Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 10:39 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,627,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
yydanay, if you don't come to the same interpretation as some christians, they'll condemn you and call you evil. That's scary.
That's not true either. Why must people group all Christians in the same category?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 10:40 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,441,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yydanay515 View Post
Oh by the way, THIS (broken link) is what prompted this thread amongst other such things. Had nothing to do with provoking Christians as much as it had to do with anger at such clowns preying on impressionable minds.
THIS has nothing to do with Christianity. You need to get your religions straight.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
In my experience most of the non religious people and all who have been out spoken to me have read and studied the bible and other religions in an effort to find something of value. With me I found only the path away from religion.

To me, it still seems strange that so many would study the bible and still believe it is a path to anywhere. I see that as a lack of common sense, or just a fear to stand up for what is obvious, and to reject religion. If reading is not enough just look at their history. How many millions do they have to kill before you can see they are “the evil aspect of the human species”?

Knowledge and education is a strong weapon against religion. I understand why the original writers of the bible wanted you not to understand the absurdities they wrote. I feel sure it is why they use Latin in the past, and are attempting to bring it back now. Nothing would put a greater space to understanding further away from the people than to talk in a language knows one speaks.
This is something I just posted in the "mark of the beast" thread that applies here too:

The mark of the beast will literally be a mark....Revelation is not simply illustrations of the gospel....it is Biblical prophecy that has to be interpreted through the Holy Spirit, which it has been, and it tells the truth of what is about to happen. Soon.

There's no way to gain knowledge or interpretation except through the Holy Spirit. Since accepting Christ as your Savior and then being blessed with the presence of the Holy Spirit to guide you is the only way to understand the true meaning of scriptures, I would suggest to anyone who is questioning the meaning of the Bible to get saved. It all becomes clear after that.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:58 AM

553 posts, read 568,790 times
Just stepped in for a minute to step back out but just wanted to say, I AM NOT BLAMING GOD FOR ANYTHING. I don't even believe the god of the bible existed other than in the minds or mortal men so why blame the non existent. My point was to show how said mortal men can use a contrived deity to come up with all kinds of mumbo jumbo to fleece the gullible.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:05 AM

23,021 posts, read 34,397,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yydanay515 View Post
Just stepped in for a minute to step back out but just wanted to say, I AM NOT BLAMING GOD FOR ANYTHING. I don't even believe the god of the bible existed other than in the minds or mortal men so why blame the non existent. My point was to show how said mortal men can use a contrived deity to come up with all kinds of mumbo jumbo to fleece the gullible.
WOW, this really explains a lot.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:11 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,358,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
What horrible men/people do in the name of God or Christianity, God will punish them severely. We should be thankful that these women and children will have a chance to find the true meaning of Christianity. You cannot blame God or all Christians for this insanity, which comes from Satan.

This is not an excuse to blame God either. All sorts of atrocities are happening around the world in the name of religion or gods. It's not our place to want to make them pay or seek revenge. God says to leave the revenge to Him. Believe me, He follows through. It may not always be as quickly as we would like, but He does. If not in this life, they will pay eternally in the next.
I will try to make this simple by using an example.
You have a tree. At the base of this tree is a fungus which is slowly attacking the support and life giving roots of the tree. Each year it consumes more and the tree begins to die, with large sections rotting away. The fungus continues, and kills the tree, than dies itself due to it own hunger and greed.

I see religion as this fungus. It is attacking humanity feeding off ignorance, poverty, and starvation, killing millions in it path. Religion if allowed to continue unabated will result in the demise of humanity without question. I see the equal to your Satan, and you can too if you look at your religion. They are responsible for the greatest inhumanity to man ever recorded in history.

I won’t accept your statement “God will punish them” it falls into the same box with the "fox in the hen house". It will just not work.
Greed and political goals rule religion.

You need to open your eyes and look. I think this is a biblical term but it is so appropriate I will use it here. “There are none as blind as those who will not see”.

In you first answer to me you asked if my response was a joke. I don’t joke on such things. I am a serious as death itself. I feel if you want to see a mark which will lead to the destruction of humanity, than look to religious marks.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I will try to make this simple by using an example.
You have a tree. At the base of this tree is a fungus which is slowly attacking the support and life giving roots of the tree. Each year it consumes more and the tree begins to die, with large sections rotting away. The fungus continues, and kills the tree, than dies itself due to it own hunger and greed.

I see religion as this fungus. It is attacking humanity feeding off ignorance, poverty, and starvation, killing millions in it path. Religion if allowed to continue unabated will result in the demise of humanity without question. I see the equal to your Satan, and you can too if you look at your religion. They are responsible for the greatest inhumanity to man ever recorded in history.

I won’t accept your statement “God will punish them” it falls into the same box with the "fox in the hen house". It will just not work.
Greed and political goals rule religion.

You need to open your eyes and look. I think this is a biblical term but it is so appropriate I will use it here. “There are none as blind as those who will not see”.

In you first answer to me you asked if my response was a joke. I don’t joke on such things. I am a serious as death itself. I feel if you want to see a mark which will lead to the destruction of humanity, than look to religious marks.
I don't know what else to say to you except that my eyes were opened when I dedicated my life to the Lord, and I've been looking towards the heavens ever since. In your world, where I have been, the blinders are on the unbelievers. There are references in the Bible as to blindness, but it is referring to non-believers, not Christians. Here's an example:

II Corinthians 4:4-6....(NIV)..."The god of this age (referring to the devil, who is the arch-enemy of God and the unseen power behind all unbelief and ungodliness)has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, Let light shine out of darkness, made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ."

My eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.....

Old 05-16-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
WOW, this really explains a lot.
I'm still waiting for that time frame. I'm afraid I'm going to have to give junior an F.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:30 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,358,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
I don't know what else to say to you except that my eyes were opened when I dedicated my life to the Lord, and I've been looking towards the heavens ever since. In your world, where I have been, the blinders are on the unbelievers. There are references in the Bible as to blindness, but it is referring to non-believers, not Christians. Here's an example:

II Corinthians 4:4-6....(NIV)..."The god of this age (referring to the devil, who is the arch-enemy of God and the unseen power behind all unbelief and ungodliness)has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, Let light shine out of darkness, made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ."
My eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.....

Your eyes have seen lies and propaganda and yet you still won’t look and recognize the dangers in the path religion takes humanity down.

History shows you millions of deaths and greed beyond measurement, yet you still turn your eyes.

Jets fly into buildings killing thousands, still you still can't see.

War after War after War and all you can do is mimic like a bird about the coming of a mythical god, or punishment after they are dead.

I just can’t see how a person can see all this and not recognize the EVIL is coming religion.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:55 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,397,699 times
Quote:
Your eyes have seen lies and propaganda and yet you still won’t look and recognize the dangers in the path religion takes humanity down.

History shows you millions of deaths and greed beyond measurement, yet you still turn your eyes.

Jets fly into buildings killing thousands, still you still can't see.

War after War after War and all you can do is mimic like a bird about the coming of a mythical god, or punishment after they are dead.

I just can’t see how a person can see all this and not recognize the EVIL is coming religion.
Remember this is your opinion and we (Christians) have a different one.
The guys who flew the jets into the World Trade Center were not following God, but a false religion. God is not mythical to me, I believe He is real and Jesus will come again, but again this is my opinion, my belief.
But you're kind of right about religion, what I have not based on religion, but a relationship with God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality