Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2011, 03:33 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,141,634 times

Advertisements

Oldcold,
Possibly it would be acceptable in those situations. Yet, again, medical reason for abortion/killing human life are only a percent of 7%.
93% of abortions are because the mother/father were irresponsibly having sex & taking it out on their baby by killing it. That's not right. That is the trategy - as many mothers & father later realize, when they are filled with regret.

Water and Bridges - YouTube

Old 11-27-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Adoption? How much are you willing to may me for 9 months of my time, my trouble, my labor? Why should I work for free to provide YOU with a product you desire? How about you pay me a salary of $50,000 for the nine months that I worked to make you a baby?

If an artist worked on a sculpture you desired for nine months....would you expect him to hand it over to you for free? If I work for nine months making you a baby, why shouldn't I get paid?
Annie,
YOU OWE the human becoming life you decided to create - to let he or she live!
Nobody owes you anything.
Since slavery, we don't sell human beings. True, adoption processes come close, as do seregate mothers.
Still, if you're not interested in carrying a baby, then don't agree to such seregacy nor to having sex - which always has the risk of pregnancy.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:38 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,113,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Nana,
Chairman of the Department of Genetics at the Mayo Clinic, said: "By all the criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present from the moment of conception."
"Life" means nothing. Bacteria is also life. Just because something has life does not make it sacred.

A fetus is an inferior life form, it does not trump the life of the woman unless she chooses to give it that status......it is the woman's choice.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:49 PM

Mystic,
Thank you for your respectful & understanding response.
I understand that we have only so much influence over laws. Yet, everything begins with beliefs - which we CAN INFLUENCE. I feel it is important to educate people - potential mothers & fathers - to behave more responsibly sexually & to behave with moral integrity if they create a human life. I also feel it important to educate them of the likely regret they may experience the rest of their life if they decide to kill their baby.

As a mother, I feel like every child could be mine. I had 3 miscarriages - 1 at 16 weeks, was a little boy, who was a couple inches bigger than the nurse's hand. It really broke my heart - to see him lying dead. If mothers could see their babies & realize their rapid potential - I think they'd be less likely to kill them.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

Old 11-27-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Annie,
YOU OWE the human becoming life you decided to create - to let he or she live!
Nobody owes you anything.
Since slavery, we don't sell human beings. True, adoption processes come close, as do seregate mothers.
Still, if you're not interested in carrying a baby, then don't agree to such seregacy nor to having sex - which always has the risk of pregnancy.
Not selling a baby, SuperSoul........just getting paid for services rendered. People get paid for services rendered in all manners, why should carrying a pregnancy for someone else be any different?

No one owes me anything. No one owes anyone anything.....including a fetus that was not deliberately created. A fetus that is not even an "anyone".

If a pregnancy is against your will.....you did not "decide to create it", therefore, you owe it nothing.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:52 PM

Annie,
"There is no medical necessity, physical or mental, for aborticide. Convenience, yes; real necessity, no.
The right of the unborn child to life must outweigh the desires of others to destroy it, whatever the basis of these desires.
The liberalization of abortion laws now will ultimately lead to legalized extermination of other humans, and will be another step in the decaying moral values of our current society." -Author Unknown

Old 11-27-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
If a pregnancy is against your will.....you did not "decide to create it", therefore, you owe it nothing.
If sex was not against your will, if sex were a choice, the consequences cannot be chosen morally. You screw up - you live with the consequences.
Don't kill a baby for your lack of responsbility.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:02 PM

Pro-lifers love to point out that a woman may experience depression and regret after having an abortion......and put it out there as just one more reason to ban abortion.

Yet, these people conveniently forget to mention that women also experience depression and regret after placing a child for adoption.

Should we ban adoption also, because the woman may regret it for the rest of her life?

Old 11-27-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
If sex was not against your will, if sex were a choice, the consequences cannot be chosen morally. You screw up - you live with the consequences.
Don't kill a baby for your lack of responsbility.
Being a victim of failed birth control is not a lack of responsibility.....it is an accident. Even sterilization has been known to fail. Would you call that person irresponsible?

Aborting a pregnancy you do not want is a reponsible thing to do.

Abortion does not kill babies.....it removes/kills an unwanted fetus.

You love quoating scientists that agree with your agenda, then you must acknowledge there is a reason scientists refer to them as fetuses and not babies.

The reason is.....a fetus is not a baby.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:22 PM

701 posts, read 803,123 times
Quote:
Good point. Why would you want to force someone to carry a pregnancy if they are not going to change their habits because of the fetus?

Do you really think someone is going to give up things that they enjoy because YOU force them to carry a pregnancy against their will?

For example, what if the "powers that be" decided meat was bad for a fetus? How would you like giving up eating meat for 9 months? How about TV sports? If you are an avid golfer....no more golf. Starting to see what it would be like? Yet, you seem to think it is no big deal when you expect a woman, who does not even want a pregnancy to begin with, to make all kinds of sacrifices.

Sure is easy to be an "arm chair quarterback".

Wow!! Selfish much? Hmmmm, go without meat for 9 months or give a person life? let me think. No sports for 9 months or give a person life? Hmmm yeah that seems like a tough call.

I never want to trivialise what a woman goes through during 9 months of pregnancy, but please don't trivialise the process that creates life. Women have the power to give life, and that is an awesome responsibility. If you don't want that responsibility, than it should be your right to have a procedure done that takes away that ability. If not than you have to be more responsible with what you do with your body. The same goes for men, if they don't want to have the ability to create life than they should see to it that their ability to create life is removed. If they do not then they too need to be far more mindful of what they do with their body as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality