Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 06:20 PM

1,973 posts, read 1,938,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Then why do you talk about him and degrade him, especially with lower case letters. Disrespectful people are sad children.
Why do you get involved in threads about his existence. You must have some belief in some existence.
I believe others have Gods and I respect them for their beliefs. I find that people that look down on my God are scared that he is real, and is far superior to theirs,as we only have one, not many or every little item, like some Asian religions, or Hawaiian, or Allah (which I dont like as it is an evil religion).

for the last time you cannot hate something that does not exist. belief in god is neurological fantasy god is not real.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:00 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,112 times
Quote:
Okay, time to leave when you start saying Muslim faith is not evil. Its been proven over and over your Koran depicts killing infidels. And we Christians and Jews are your definition of infidels.
Its not my Quran. I have as little respect for the Muslim god as I do the Christian god. Is it more evil to kill Christians and Jews or Jews and Muslim as happened during the Inquisition or the Amalekites and Cannanites by the Israelites?

Old 08-19-2012, 07:28 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,547,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
No, I'm standing in judgement of your understanding of your god. As far as ego is concerned, it is not me who claims to know definitively who God is and his characteristics. I guess my friend should be thankful for that little lesson from your god, allowing his wife to suffer in extreme pain until she dies leaving two children who need her so badly.
No, if your friend believes in the omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence of God, then he is grateful for that Presence in their lives that helps them to face the consequences of her illness and if she is to die, their loss of her. Would you have a world where we do not die? If we were to not die then we could not be born -- or we would be climbing over on top of one another. In God's infinite wisdom we each get a finite life, that other's may also share in life's joys and suffering.

And you certainly ARE standing in judgment of God to presume that you know what should happen in your life and the lives of others.

If you spent time devoting your life to your relationship with the Presence of God in your life, you would understand God's greatness, as I do -- and THAT has nothing to do with ego.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:44 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
No, if your friend believes in the omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence of God, then he is grateful for that Presence in their lives that helps them to face the consequences of her illness and if she is to die, their loss of her. Would you have a world where we do not die? If we were to not die then we could not be born -- or we would be climbing over on top of one another. In God's infinite wisdom we each get a finite life, that other's may also share in life's joys and suffering.

And you certainly ARE standing in judgment of God to presume that you know what should happen in your life and the lives of others.

If you spent time devoting your life to your relationship with the Presence of God in your life, you would understand God's greatness, as I do -- and THAT has nothing to do with ego.
It has more to do with arrogance. Either way, I've been where you are and have grown past it.
How silly to ask whether I'd prefer people not die. Of course, I'd prefer people to not die, especially my loved ones. However, I understand its simply the course of nature, that our bodies and minds aren't immortal. You have no proof of what you claim, so your words really mean nothing.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:27 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,296,718 times
Quote:
Why is always aimed at Christians. Go after Allah, or Buddhists. Or are you afraid someone will come after you. And out of respect God is always capitalized, much like your Allah, etc...

when did i specify the mythical figure as the christian god?
you might want to re-read the original post i had. (ie. post #1)

ps. to make it easier for you to follow (yes, i'll have to make it reeeeeeal simple for you it seems), i'm against the silly idea of any mythical god's existence....including the christian god, allah, buddah, zeus, apolo, etc.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:45 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,296,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
If there were not a God the only thing in the world would be pain and suffering.
God is the good in the world.

Can I guess you have never read the Bible? I suggest you get a copy and read it through and you can find the answer to your own question. The answer to this question is found in the first book of the Bible.

I challenge you to read the Bible and then come back and see why there is no need to ask a question like the thread title.
i've read the bible from cover to cover. i bet i know more about it than you do!
(yes, both the old and new testaments)

ps. here are a couple of funny quotes.....

Luke 19: 27
But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before.

Leviticus 24:16
Whoever utters the name of the Lord must be put to death. The whole community must stone him, whether alien or native. If he utters the name, he must be put to death.

Ezekiel 23:19
Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals – as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions.

Ezekiel 9:5-6
The LORD commands: “kill without showing pity or compassion. Slaughter old men, young men and maidens, women and children”

Deuteronomy 23:1
No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.

Exodos 22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Leviticus 20:10
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:51 PM

431 posts, read 474,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
If you do not know this living God than That is the answer to the question .....See if you do not know Him then others in the influences of the world do not know Him ....... There are people who do know Him but are overwhelmed by the lack of people who do not know Him .......See God gave us His Royal Son Jesus Christ for the earth to all who would be there to know this Creator Who is perfect in love and life....Where God Son is judgment for people to be judged of sin so we can find this God perfect in love , and life .... So the more people who know God in this truth and receive God and His blessing ....God will bring freedom from the suffering in the world .... So when we turn our back on God then He can not help us , because He gave this world to man , and will of man will dominate the world .... So God waits for man to ask for help , where God will help......
what a load of gillipy glop
the question was explain why if there is a god he allows innocent children to suffer .

if you must reply try to answer the question its quite simple and requires a intelligent answer

Last edited by JohnA151; 08-19-2012 at 10:28 PM..

Old 08-19-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
God has nothing to do with suffering. Suffering is a condition of life. God is the Spiritual Presence within each sentient being that gives us the strength to face our suffering with love and compassion.

God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. There is nowhere that God is not. With the strength of God behind us we can overcome all adversity and reach out to others to help them do the same.
well i hope he is here and reading all of your nonsense

Old 08-19-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
These two paragraphs contradict themselves. How can God be all of these things yet has nothing to do with suffering? Can he not relieve ore eliminate suffering? If he can, then he must be charged with ALLOWING suffering. Also, if God can help us overcome all adversity, why do Christians die from cancer? Coincidentally, just as I finished reading your post, I got a phone call about a friend's 42 year old Christian wife, who has two children, just died from bone cancer. She suffered for 6 months with excruciating pain, causing suffering for her family and friends as well and continued suffering for her two children and husband. This lady was a very devoted Christian, with probably 100's of other Christians praying for her to be healed. This example would tend to dispute what you say about being able to overcome all adversity. Any god that has the ability to eliminate this type of suffering but does nothing isn't deserving of any praise and worship.
some christians are with out reason they repeat word for word what has been brainwashed into them by the church leaders they have no will or means to think for themselves ,and are forever locked into a fantasy world that brings nothing but pain hate and death to many of the humans on this planet .

funny thing is those that sit and pray for a cure when somebody is sick dont pray when their car is sick

they take it to a mechanic

surely for one as powerful all knowing and in command of everything as the chriistian g-d is to answer a prayer to fix a broken car would be the simplest of tasks

Old 08-19-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'd probably just answer you with another question. If there was a God, would life be perfect? Totally without hardships? 100% lacking in suffering? In other words, if suffering is proof that there is not a God, would the complete absense of suffering be proof that there was one?
no two differant premises .
the premise that there is a good , loving, caring ,compassionate g-d who made us all and he cares . flys in the face of the suffering ,disease,want and hate that we find in the world today
so he is a fallacy

having a perfect world doesnt prove the opposite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality