Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 07:48 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,639,490 times

Advertisements

No one knows! Period.....well, except God. If you don't agree then refer to the Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 08:20 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,992,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
No one knows! Period.....well, except God. If you don't agree then refer to the Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr

It's true no one knows the day or the hour when Christ will return. Yet the Bible does say the generation that sees the (rebirth of Israel) will not pass away until all prophecy will be fulfilled. So we know Christ coming is near.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:33 AM

33,623 posts, read 37,274,218 times
The history of end times predictions from 2000 BC till 2040 AD...Hundreds of them.
Doomsday: The Future

They all thought they were correct too Campbell, yet we are still here...What makes you think you know something these people did not?

Old 08-17-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
I don't get the concept. What is supposed to happen when mr. Jesus shows up?? Is it like one day thing, or is supposed to last for a while? What exactly are you expecting??
Wouldn't the "end of days" for each individual be the day of their death??

My answer is NO!

Also, we get born and we die, generation after generation, the "end of days" has been passed on and on and on, and everyone keep saying the same thing, over and over and over, for thousands of years. Do you truly believe you will be a "witness" to the suppose coming?? Ummmm.....
Well Second Peter 3 tells us that people will be saying in the last days. Where is his promise or his coming? For since the time that the fathers slep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.
That kind of sounds like you ShepsMom.
The Bible tells us that the generation that sees Israels rebirth as a nation will not pass away until all things be fulfilled. And that would include the coming of Jesus Christ.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The history of end times predictions from 2000 BC till 2040 AD...Hundreds of them.
Doomsday: The Future

They all thought they were correct too Campbell, yet we are still here...What makes you think you know something these people did not?
Most of what those people based their belief on had little to do with the logic of the Bible. God has a plan, and untill the stage is set, nothing is going to happen. Most of Americas Jews will have to of returned to Israel, and I don't see that happening for a while yet. The wall that is now being constructed across Jerusalem will have to come down, just like the Berlin wall. The Jewish Temple will have to be rebuilt on Mt. Moriah in Jerusalem. All of this will happen, and there will be good reasons for it happening, yet it will not happen over night.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:51 AM

33,623 posts, read 37,274,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Most of what those people based their belief on had little to do with the logic of the Bible. God has a plan, and untill the stage is set, nothing is going to happen. Most of Americas Jews will have to of returned to Israel, and I don't see that happening for a while yet. The wall that is now being constructed across Jerusalem will have to come down, just like the Berlin wall. The Jewish Temple will have to be rebuilt on Mt. Moriah in Jerusalem. All of this will happen, and there will be good reasons for it happening, yet it will not happen over night.
So, you are saying that you are smarter than all these people including the popes, bishops, a cardinal and many ministers, deacons etc. who did base their beliefs on the bible. Humility is not your strong suit I guess.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So, you are saying that you are smarter than all these people including the popes, bishops, a cardinal and many ministers, deacons etc. who did base their beliefs on the bible. Humility is not your strong suit I guess.
Gods not impressed with religious men that are considered important by the standards of this world. That's why so many Godly men of the Bible were often not considered. Many claim to base their beliefs on the Bible. Yet unless there is order to their claims, those beliefs will fall into question. And often their beliefs have been proven wrong after the test of time. And they were proven wrong no matter how important the world considered such men. It's not a question of being smarter, it is more a question of what God has given to you.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:55 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,233,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
"I will never leave thee or forsake thee". And that is a true statement. Hear again, you do not understand what is happening. The Holy Spirit will be removed at the same time the rapture occurs. Another words, those of us who are Christians will be with the Lord. The people that are left on the planet, are the one's who have (rejected) Jesus Christ, as their Lord and Saviour, and the Holy Spirit. This is not a fantasy, this is basic Biblical truth.
That is not what you said previously

Quote:

When Jesus said this generation will not pass away until all end prophecies be fulfilled, His statement had nothing to do with 40 years. That is a lame attempt by man to read something into Jesus Words that is not supported by the Scriptures. (Why do people try and do this?) Jesus is telling us, that there will simply be people alive from the year 1948 time period, and that is it, and nothing more. Trying to add a number to His statement is simply trying to add something to the Bible that is not there. When Jesus was speaking about that generation, there was never a time He suggested any number of years. He simply said that (this) generation would not pass away. Jesus statement is pretty easy to understand. And it is only confused, if you try to add something more to it that does not exist.
Red mine

Well it is an accepted norm that generation refers to 40 years and you are merely doing what you are refuting in your own words bolded. And specifically He was speaking to a this generation IOW the people in His audience at the time. So again you have demonstrated by your own words your circular logic so why should anyone believe your claims?

Do me a favour, go and calculate how the MoB will be implemented and use sound military mathematical statistics and refute (what I proposed as implausible). Leave your pet doctrine out and do the math. Don't link me to a website - let us see if you can think for yourself as all you are doing is regurgitating what I already know and have dismissed.

IMO your assertions do NOT have biblical support only your own interpretation.

Regards

Old 08-17-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
That is not what you said previously

Red mine

Well it is an accepted norm that generation refers to 40 years and you are merely doing what you are refuting in your own words bolded. And specifically He was speaking to a this generation IOW the people in His audience at the time. So again you have demonstrated by your own words your circular logic so why should anyone believe your claims?

Do me a favour, go and calculate how the MoB will be implemented and use sound military mathematical statistics and refute (what I proposed as implausible). Leave your pet doctrine out and do the math. Don't link me to a website - let us see if you can think for yourself as all you are doing is regurgitating what I already know and have dismissed.

IMO your assertions do NOT have biblical support only your own interpretation.

Regards
Please do not leave open ended statements. Tell us what I said differently, and please tell us what post this difference appears on.

And the only way you could believe that Jeus was speaking to the generation that was before him, is if you are willing to ignore everything else Jesus said. Jesus starts his statement off with the parable of the fig tree. Now if you can (ignore the parable,) then you can make an arguement for his present generation. Yet, useing white out, is not a good way to understand His message. And when Jesus said there will still be people alive from that generation, suggesting this must be 40 years has nothing to do with the written text. That is a assumption which has nothing to do with his statement. If you approach Scripture with these kinds of assumptions, then you should consider printing your own Bible, and making your own religion. Jesus also predicted that Jerusalem would fall, and the temple would be destroyed. Jesus knew what was going to happen, and He knew that the Jews would be scattered across the nations of the world. So of course, Jesus knew he would not return until the Jews were regathered back to Israel in the latter days, as the Old Testament states. And Jesus also knew that before he could return, the Jews would have to rebuild their third temple. So tell me, when did the Jews rebuild their third temple on Mt. Moriah in Jerusalem in the past?

Old 08-17-2008, 12:59 PM

897 posts, read 2,462,331 times
There is OVER 100 bible verses that completely state that JESUS would return in the lifetime of his apostles. JESUS myth is unfortunately a fraud everyone wants to believe. I did for about 20 years and I am glad that is over.There is an end time but it has nothing to do with a man named Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality