Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 04:23 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,997,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I understand all that. I don't understand your saying abortion is not killing. After all, if God loves us at all times, including the womb, why would He be OK with abortion?

Understand, dude?
Because he loves us enough not to wish parents on us who do not want us. Not to want drug addicts and reprobates rearing children into the same lifestyle. Not to want already troubled marriages to be broken up by the added stress of raising another kid.

If people cannot deal with having a child, they should not have it. Every animal reproduces. It is really not a godly thing. It's nature.

The bible was written in a day in which the earth was not so overpopulate, when people were agrarian and it was relatively easy to support another mouth to feed. Women did not have careers. Children were expected to help out in the family business as unpaid labor. I guess if you didn't have slaves, you just had kids.

If God were to add to the bible these days He'd be talking about pollution and overpopulation destroying His planet. I think God gave us brains to actually use.

Seriously, think about it. Not too long ago the Church wanted to ban birth control. So many Catholics had huge families, thinking they were doing what God wanted them to do. Generations of that suffering made most of them wizen up. You now see Catholics with the same size families as the rest of the population. Well, the same thing is happening now concerning abortion. Religion is rearing it's dogmatic head and trying to legislate its belief into law for the rest of us to follow.

They never learn, do they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 04:36 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,997,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
You mean that part that says, "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul?" OK. That pretty much excludes "human life begins at conception." That sounds like it is saying that a person gets a soul when they take their first breath.
This was the traditional thinking, years ago, at least it was what I was taught. That the soul did not enter the body until the actual birth took place. The woman's body was just arranging and cultivating the physical materials in which to house the soul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality