Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 02:43 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,615,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orestes View Post
So now you're claiming that you're romantic with your god?
I sure would like to be in Love with him. And I ask for that on occassion. I don't rightly know how to love, and have left many women because of that; ruined many Romances because of my ignorance.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The main drive of evolution is reproduction, and every living thing on earth has this drive...Without it evolution would be stopped in it's tracks... Once the brain and consciousness have evolved, emotions, (romance) personality, and mind may be unavoidable. They certainly have selective advantage. Emotions serve to motivate us. And people without personality tend not to get laid.

People who have had pets know that cats, dogs, even birds also exhibit emotions and personality.

Evolution was stopped in its tracks when its co-founder, Alfred Russell Wallace, recanted the unfounded theory. The human brain didnot evolve, emotions certainly didnot create themselves and incert themselves into magically developed humans; and personality didnot evolve, or it would have been the same in every human, because the theory of evolution does not have enough sense to give it differently to each and every individual, a theory has no creative sense or creative power.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:57 PM

Fellowship is a proof of God. Its nothing like getting together with like minded people who believe the same things that you do about God. Or at least simular things, but yet you have belief in God in common. That fellowship, that unity, is a stirring proof of God.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:23 PM

33,644 posts, read 37,340,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Evolution was stopped in its tracks when its co-founder, Alfred Russell Wallace, recanted the unfounded theory. The human brain didnot evolve, emotions certainly didnot create themselves and incert themselves into magically developed humans; and personality didnot evolve, or it would have been the same in every human, because the theory of evolution does not have enough sense to give it differently to each and every individual, a theory has no creative sense or creative power.
This is a blatant lie...Wallace did no such thing, in fact Wallace was very probably Britain's best known naturalist and by the end of his life, he may well have been one of the world's most famous people. He remained active into his ninety-first year but slowly weakened in his final months. He died in his sleep at Broadstone on 7 November 1913. Biography of Wallace | The Alfred Russel Wallace Website
I wish you would stick to the truth.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
This is a blatant lie...Wallace did no such thing, in fact Wallace was very probably Britain's best known naturalist and by the end of his life, he may well have been one of the world's most famous people. He remained active into his ninety-first year but slowly weakened in his final months. He died in his sleep at Broadstone on 7 November 1913. Biography of Wallace | The Alfred Russel Wallace Website
I wish you would stick to the truth.

The man clearly changed his position on biology and became a Spiritualist. And no pro-atheist website can change history.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:50 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,741,987 times
good post, god has spoken to me 3 times in my life, simple brief clear instructions which got me and others out of very very bad circumstances. what sort of proof other than this did you or i need?

Old 09-13-2011, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
good post, god has spoken to me 3 times in my life, simple brief clear instructions which got me and others out of very very bad circumstances. what sort of proof other than this did you or i need?

Well God has never spoken to me, and I never use him speaking to humans as a proof of him; simply because I seriously doubt that he does that now.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:58 PM

Quote:
The man clearly changed his position on biology and became a Spiritualist. And no pro-atheist website can change history.
Pro atheist web site? Another blatant lie. It is the Alfred Russel Wallace website. Yes he dabbled in spirituality, but he NEVER changed his views on evolution. You are digging yourself into a hole with your dishonesty.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Pro atheist web site? Another blatant lie. It is the Alfred Russel Wallace website. Yes he dabbled in spirituality, but he NEVER changed his views on evolution. You are digging yourself into a hole with your dishonesty.

You call it dishonesty, I call it a totally different Wallace website than the one I know of. And he certainly recanted his views on evolution.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:
You call it dishonesty, I call it a totally different Wallace website than the one I know of. And he certainly recanted his views on evolution.
Show me your website then, because nothing I have ever read about Wallace says he changed his views on evolution...I doubt if you can do that.

What a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive...One lie leads to another in another to attempt to protect the first from exposure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality