Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 04:26 AM

33,594 posts, read 37,230,635 times

Advertisements

Why is it that so many cannot accept the finality of death? The process of dying can be swift and gentle, or in can be prolonged and very painful, but actual death happens when all body and brain functions cease, and that is but an instant of time....When death occurs our consciousness simply reverts to what it was before birth...Nothingness...Why would anyone fear that?

Last edited by sanspeur; 12-17-2011 at 05:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 04:33 AM

70 posts, read 89,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manss View Post
Death is the greatest mystery after mystery of gods existence Atheists suppose it very simple while it is not so. when a human is dieing what he/she will see and feel .have you any opinion about or do you guess anything ?
i have absolute answer
this life is test for you if you believe by god [the one] and do good deeds in your life your dieing will be without pain except little ALLAH SAID [ Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion. ]
I know what you will say this is just words but i swear by ALLAH who created us and i am sure from this there is hell and paradise there is thing happened to my shick imam he went to visit his friend in the hospital in the room of hospital many patients he saw guy dieing what this guy was saying i do not want enter the hell after this died the prophet Mohammad said before during the last breathe you will see the last abode if you want to believe or not you are free i am always give real story not to introduce my self not at all but I am afraid i want all the people enter the paradise any one speak there is no god ask him from when he knows is He died before and return to tell the people there is no god or he just follow his Probably guess look who created this idea in mind of the people where is he know no one know------ imagine you live your life with this idea and after death you meet god what do you think will see and feel please imagine
if you do not believe about the punishment look at this and compare between them
‫ http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=EH3MONKDE0I so if the death equal to all people why the first one his death so hard like one push him but the second with quietlyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=EH3MONKDE0I

Old 12-17-2011, 06:52 AM

285 posts, read 298,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
One thing we can all be assured of, for each of us, our death will be the very last experience we ever have. I hope mine sneaks up on me in the night.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
I wish the health and a long lifetime for you....we must never forget god is very mercifully and forgiven(more than parents ) , if we aren't cruel and evildoer...which usually we aren't

Old 12-17-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAHmo View Post
i have absolute answer
this life is test for you if you believe by god [the one] and do good deeds in your life your dieing will be without pain except little ALLAH SAID [ Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]
Youtube has been filtered in our area do copy these pictures in this post

Old 12-17-2011, 09:17 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,088,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why is it that so many cannot accept the finality of death? The process of dying can be swift and gentle, or in can be prolonged and very painful, but actual death happens when all body and brain functions cease, and that is but an instant of time....When death occurs our consciousness simply reverts to what it was before birth...Nothingness...Why would anyone fear that?
Well, I think what the OP was getting at was the whole life-after-death and judgment thing...I don't think s/he is thinking of death as unconsciousness and no longer "being." I think that's the fear here.

For me, as I said, the bigger fear is how it will occur...I hate pain. It's the "just before" (or however long before) painful time. That's what I fear. But at the very moment of death, I'm pretty sure everything will just turn off for me, like switching off the TV. I won't "be" any more so of course there's no way I'll be able to mind being in that state.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:52 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,014,346 times
I've had a taste of death, it started off with this sense of impending doom, like something big was going to happen that I may not like. Then it started, chest pains so bad, the worst pain I've ever experienced. I dialed 911 and told the operator that I was having a heart attack, then all of a sudden everything went black, there was no tunnel nothing. I did have this sensation of peace and calmness, kind of like I belonged here, I sensed a familiar presents the next thing was this bright flash of light, it was the emt's trying to get my heart started. From what I was told later was when they entered my apartment they found me on the floor with no pulse, no heart beat and I wasn't breathing, 7 minutes has passed from the time I had placed the call and the time the emt's showed up, I awakened in the hospital. This experience changed my life profoundly, did it make me believe in a God, no, but it did make me believe that death is nothing more than a continuation of life.

Old 12-17-2011, 10:25 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,150,509 times
Quote:
Youtube has been filtered in our area do copy these pictures in this post
Try this link:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v359/sytall/?action=view¤t=__.mp4

Old 12-17-2011, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
this was filtered too

Old 12-18-2011, 12:22 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,508,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
If you would like to more about death, and what it is like, I would suggest you buy "The Spirits" Book" by Alan Kadec.
According to the biography of the author, spirits guided the writing of this book.
Very good reading.
Bob.
I read that..very interesting reading. It is available online for free.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:45 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,508,780 times
Quote:
Death is the greatest mystery after mystery of gods existence Atheists suppose it very simple while it is not so. when a human is dieing what he/she will see and feel .have you any opinion about or do you guess anything ?
The afterlife is a topic that interest me very much. I `ve read different views from different religions and people that have had NDE.
I believe death is like walking from one room to another. Perhaps it`s like being born. You come from one type of surrounding into another. For example, a baby leaves a nice,warm, dark, quiet environment to one that`s colder,filled with brightness,loud noises, and vibrant. It`s another world.

Some say, you don`t even realize you are dead. That would seem to make sense. Your body shuts down and stops functioning but you are still conscious. You never lose awareness, so how would you know you were dead. When you dream at night, you are not aware that you are sleeping. We only come to know about sleep and the dream state over time because it happens everyday. But when you physically die, your spirit consciousness is no longer supressed by your dominating physical consciousness or brain awareness. You enter into a totally different dimension. At least that`s my opinion...at the present time.

Of course we all know atheist believe nothing happens..that`s simple enough. Some religious people think you just stay in a sleep state until Jesus returns. Others believe you enter heaven right away. I`m sure other religions have even different beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality