Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 03:26 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times

Advertisements

Where we see geographic areas in the world, like the middleast, Afganistan, and so on, experiencing wars and terrorism, they are being " Quickened" by certain spirits. There are spirits of war and hate, very powerful spirits, which congregate in these areas, stimulating all sorts of evil.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:31 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,119,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Where we see geographic areas in the world, like the middleast, Afganistan, and so on, experiencing wars and terrorism, they are being " Quickened" by certain spirits. There are spirits of war and hate, very powerful spirits, which congregate in these areas, stimulating all sorts of evil.
The powers and principalities, the rulers of darkness and spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Sounds about right. Explains why Cain killed his brother.

Well yes, Cain and Abel only knew how to kill animals, not humans. No human had ever been killed before. A spirit entered Cain and stimulated him to attack Able. I doubt that Cain knew how much a human body could take, but he did enough damage to kill. And he went on to build a city and forerun a civilization.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:39 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
Quote:
A spirit entered Cain and stimulated him to attack Able.
I am watching a TV show called True Blood at the moment and in it a Spirit Enters one of the Characters and "stimulated" her to attack some of her friends too.

The difference is I know fiction when I see it and I know that there is no evidence, argument, data or reasons to suggest that the events in the show are real.

Alas you seem unwilling to realise that you also have no evidence, argument, data or reasons to suggest that the stories you are talking about are real either. Nor that you are unable to substantiate your claim that "spirits" even exist. Your last attempt when I asked constituted solely listing a few words from the dictionary at me before running off.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:27 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Well yes, Cain and Abel only knew how to kill animals, not humans. No human had ever been killed before. A spirit entered Cain and stimulated him to attack Able. I doubt that Cain knew how much a human body could take, but he did enough damage to kill. And he went on to build a city and forerun a civilization.
Mickiel my friend . . . you started this thread on target . . . but your latter speculations are wide of the mark. The only demon that exists is our animal nature (the Serpent) and its indiscriminate drives are completely selfish. It seeks to maximize our survival and pleasure and avoid pain, period. It has no capacity to care about the welfare of any other organism but itself. Here's a photo embedded in my artwork so you will know the source of all demons.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:43 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,953,991 times
Quote:
I find that story difficult to believe...an allegory at best. Obviously there were other people around or "Cain" could not have taken a wife. Despite that....

Don't you think that claiming that an evil spirit overtook "Cain" and caused him to do it is more of the "devil made me do it" mentality that takes the blame off us? Do we have free will or not? If spirits can make us do things, then that takes all the responsibility off us. I find it a cheap excuse.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:08 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times
Quote:
I've got to tell you, this is the biggest bunch of claptrap I've ever heard in my life, we are animals and as such we have a natural instinct for killing, killing to survive, killing to protect, all living creatures have that instinct in them and we're no different. Spirits have nothing to do with it that's just the biggest line of excuses I ever heard....

Old 09-07-2011, 09:34 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Well yes, Cain and Abel only knew how to kill animals, not humans. No human had ever been killed before.
What is the difference between killing an animal versus killing a human? Is it that only one of them involves "soul/spirit"?

Quote:
A spirit entered Cain and stimulated him to attack Able. I doubt that Cain knew how much a human body could take, but he did enough damage to kill. And he went on to build a city and forerun a civilization.
On his own?

Old 09-07-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
I find that story difficult to believe...an allegory at best. Obviously there were other people around or "Cain" could not have taken a wife. Despite that....

Don't you think that claiming that an evil spirit overtook "Cain" and caused him to do it is more of the "devil made me do it" mentality that takes the blame off us? Do we have free will or not? If spirits can make us do things, then that takes all the responsibility off us. I find it a cheap excuse.

Listen, it was a Spirit that led Cains father and mother to doing things in the garden of Eden, which got them thrown out. An evil spirit caused that, not a snake! That evil spirit influence Eve, she in turn influenced Adam. That same spirit entered Cain, and he slew Able. That is my view of " Why" Cain did what he did. There are many evil things in history that humans did which I believe " The devil made them do it."

And listen, I think the blame should be taken off of us, in many situations in life, we simply were influence by this great power of evil. One of the reasons Jesus died was to take the blame off of humanity, and theres nothing anyone can do to put the blame back on, what Jesus has removed off of.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:49 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Listen, it was a Spirit that led Cains father and mother to doing things in the garden of Eden, which got them thrown out. An evil spirit caused that...
And whose creation was this evil spirit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality