Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2012, 10:52 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,634,440 times

Advertisements

What came first, the religious chicken or the atheist egg? lol

I'm not sure you would have one without the other. Atheist are only atheist because we have to define ourselves in a religious society. If the idea of Gods never existed and in place of that were only the scientific proof of life's natural disaster and population of the mentally retarded then I don't think atheist would exist. We only exist because we are running from the angelic.

So, what would a society be like that was only based on science? Well, I guess it would be battles of theory instead of Gods, but we would probably have several cures for cancer right now. But I don't know what it would be replaced with. Killer Bees and the like I guess.
This is indeed an interesting thread.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Why not, you generalize about Theist.
To be fair, generalizing about theist is something you have to do. You fight with each other as well, how can it be avoided, it's a vast sea of belief.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:01 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,602,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
To be fair, generalizing about theist is something you have to do. You fight with each other as well, how can it be avoided, it's a vast sea of belief.

To be just as fair I think generalizing about Atheist is something you have to do.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:01 AM

33,595 posts, read 37,235,200 times
Quote:
You neglect the principles of Loving your neighbor, honoring your parents, doing good, telling the truth, giving to the poor, living in peace, eating healthy foods, loving your wife.
Love your neighbor, but if you see him working on the sabbath, kill the sucker...

Honor your parents, but if your son disobeys you stone him to death.

Do good only to those who believe, all others will suffer eternal torment.

Telling the truth, except when lying for Jesus.

Living in peace? You have to be joking, right?

Eat healthy foods, but it better not be shellfish!

Love your wife, but make sure she submits to your superior male authority.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:04 AM

27,701 posts, read 28,820,435 times
Quote:
To be just as fair I think generalizing about Atheist is something you have to do.
Atheists don't believe in God.

That's the only generalization about atheists which is true.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Love your neighbor, but if you see him working on the sabbath, kill the sucker...

Honor your parents, but if your son disobeys you stone him to death.

Do good only to those who believe, all others will suffer eternal torment.

Telling the truth, except when lying for Jesus.

Living in peace? You have to be joking, right?

Eat healthy foods, but it better not be shellfish!

Love your wife, but make sure she submits to your superior male authority.

The principles are still solid; and they work, inspite of the abuse of them by both Theist and Atheist.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:52 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,148,477 times
Quote:
The principles are still solid; and they work, inspite of the abuse of them by both Theist and Atheist.
Does that abuse extend to those that wrote the Bible? And those in it? Including God?

Old 03-26-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Does that abuse extend to those that wrote the Bible? And those in it? Including God?

God cannot be included, but the rest can for sure.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:59 AM

33,595 posts, read 37,235,200 times
Quote:
God cannot be included, but the rest can for sure.
Of course god cannot be included in the list of abused, since he is the abuser according to your holy book.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
I don't understand the similarity at all. I know christians of the same sec that differ in their view of the same religion. As well as the path you should follow to be true to it. Catholics are a perfect example of that. I am sort of forced to generalize about them. It would be rude in a way to not. So many differences I have to pick general wide spread christian beliefs.
For atheist there is just atheist. I can see generalizing about Agnostics, they vary a lot, but that is only because they still have some traits of christianity like faith in something or anything, just not sure what.
I think it's not possible to generalize about atheists. I just think you can make stuff up if you feel like it but generalize no, not really. Not in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality