Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 09:15 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,139,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticphd View Post
no! . . . Now can we stop these inane threads.
you're not the boss of me!!!!

Old 04-11-2012, 04:18 AM

3,483 posts, read 4,046,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
But my experts are experts. They have Phd.'s. They didn't get those from a Craker Jacks box you know. And the historical facts are indeed historical facts. Just because you say they aren't experts or historical facts does not prove anything in your favor. It is just your word which has proven to be not reliable.
Nope. My word is always backed up with evidence or citations. Yours is not. And neither are your "phd-people".

Quote:
Where have I ever posted to show myself "self-righteous"? Please prove your asinine statement.
I refer you to the majority of your posts. I don't have the time (or will) to quote them all for you - use the back button.

Quote:
Since when did it take a majority for the truth to be the truth? The majority was once against Galileo. You are the board idiot.
[/quote]

Hardly.

Comparing yourself to Galileo does not make your statements correct. Galileo was arguing for a scientific view of the Univserse, and it was people like youself that supressed him.
"I knew Galileo! And YOU, Sir, are NO Gallileo!"

Old 04-11-2012, 04:20 AM

Quote:
I actually feel sorry for you.

Oo! There's one of those examples I was talking about, Eusebius.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:23 AM

Quote:
It is obviously too deep for you to comprehend.
That's what my little sister told me when I told her that the Cat in the Hat wasn't a real life story.

You still using bad logic?

Old 04-11-2012, 08:01 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Yup. now you're seeing how his mind works.
If you saw how my mind works, you'd be a genius like me.

Quote:
Of course we've all heard that blather about how "the fountains of the deep opened up and disgorged masses of water" blah blah blah.
Yea, and we've heard the blather from you and your kind how the earth could not be flooded by rain in 40 days even though I have said over and over it was not just rain that flooded the earth. You folks just have a mental block.

Quote:
FACT: The trouble is, despite some mis-quotes from Tom (mhrip) C34 about recent scientific proofs of great amounts of water bottled up in the earth, that part was entirely mis-represented by Tom, who took much of the same animated, creatively imagined and Selectively Convenient mis-representations of fact that Big-E here does.

The water in question in the scientifically-based study, 1) only suggested it was there in some speculated quantities, but 2) that even if so, it as contained in deep but completely inaccessible micro-pore sedimentary/metamorphic structures which could possibly be accessed only with special negative hydrologic pressure equipment. Like Noah had, no doubt....

Hardly gushers of water flowing up onto the surface.
You saying so does not prove so.

Quote:
And yes, of course, the bible itself is full of commentary about mountains in the desert that Moses and others had to cross over. To "level" them all arbitrarily?

Pure, unadulterated fiction.

As Usual.
The Bible does not say Moses or those with him leveled the mountains in the desert. Where do you come up with this stuff? Of course the bible itself is full of commentary about mountains in the desert that Moses and others had to cross over. Those mountains were post-flood. Surely you are not suggesting Moses and troupe were pre-flood.

As to whether there was enough water to flood earth . . . of course there was enough because the whole earth was flooded. The earth was inundated with water in Genesis 1:2. All God had to do was to raise the continent above water level in 1:9 where He commanded the land to appear above the water. In the flood story all He had to do was to reverse the process. It's not that difficult to understand . . . for most people.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
It is obviously too deep for you to comprehend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
That's what my little sister told me when I told her that the Cat in the Hat wasn't a real life story.

You still using bad logic?
Your little sister was right.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:06 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,610,917 times
Quote:
Yea, and we've heard the blather from you and your kind how the earth could not be flooded by rain in 40 days even though I have said over and over it was not just rain that flooded the earth. You folks just have a mental block.
Unfortunately, the "Truth Through Repetition" Theory doesn't--pardon the pun--hold water.

You may have said so over and over, but where's the hard proof that something other than rain flooded the Earth?

Old 04-11-2012, 08:09 AM

I actually feel sorry for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
Oo! There's one of those examples I was talking about, Eusebius.
Me saying I actually feel sorry for you does not mean I am self-righteous.

It just means I feel sorry for people who can't think properly and for people who make such horrible remarks.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Unfortunately, the "Truth Through Repetition" Theory doesn't--pardon the pun--hold water.

You may have said so over and over, but where's the hard proof that something other than rain flooded the Earth?
This is the historical account:

Gen 7:11 in the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on
the twenty-seventh day of the month. On this day rent are all the springs of
the vast submerged chaos, and the crevices of the heavens are opened,
Gen 7:12 and coming is the downpour on the earth forty days and forty
nights.

It doesn't say the earth was flooded only by raining 40 days and 40 nights.

For those of you who don't take the Bible as proof, you might want to go here: Is the Biblical flood of Noah's day historical

In the link above there is for and against the flood. If you wish to ask me a question from the above link against the flood I will try to answer you.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers
Ha - it does get irritating, but in the end his ideas are the ideas of the past, and thank God the majority of Christians don't hold to them! I occasionally pop in to see how it's doing, have my say, listen to the hilarious answers and then come back later.
Quote:
Since when did it take a majority for the truth to be the truth? The majority was once against Galileo. You are the board idiot.
Hardly.

Comparing yourself to Galileo does not make your statements correct. Galileo was arguing for a scientific view of the Univserse, and it was people like youself that supressed him.
"I knew Galileo! And YOU, Sir, are NO Gallileo!" [/quote]

I don't know if this simple logic will get through to you but, heck, I'll take a crack at it anyway:
I was trying to show how wrong you are in using the fallacy of argumentum ad populum by you stating the majority of Christians do not hold to the ideas I hold to.
By me saying The majority of Christians were against Galileo, I was not trying to compare myself to Galileo. I was trying to show the majority are usually wrong at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.