Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 06:48 AM

50,131 posts, read 20,894,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Oh I have been aware of you for years, just not aware of you being female. I can't look at your name and tell that. And your probally right, I don't pay much attention to you. Only when you approach me.

Also I agree with using facts, evidence and common sense in our acceptence of ideas and ways of thinking. Those are three proofs of God; Evidence- tons of biblical archaeology unearthed and confirmed by professionals to validate the bible- thus validating the God it records. Facts- consciousness is real and is not a result of random sclection, science or any theory of evolution; there is no evolution of Consciousness - it is constant. Common sense - my favorite proof of God - it figures to me that nothing can come from nothing; so all that we know and experience has to have come from a very powerful something; that fits God perfectly.

Its common sense; its Academnic!
It is utterly clear that your proof of God is interpreting everything you see as coming from God - similarities, differences, reasonable Theophany, loopy Theophany, people who believe, people who don't believe and every crafty fallacious rhetorical trick in the book. Everything is seen through the rose - coloured spectacles of faith.

If we point out poor reasoning, ignored refutation (such as mine of your Bible archaeology claims - not that they are untrue but irrelevant) and plonking and pretty irrelevant statements about consciousness and Cosmic origins, you swipe us with accusations of a superiority complex and plaster the God - label on that, too.

I don't know why I need to say it, I'm sure everyone can see it clear other than other extreme theists who think just the same way.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:59 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,606,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post

, I'm sure everyone can see it clear other than other extreme theists who think just the same way.

Interesting how certain Atheist seem to think they can speak for all ( Everyone can see it) other Atheist, perhaps Atheist just think the same way to.

But that is another proof of God; the ability to " See into others Consciousness', and tell what they are thinking.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:46 AM

You prove God to yourself by " Cognitive thinking"; Its really relationship by devine design. you come to know God is real when your consciousness apprehends him. Through perception you become to realize that we are connected to him in many ways. He becomes an object of your thought. We are related to him by orgin. Decendant frrom him. We cannot be conscious of; those things we are not conscious of!

And yet we are deeply conscious of him. Value that and let nothing take it away from you.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:07 PM

50,131 posts, read 20,894,600 times
Quote:
You prove God to yourself by " Cognitive thinking"; Its really relationship by devine design. you come to know God is real when your consciousness apprehends him. Through perception you become to realize that we are connected to him in many ways. He becomes an object of your thought. We are related to him by orgin. Decendant frrom him. We cannot be conscious of; those things we are not conscious of!

And yet we are deeply conscious of him. Value that and let nothing take it away from you.
Get yourself worked up over an indoctrinated myth and don't listen to anyomne else explaining mere reasoning to you. I really don't want to do that. It messes up the brain.

Quote:
Interesting how certain Atheist seem to think they can speak for all ( Everyone can see it) other Atheist, perhaps Atheist just think the same way to.

But that is another proof of God; the ability to " See into others Consciousness', and tell what they are thinking.
Why is everything back to front with theist thinking? You see me state that what is posted is clear to everyone - whether they want to look and comprehend is up to them. Whereas the uniformed prejudices that theist concoct in their own minds, usually as pretexts for not listening to reason, are claimed as God is somehow giving them a private wire into the brains of their opponents.

I can hardly believe you are serious any more. It just sounds like scoring Brownie points with God by winding up the unbelievers.

So far we have had factual evidence which perhaps gives the Bible the edge over other Holy Books but not much more, some sniping at evolution (unless it was another thread) and sniping at unbelievers and appeals to squandering reason in exchange for delusion. Is this the best you got?

Old 09-08-2011, 12:23 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,710,289 times
Quote:

As an atheist, I can confidently speak for every atheist on the planet when I say they don't believe in the existence of any god. That's what atheism means.

We. Don't. Believe. Your. Fairy. Tales.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post

Is this the best you got?

I like that question, because it is a most powerful proof of God to me in my life and consciousness. I am glad you asked. " Growth is proof of both life and fertilization." No its not the best I have; each and every year of my life the proof of God continues to grow within me. Although I am already convinced, its as if God is not satisfied with what I know and understand; he continues to pile it on each year. I am bombarded with new perspectives and new understanding of different angles I have not considered before.

This " Continuity is proof of God to me", anythingless would die out. It is human nature to loose intrest; once God is seriously considered, it is nearly impossible to loose intrest in a dynamic being such as he must be.

I have read many books in my life; and yet the Bible is just like God in a sense; My understanding of it continues to grow, one might wonder: well just how much can you glean from the same old book. Somehow God opens your understanding of the bible continually, you just constantly see things in it that you never understood before. Proof to me that the bible is no ordinary book. Its a " Living testimony; a living book that gets into your consciousness and takes you on an endless journey.

If one is willing to know God, you must be willing to change! Change your mind; change your understanding; change whatever, because its a trip of indifference. I have known nothing like it.

And I do know this; next year I will have more than I have now. And I do not expect that pace to change, only increase.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
As an atheist, I can confidently speak for every atheist on the planet when I say they don't believe in the existence of any god. That's what atheism means.

We. Don't. Believe. Your. Fairy. Tales.

I believe them; as a believer in God I cannot confidently speak for other believers. In Theism, is a vast ground for disagreement, with few common grounds. There are few things I could say that all believers in God would agree with. Even here, some believers and unbelievers have posted that although they don't agree with everything I post, that they " Like me."

I understand that, I " Like many Atheist here", but I simply disagree with them. I like some christians here, but I simply disagree on many biblical issues and interpitations. So I am wary of statements like " I can confidently speak for everyone." I don't believe that.

This I do know; when my reality is a fairy tale to another; we simply were destined to disagree. I view God as destiny; thus; it is Gods will that humans would disagree and take different sides. Different beliefs and unbeliefs; have totally different consciousness.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:07 PM

You prove God to yourself by understanding " Romance" and that such a thing as it has no evolution. Where did romance come from? Why are we naturally attracted to another? Where did this " Drive" come from? Did it also come out from under the shaky rock of the theory of evolution, just create its own magnetism, and automatically download itself into the human genome?

No, Romance is a Lovely proof of God, it was he who gave this gift to humanity; he wanted us to love not only him, but each other. Evolution does not want us to love each other, it cannot create romantic love anyhow.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:37 PM

245 posts, read 456,697 times
Quote:
... No, Romance is a Lovely proof of God, it was he who gave this gift to humanity; he wanted us to love not only him, but each other. ...
So now you're claiming that you're romantic with your god?

Old 09-13-2011, 02:41 PM

33,625 posts, read 37,280,232 times
Quote:
You prove God to yourself by understanding " Romance" and that such a thing as it has no evolution. Where did romance come from? Why are we naturally attracted to another? Where did this " Drive" come from? Did it also come out from under the shaky rock of the theory of evolution, just create its own magnetism, and automatically download itself into the human genome?

No, Romance is a Lovely proof of God, it was he who gave this gift to humanity; he wanted us to love not only him, but each other. Evolution does not want us to love each other, it cannot create romantic love anyhow.
The main drive of evolution is reproduction, and every living thing on earth has this drive...Without it evolution would be stopped in it's tracks... Once the brain and consciousness have evolved, emotions, (romance) personality, and mind may be unavoidable. They certainly have selective advantage. Emotions serve to motivate us. And people without personality tend not to get laid.

People who have had pets know that cats, dogs, even birds also exhibit emotions and personality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality