling the Sahabi Urwa bin Masood (Abu- Huraira/ Muslim) the colour of his skin will be reddish white (Ibn Abbas/ Bukhari), he will be well built and his hair will be soft and reach his ears. When he lowers his head, beads of perspiration will fall from it and when he raises his head, beads like pearls will scatter from it. (Nawwas-b-Samaan/Muslim).
I think you missed the principle behind what my question and post was about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality