Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 10:21 PM

553 posts, read 568,586 times

Advertisements

What a powerful tool in the hands of those who fleece the gullible. You have those who are able to convince some people to give up everything, isolate themselves, abandon family and often go to live on a commune governed by some crook. Then you have those who make millions upon millions writing books that prey up on the fears and gullibility of those who are convinced that the sky is falling an the world is coming to an end, an end that has been going on since long before Jesus. They use the premise to make movies, video games along with the aforementioned books.

Every major crisis is a sign. Every conflict in the Mideast is surely a sign Jesus is taking those final steps toward heavens door. Every earthquake is surefire proof Jesus was right on target though he never predicted there would be an increase in such natural disasters, but instead, that they would occur in different places. Guess they were only happening in one place in the past.

Anyone still writing prophetic books about Gog and Magog?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 11:19 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,625,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yydanay515 View Post
What a powerful tool in the hands of those who fleece the gullible. You have those who are able to convince some people to give up everything, isolate themselves, abandon family and often go to live on a commune governed by some crook. Then you have those who make millions upon millions writing books that prey up on the fears and gullibility of those who are convinced that the sky is falling an the world is coming to an end, an end that has been going on since long before Jesus. They use the premise to make movies, video games along with the aforementioned books.

Every major crisis is a sign. Every conflict in the Mideast is surely a sign Jesus is taking those final steps toward heavens door. Every earthquake is surefire proof Jesus was right on target though he never predicted there would be an increase in such natural disasters, but instead, that they would occur in different places. Guess they were only happening in one place in the past.

Anyone still writing prophetic books about Gog and Magog?
How is it that you seem to know so much about Christianity and scriptures, yet every post of yours is inflammatory and an obvious attempt to provoke Christians? It's been my experience that the greatest enemies of God are those who intentionally gain knowledge of the Bible and Christianity to use that knowledge to lead people astray. God states quite clearly that this will be punished severely.

Using excuses such as a horrible upbringing or someone did something to you in Church doesn't fly anymore....most Christians have horror stories to tell, but that doesn't change their love for Jesus. They would rather tell about what God has done for them since they became saved rather than wallow in self-pity and blame everyone around them, including God. You are here solely to cause problems. God IS real, Jesus IS coming, and it's up to you to accept or reject that. You will not succeed at changing any Christians.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
How is it that you seem to know so much about Christianity and scriptures, yet every post of yours is inflammatory and an obvious attempt to provoke Christians? It's been my experience that the greatest enemies of God are those who intentionally gain knowledge of the Bible and Christianity to use that knowledge to lead people astray. God states quite clearly that this will be punished severely.

Using excuses such as a horrible upbringing or someone did something to you in Church doesn't fly anymore....most Christians have horror stories to tell, but that doesn't change their love for Jesus. They would rather tell about what God has done for them since they became saved rather than wallow in self-pity and blame everyone around them, including God. You are here solely to cause problems. God IS real, Jesus IS coming, and it's up to you to accept or reject that. You will not succeed at changing any Christians.
Provoke Christians to do what exactly?

Are you saying I study the bible just so I can lead people astray as if I have nothing better to do?

No sir/maam, no horror stories about horrible upbringing or someone doing anything to me in church. Try another one. The one often overlooked the most.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:30 PM

Oh by the way, THIS (broken link) is what prompted this thread amongst other such things. Had nothing to do with provoking Christians as much as it had to do with anger at such clowns preying on impressionable minds.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:23 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
yydanay, if you don't come to the same interpretation as some christians, they'll condemn you and call you evil. That's scary.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
yydanay, if you don't come to the same interpretation as some christians, they'll condemn you and call you evil. That's scary.
Yes. I know the drill already. Veteran at this.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:04 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,357,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post

In my experience most of the non religious people and all who have been out spoken to me have read and studied the bible and other religions in an effort to find something of value. With me I found only the path away from religion.

To me, it still seems strange that so many would study the bible and still believe it is a path to anywhere. I see that as a lack of common sense, or just a fear to stand up for what is obvious, and to reject religion. If reading is not enough just look at their history. How many millions do they have to kill before you can see they are “the evil aspect of the human species”?

Knowledge and education is a strong weapon against religion. I understand why the original writers of the bible wanted you not to understand the absurdities they wrote. I feel sure it is why they use Latin in the past, and are attempting to bring it back now. Nothing would put a greater space to understanding further away from the people than to talk in a language knows one speaks.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:13 AM

Precisely! If I had a dollar for all that I have heard as to why I don't believe in bible god.

1. Someone must have done you something in church

2. You just want to party and live it up in "the world."

3. You must have committed the unpardonable sin

4. Its because you were not praying in the spirit resulting in unanswered prayers. Now you're upset at God when it was all your fault (might not say this, but it is basically what is being suggested).

5. You just never had what it took to be a REAL Christian.

I could not have just decided to be honest with myself and after years of careful analysis realize the whole thing was a pile of crock.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Provoke Christians to do what exactly?

Are you saying I study the bible just so I can lead people astray as if I have nothing better to do?

No sir/maam, no horror stories about horrible upbringing or someone doing anything to me in church. Try another one. The one often overlooked the most.
You know what. Provoke Christians to holy anger so you can point your finger and say "See! See! Christians don't act like that!".....God never said anger was a sin----it's what you do with that anger.

And yes, I am saying you study the Bible to "bulk up" your anti-Christian arguments to lead others astray.

If you have a story, then tell it. All Christians want to do is help. You won't be judged....not by true Christians anyway.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Oh by the way, THIS (broken link) is what prompted this thread amongst other such things. Had nothing to do with provoking Christians as much as it had to do with anger at such clowns preying on impressionable minds.
What horrible men/people do in the name of God or Christianity, God will punish them severely. We should be thankful that these women and children will have a chance to find the true meaning of Christianity. You cannot blame God or all Christians for this insanity, which comes from Satan.

This is not an excuse to blame God either. All sorts of atrocities are happening around the world in the name of religion or gods. It's not our place to want to make them pay or seek revenge. God says to leave the revenge to Him. Believe me, He follows through. It may not always be as quickly as we would like, but He does. If not in this life, they will pay eternally in the next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality