Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2012, 01:40 AM

434 posts, read 342,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I am nothing but a simple man who believes in God and the bible, who disagrees with you and religion.
I am simply curious as to why you feel the need to differentiate yourself; what is the impetus to divorce yourself from Christendom in name only, when you essentially do everything the same. Everything. Even the method of your argumentation and rationalization is word-for-word precisely the same; what is the purpose of denying it?

What are you hiding?

Old 09-11-2012, 03:39 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,592,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
I am simply curious as to why you feel the need to differentiate yourself; what is the impetus to divorce yourself from Christendom in name only, when you essentially do everything the same. Everything. Even the method of your argumentation and rationalization is word-for-word precisely the same; what is the purpose of denying it?

What are you hiding?
I cannot blame you for not really knowing what your talking about, because you really don't know me. I am nowhere even near a Christian; to better assist you in understanding, I will draw a short list of those important things in Christianity that I am totally oppisite from;

Christians believe in eternal hell torture, I do not

They believe in the trinity, I do not

They believe Adam " Fell, the fall of man", I do not

They believe in Thithing, I do not

They practice pagan holidays like Easter and Christmas, I do not

They celebrate birthdays, I do not

They believe in limited salvation and atonement, I most certainly do not

They believe churchs shouldnot be taxed, I do not

They believe the bible was written for them only, I do not

They believe they are Gods chosen people, I do not

They believe Atheist are doomed, I do not

They believe Mary is the Holy Mother, I do not

They believe Lucifer was the devil, I do not

They believe that God speaks to humans now, I do not

They believe the Kingdom of God is here now, I do not.

And listen, this list can be much, much longer, but I just wanted to show you how wrong you are, I am NOT the same as a Christian. Just ask the Christians who post here if they view me the same as themselves.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:39 AM

Well, I stand corrected on several things, but most of them appear to apply to Catholicism, which I am aware has its own strong opposition from other Christian sects. And from my perspective I could not attempt to reclassify what sect you instead follow, among the others, since this is mostly a negative list [ie., what you 'do not' think, as opposed to what you 'do'; the denials do not necessarily inform me as to what your alternative version actually is].. and, I couldn't necessarily list the differences in the others anyway .

Would you rather give a list of the positives? Since your take is a mystery admitted by both of us now... why do you follow the Bible if it's so wrong compared to what you believe about its main character?

I see that my original question has more or less been answered. You differentiate yourself because much of the basic dogma is not what you think the truth is. With that large list [and the more you mention there being] removed, what is left?

Old 09-12-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Well, I stand corrected on several things, but most of them appear to apply to Catholicism, which I am aware has its own strong opposition from other Christian sects. And from my perspective I could not attempt to reclassify what sect you instead follow, among the others, since this is mostly a negative list [ie., what you 'do not' think, as opposed to what you 'do'; the denials do not necessarily inform me as to what your alternative version actually is].. and, I couldn't necessarily list the differences in the others anyway .

Would you rather give a list of the positives? Since your take is a mystery admitted by both of us now... why do you follow the Bible if it's so wrong compared to what you believe about its main character?

I see that my original question has more or less been answered. You differentiate yourself because much of the basic dogma is not what you think the truth is. With that large list [and the more you mention there being] removed, what is left?

Again, I do not follow ANY sect, group, person, religion, teachings, again; I walk alone in my belief; I don't need anyonelse's approval or guidance.

I do not view the bible as " Wrong", thats your language you choose to describe my views on the bible. I view the bible as the word of God, but I do not believe it is without error. It has definte error;mostly because of how it has been translated from language to language; it has been tweaked by many catholic councils, and has been mistranslated by traditional views of translators, the prejudices of Kings who interfered with and influenced translations ( King James for example), and has suffered from the effects of false interpitations of those translators.

The way the bible has survived from these assualts and its main message of salvation is still intact, is a proof of God within itself.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Again, I do not follow ANY sect, group, person, religion, teachings, again; I walk alone in my belief; I don't need anyon else's approval or guidance.

I do not view the bible as " Wrong", thats your language you choose to describe my views on the bible.
Then you are merely playing word games.
You do view the Bible as wrong. You disagree with a number of essential concepts it puts forth, and which the faithful hold as part of the shape of the universe. You use the word 'disagree'. Is it because you fear to come out and say 'wrong'?

Quote:
I view the bible as the word of God, but I do not believe it is without error. It has definte error;mostly because of how it has been translated from language to language; it has been tweaked by many catholic councils, and has been mistranslated by traditional views of translators, the prejudices of Kings who interfered with and influenced translations ( King James for example), and has suffered from the effects of false interpitations of those translators.
Quote:
The way the bible has survived from these assualts and its main message of salvation is still intact, is a proof of God within itself.
It has 'survived', but, if what you say is true [and I agree with these reasons you give, as they are borne out by history] it has not survived intact. That you laud it as having survived, when you in the same breath claimed it's been altered all out of context and proportion, is an example of cognitive dissonance.

You know its wrong, you actively live your life disagreeing with it, but you dare not speak the word.

Again, why follow it if its so wrong?

Old 09-13-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Then you are merely playing word games.
You do view the Bible as wrong. You disagree with a number of essential concepts it puts forth, and which the faithful hold as part of the shape of the universe. You use the word 'disagree'. Is it because you fear to come out and say 'wrong'?

It has 'survived', but, if what you say is true [and I agree with these reasons you give, as they are borne out by history] it has not survived intact. That you laud it as having survived, when you in the same breath claimed it's been altered all out of context and proportion, is an example of cognitive dissonance.

You know its wrong, you actively live your life disagreeing with it, but you dare not speak the word.

Again, why follow it if its so wrong?

The bible is not " Wrong", its been translated wrong in " Some Areas", one just has to know those areas. You want to use the term " Wrong" in order to give the bible a total blanket defined discourse of error, which it is not; your seeking to give my use of admitting it has error, and take that to extreme baggage; I am aware of such spin on others words. Just because a book has errors in it, does not mean the entire book itself is totally wrong, that is nonsensical description.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:50 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
The bible is not " Wrong", its been translated wrong in " Some Areas", one just has to know those areas. You want to use the term " Wrong" in order to give the bible a total blanket defined discourse of error, which it is not; your seeking to give my use of admitting it has error, and take that to extreme baggage; I am aware of such spin on others words. Just because a book has errors in it, does not mean the entire book itself is totally wrong, that is nonsensical description.
You do know that the bible is THE Christian guide book don't you?

Old 09-13-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You do know that the bible is THE Christian guide book don't you?

The bible is being USED by Christians as a guide book, the bible CANNOT be owned by ANY group, nor can your arguements GIVE the ownership of the bible over to Christians in order to support your gripes and discrediting associations. What you DON"T know is that Christians do not have legal rights to the bible, nor do they have guardianship of it in any legal court on earth. You wish to slur the bible and Christianity, thus you are attempting to group your slurs together in one common union; the bible has only one union with humanity; it tells of the story of all humanitys existence and ALL of our salvation.

Its the guide book of humanity. And it is also a book that proves God exist.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:15 PM

From a historical perspective , belief in God has always existed, it is not a recent phenomenon, its a consistant historical phenom, far older than anyone or anything we are aware of; it exist; its a virtual historical law that God is real and he exist. We would have to change that history and that law in order to rid ourselves of God. Even the information explosion and anti science, plus Atheism- has not rid society of this historical phenom. Because they are weaker than their foe!

Old 09-13-2012, 04:28 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
From a historical perspective , belief in God has always existed, it is not a recent phenomenon, its a consistant historical phenom, far older than anyone or anything we are aware of; it exist; its a virtual historical law that God is real and he exist. We would have to change that history and that law in order to rid ourselves of God. Even the information explosion and anti science, plus Atheism- has not rid society of this historical phenom. Because they are weaker than their foe!
The fact remains though that god, all gods were invented by men to explain phenomena they were ignorant of....Many like Mars, Neptune and Odin have been demoted to the mythology that they are, and eventually as humans progress they will come to realize that they are all myths, including the god that you believe in....Check the link below and see how many gods over the span of history have fallen by the wayside...

http://ancienthistory.about.com/libr...gods_index.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality