Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 04:34 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
On the other hand...

Psalm 139:13
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Yes? Usually when you say "On the other hand" like that we expect to see a counter-point. But whatever, thanks

Also don't forget how God knew each of us from before the foundations of the earth.

Bless you.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 04:45 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
See God choses life for all people and to take the life on innocent people is beyond judgment .... In the Bible from Matthew 2: 13, 16...``King Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.....Then Herod , when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men , was exceeding wroth, and sent froth and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem , and the coast , from two yeas old and under``.... See there was brutalities against innocent Children just as any abortion of unborn and nine month prebirth abortions , its all the same , senseless brutalities ......

Old 10-18-2012, 05:08 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Yes? Usually when you say "On the other hand" like that we expect to see a counter-point. But whatever, thanks

Also don't forget how God knew each of us from before the foundations of the earth.

Bless you.
You said...

Quote:
The Bible is very clear about when 'soul-life' starts.

Abortion is not killing.
Quote:
Genesis 2:7 and 7:22 are pretty good uses of 'nephesh chay'

Many other passage keep the same strict usage of these terms like Gen 35:18

Ps 104:29 repeats this truth and explains it again.

Soul in the Bible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On the other hand, the passage I quoted seems to say God knows us and cares for us in the womb. If that's the case, do you still believe it's not killing?

Old 10-18-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
You said...

On the other hand, the passage I quoted seems to say God knows us and cares for us in the womb. If that's the case, do you still believe it's not killing?
God loves us.

Why limit it to in the womb? That is man thinking. God says that He knows us from thousands of years ago.

Forget about the womb. Before God built our planet, God knew which of us would stand for Him. God loved us then.

God is only love always.

Yes, you can say God loved us on Monday, and on Tuesday, and on Wednesday. But that is kind of missing the big picture. Dude God loved us before the Garden of Eden.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:25 PM

17,798 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
What passage are you speaking of?
I think he is talking about John 3:3 "Ye must be conceived again."

Old 10-18-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
God loves us.

Why limit it to in the womb? That is man thinking. God says that He knows us from thousands of years ago.

Forget about the womb. Before God built our planet, God knew which of us would stand for Him. God loved us then.

God is only love always.

Yes, you can say God loved us on Monday, and on Tuesday, and on Wednesday. But that is kind of missing the big picture. Dude God loved us before the Garden of Eden.
I understand all that. I don't understand your saying abortion is not killing. After all, if God loves us at all times, including the womb, why would He be OK with abortion?

Understand, dude?

Old 10-18-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
I understand all that. I don't understand your saying abortion is not killing. After all, if God loves us at all times, including the womb, why would He be OK with abortion?
I am not God. You are not God.

I can not decide what should be a sin. You can not decide what should be a sin. Only God can decide what sin is.

God listed many things as sins. I can not add to that list. You can not add to that list.

God said what life is. I can not change that. You can not change that. God said and so be it.

No matter how badly you want to change what sins are, you can not change them. You simply do not have the power.

If you want to say the 'X' is life, you can't. Only God can make that determination.

I can not go against God.

Make-up whatever 'sins' you desire. I go with God.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
I am not God. You are not God.

I can not decide what should be a sin. You can not decide what should be a sin. Only God can decide what sin is.

God listed many things as sins. I can not add to that list. You can not add to that list.

God said what life is. I can not change that. You can not change that. God said and so be it.

No matter how badly you want to change what sins are, you can not change them. You simply do not have the power.

If you want to say the 'X' is life, you can't. Only God can make that determination.

I can not go against God.

Make-up whatever 'sins' you desire. I go with God.
Thou shalt not commit murder.

I go with God.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Thou shalt not commit murder.

I go with God.
Of over 600+ commandments, most 'Christians' violate #1 daily.

I agree that we should not violate murder. We should not violate any of them though.

Do not usurp yourself to be over God, that was lucifer's sin. Thinking the he could decide right/wrong in opposition to God.

Beware that you do not make things to be 'sins' when God does not. Study to be a workman of God's Word.

God explains all sin. Do not make-up your own. Man's will is strong. Resist the draw to thinking yourself above God. You are not God, I am not God. No man is above God. Only God can say what is sin. Do not make-up sin.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Of over 600+ commandments, most 'Christians' violate #1 daily.

I agree that we should not violate murder. We should not violate any of them though.

Do not usurp yourself to be over God, that was lucifer's sin. Thinking the he could decide right/wrong in opposition to God.

Beware that you do not make things to be 'sins' when God does not. Study to be a workman of God's Word.

God explains all sin. Do not make-up your own. Man's will is strong. Resist the draw to thinking yourself above God. You are not God, I am not God. No man is above God. Only God can say what is sin. Do not make-up sin.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality