Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 04:23 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,129 times

Advertisements

While some Christians would not consider me one, I do. Yet, I thank GOD that America=freedom. I am thankful atheists have the right to not believe. I am thankful I have the right to believe the way I do. I am thankful muslims have the right to believe in their God. I am thankful wiccans have a right to their belief...etc, etc.

I am thankful, America.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:27 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,894,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
What can be worse than this?
It would be much worse to live in a Muslim country with a strict code of conduct. We Americans love our freedom. I have the freedom to swing my arms however I like, as long as I make sure they do not hit your face.

The America I live in today is, in my opinion, a much better country than it was when I was born. And I am a Conservative WASP.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:36 PM

6 posts, read 15,266 times
first of all to be a little nice not evryone is christian and america is great if you really wanna complain about america talk about all the tv the government and the parents who let thier kids dress bad and have sex at young ages or parents who smoke weed with thier kids christianity and non christiananity has nothing to do with ameriica god doesnt run are state god doesnt fight in are battles or feed the hunger money does and soldiar and the only the god does is give people hope that when they die they go someplace eles if you wanna preach your advice go to japan or somplace eles.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:16 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,508,655 times
Quote:
In a parable: "Listen to the one that makes you cry and weep, not the one that makes you laugh."

You, the American people are a great nation with great blessings and favors from God Most Gracious; but you do not show the required gratitude to God Most Gracious.
  • Now, America is the top in atheism, and enthusiasm about Jesus and the Patron Saints .
  • America now is the top in indecency: the adultery: most of people are boy-friends and girl-friends living like the husband and wife in one house.
  • America now recognizes the homosexuality, making the certificate of marriage of the same sex: man to man like the wife and husband living in one house under the protection of law.
  • America now transgresses on many nations and peoples of the world, spreading death and wars everywhere.
What can be worse than this? which is an obvious violation of the Ten Commandments of God.

The way of God's dealing with His servants is the same for all people without exception, whether in the past, at the present time and in the future.

So unless the wise men of America prevent and resist all this corruption in the community, then this will lead to The Decline of America.
Wow. Well I at least know how to blame when we fall. I mean half the time when I go on the business forum there always some thread there saying that America is going to collapse and end in anarchy. But in that forum there is only the obscure organization called the illuminati to blame and who members are both nameless and faceless.

Thanks for the heads up.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:26 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,738 times
Quote:
I say: I don't wish any harmful outcome to people; but this is the God's way in dealing with people everywhere and everytime.

I have explained enough, and I shall not say any more words.

If they like to accept the advice, it will be better for them; and if they refuse to listen, and the shouting of atheists and enthusiastics and evil-doers becomes louder than their wisdom --> then it is up to people to accept or refuse; and it is up to God to punish or not to punish them.
You haven't EXPLAINED anything!

You've tried to judge American's by the rules of your religion, which in my opinion are horrific in comparison to ours.

You can't really expect to get away with that now, can you?

No, our country isn't perfect but it's a damn sight better than many other places in this world. Your little area of the world is not exactly a pinnacle of peace, tranquility or virtue.

You condemn us for things like homosexuality yet how do you justify things like Pashtun boys?

You condemn us for premarital sex but your culture thinks nothing of marrying an 8yr old girl off to a man old enough to be her grandfather and when he rapes her, it's justified because they're "married".

Hypocrite!

Old 03-02-2012, 05:49 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
I speak with the wise men of America to take lesson of history, and not to be like the past nations who were exterminated by God Almighty: like the Lot's people: those were homosexuals and disobeyed Prophet Lot telling him: We are free to do whatever we like; so don't forbid us from such words.

Then when God exterminated them: only the family of Lot were chaste and decent among that people: Were they democratic?

And like the people of Pompei and Herculaneum who were adulterers and idolaters: they did not listen to the apostles of Jesus who warned them.
I notice you don't speak to the wise women of America. Just the men. That speaks volumes.

The story of Sodom is just that. A Story. The 'moral' of the story was about inhospitality to strangers. The people of Sodom in the story were not homosexuals. Male rape has been used by straight men for thousands of years to humiliate strangers, prisoners of war etc.

A similiar story is found in Judges 19 where the gang of men threatened to rape the Levite stranger. They ended up brutally raping the Levite's concubine all night before dismembering her.

'Prophet' Lot offered up his virgin daughters to be gang raped. Later the story tells that he had sex with his virgin daughters. How was that 'chaste and decent'?

Old 03-02-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
The Torah was around for at least a 1000 years before the Quran.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:02 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,252,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
So, really, this is just about homosexuality in your opinion. Of all the things you could rightly accuse Americans of, that's the best you can come up with?

Not to mention that the bible specifically says that Sodom was condemned not because of homosexuality but because of the unloving way they treated people.

And since when was Lot's family so chaste? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't his daughters both get pregnant by him?
Ezekiel 16:49 - Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy

This sounds like America. Arrogant, overfed, and unconcerned describes this country to a tee. This nation continues to show its arrogance abroad as it tries to impose its will and sins on other nations, and at home as we think we are too mighty to fall. America by and large has decided it no longer needs God. The collapse is coming and most people have their head stuck in the sand. As for overfed, look at the obesity problems in this country. Unconcerned - Americans are for the most part unconcerned about their fellow men. They are selfish and its all about the bottom dollar. Liberals say we should counter this with more government programs, but real change starts with the people.

Liberals say Sodom wasn't destroyed because of homosexuality. That may be true, but that doesn't let America off the hook.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
The world now is one yard.
All of them are God's servants.

And these have gone to every yard.
The world now lives in the 21st century, not the 7th century. Please catch up.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:10 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Ezekiel 16:49 - Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy

This sounds like America. Arrogant, overfed, and unconcerned describes this country to a tee. This nation continues to show its arrogance abroad as it tries to impose its will and sins on other nations, and at home as we think we are too mighty to fall. The collapse is coming and most people have their head stuck in the sand. As for overfed, look at the obesity problems in this country. Unconcerned - Americans are for the most part unconcerned about their fellow men. They are selfish and its all about the bottom dollar. Liberals say we should counter this with more government programs, but real change starts with the people.

Liberals say Sodom wasn't destroyed because of homosexuality. That may be true, but that doesn't let America off the hook.
It seems to be human nature to focus on the negative.

In my post you'll notice I used the phrase "of all the things you could rightly accuse Americans of". I'm not ignorant of the ways in which Americans fail. We're imperfect. But to say that Americans are for the most part unconcerned about their fellow men? I'm not buying it. I see too many people doing good, caring, selfless things for others to believe that your generalization is correct. Do we all get caught up in our own affairs to varying degrees? Sure, that's human nature, too.

You're right that real change starts with individuals. One of the things that perhaps needs to change is a pessimistic, finding fault attitude that beats people down and assumes the worst of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality