Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2012, 10:29 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times

Advertisements

With the rise of science and modern technology in the 17th and 18th centuries, and the blossoming of science in the 19th and 20th, the organic so called " Myth of God" is now being replaced with complex machines that are the new bascis of explination. Imagine replacing God with a machine; now science looks to explain that a God is no longer needed. Perhaps the ghost in the machine can now provide society with morals, characther, law and order. Just the thought of some people actually believing in that, is a mild mannered proof of God, because the bible predicted this would occur over 2,000 years ago.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:44 PM

God is the process that unifies everything; he is the common thread. Life must be unified in certain areas for it to continue to survive; there is no unification in nature alone by itself, nor can random luck develop the obvious guiding force that has gotten us this far. Millions of species have existed that have striking similarities; this is because two conscious minds developed and created them; God and Christ; only two- thats one reason why creation has no confusion. Now if creation created itself, then the sheer millions of created things would have naturally birthed an " Inate confusion", because there would be too many things that self created to have any kind of unity in any forms of life.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:02 PM

467 posts, read 664,945 times
You must realize and accept that you are God; your physical body is projection in to the world of God Him/Herself. If you don't believe you are God in manifestation then you probably don't believe God made the world and are somewhat nihilistic- ie, it's all for nothing. If that really is your attitude, how ungrateful and ignorant you really are.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
You must realize and accept that you are God; your physical body is projection in to the world of God Him/Herself. If you don't believe you are God in manifestation then you probably don't believe God made the world and are somewhat nihilistic- ie, it's all for nothing. If that really is your attitude, how ungrateful and ignorant you really are.

Interesting judgement of me; I admit to ignorance in many areas. I do not believe I am God, nor any other human; there is but " One God", and that was spoken by God himself in Isaiah 45:22. And that is sufficent to settle that in my view; humans are not God! I realize that many humans now consider themselves as God; I totally disagree with them, as I believe God does also.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:02 PM

Why does time have a direction? If time created itself, why does it have purpose? These questions consistantly lead to a God creator; Could the universe even exist without time and direction; it couldnot exist then without a God; so the effort to remove him and claim he is not nesscerary is irrelevant to our current reality and laws of existance. Nothing in the laws of physics insists that there is no God; no law even proves that God does not exist.

The cosmos has a fabric, and fabrics are created by a designer; its academic. Reality is unavoidably suffused quantum fields of energy that are echoes of a mighty creative hand; nature has a definte harmony from his hand, thats " A track." It can be traced. Gods mind has extreme trajectory and science simply can't keep up with him. Gods equations were developed in an elaborate mathmatical structure that significantly left us all clues to his pressence. God formed an inert universal cosmic stage on which events evolved and played themselves out.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:12 PM

Natures laws, strategies and principles are proof of a creative designing personality behind it all. We give far too much " Indiviuality to nature"; as if it has a working planning conscious. We think nature runs on sunlight, uses only the energy it needs, fits form to function, recycles everything, rewards cooperation, banks on diversity; demands local expertise, curbs excesses from within and taps the power of limits; all the things that God did and continues doing, we think its a living conscious nature doing it and fail to reconize the consciousness of the creator on display.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:24 PM

Protozoa is proof of God; and it can be found almost anywhere water is present.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:35 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times
Mickiel, we Atheists think it fine if you want to believe in gods.

If it makes you feel better to keep harping on this subject, please feel free to do so.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Mickiel, we Atheists think it fine if you want to believe in gods.

If it makes you feel better to keep harping on this subject, please feel free to do so.

Well the subject intrest me, theres a planetary zoo of proof out there for all to observe. Take the moon for example; its basically just a big rock. But God made it unusual, its the fourth largest satellite in the solar system; it has no magnetic field and has a puny metallic core; sure signs of intelligent design. Science cannot explain designed creation.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:23 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
This is a very long thread and seems the topic has nearly exhausted itself.
Time to move on..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.