Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 06:11 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,160,567 times

Advertisements

Reading this article was interesting.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/fa...pagewanted=all

I have a nephew of 28ish in Sydney Australia who meet this good looking women of about the same age, now like me and the rest of our mob my nephew is a heathen.

Now the lass is about the same age as my nephew and as she told him after a month a practicing Mormon.

The question I have is, should older Mormon women be straight up about their religion, no sex before marriage etc etc etc when they first go out with a worldly bloke ?

Because in the real world we do practice sex before marriage and it will be a breaker for any relationship for we who are not religious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 06:19 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post

I have a nephew of 28ish in Sydney Australia who meet this good looking women of about the same age, now like me and the rest of our mob my nephew is a heathen.

Now the lass is about the same age as my nephew and as she told him after a month a practicing Mormon.

The question I have is, should older Mormon women be straight up about their religion, no sex before marriage etc etc etc when they first go out with a worldly bloke ?

Because in the real world we do practice sex before marriage and it will be a breaker for any relationship for we who are not religious.
I'm not sure what you're getting at. Are you suggesting that on the first date, a Mormon woman should say, "I'm just warning you. I'm a Mormon and you're not getting me into bed."?

Old 05-07-2012, 06:51 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,786,642 times
Yes she should have told him within the first week. Letting a month go is a long time. Sounds like she's a Luke warm Mormon anyway if she's dating a heathen.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:49 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
I think it would be appropriate to mention celibacy till marriage when the topic came up. I don't think a Mormon woman has to give a disclaimer with every man she meets upon meeting him.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:52 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post

Should those like you have to say that they are only interested in someone for the sole purpose of taking them to bed and no other reason?

Same rational.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:02 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,506,441 times
I would think that is the sort of thing that would come up naturally on its own when the time is right.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:21 AM

63,824 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Default Should Mormon women be upfront out in the real world ?

The question is presumptuous and utterly without class or dignity in the treatment of human relationships. It reflects how far we have sunk toward an animalistic level of existence and social interaction. Sad, very sad.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:47 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,381,834 times
First thought, this chick is a 28 yo old Mormon and she's dating a non-Mormon. What's up with this? That throws a lot of her Mormonism out the window.

Then, they're in Sydney Australia. With all the great beaches and good weather, it's analogous to the LA of Oceania, that drives on the wrong side of the street...to p!$$ us off. That said, the prevalence of a libertine attitude should not be surprising.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:18 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,259,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I would think that is the sort of thing that would come up naturally on its own when the time is right.

I agree.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:04 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,289,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Exactly Boxcar Overkill...exactly!...nzrugby, if your nephew feels cheated, that he spent time with her without having (getting?) any sex....too bad for him...just tell him that no time with a woman is EVER wasted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality