Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 09:24 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,549,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Yes, until it turns into abuse.
Pleeze dont abuse your kids. I work for social services. I will hunt you down and put your aze in jail. Just so you know, I have tools to find you. Just sayin'. OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 09:32 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Pleeze dont abuse your kids. I work for social services. I will hunt you down and put your aze in jail. Just so you know, I have tools to find you. Just sayin'. OK?
Some consider brainwashing the same as abuse, like David Kuresh or Jim Jones. Do you have any tools for that?

Old 11-28-2012, 05:55 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,716,826 times
Quote:
Why the extreme posts by some that ridicule and disrespect the views of theists? Misleading OPs meant to bait. Phlat out trollistic threads!

IMO if one is secure in one's beliefs such tactics never are used. Simple discussion and exchange of ideas is what one finds.
Ironic, coming from a thread which is nothing but name-calling for daring to ask uncomfortable questions.

Quote:
Yet I read that theists are deluded. God is evil. No proof for Jesus...but let's reject the eyewitness accounts.
What eyewitness accounts?

404 : extreme not found. Questioning religious dogma is not ridicule and disrespect. If you're going to get upset any time you hear an opinion you disagree with, perhaps the internet isn't for you.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:45 AM

13 posts, read 21,158 times
MR 5150 Please understand that there is a paradoxical deliemma when a christian views an atheist. We theorectically understand that many atheists tend to be smart and analytical with a few perhaps scriptually ignorant (not dumb). In a harsh reality we believe atheists are part of the enemies army of anti-christs (the pleurality described by Jesus in 1 John 2:18 ). My personal take is sort of weird as I believe Jesus is tickled pink when confronted with atheists as He loves them and they simply are a challenge or a work in progress. God credits atheists for "thinking" in the reality of a some having difficulty achieving faith. Atheists generally are not hypocritical and say what they think. Flying on your own without God WE consider self righteous and generally it becomes obvious that the haven't been nurtured as kids by la la land parents, often unchurched and have never been to a bible study so the entire concept of atheism is moot and hardly worth a discussion. The only reason I posted (not that I matter) is that I'm desparetly trying to return to a more charitable heart for all people yet at the same time not overly compromise biblical guidelines for life not withstanding God's legalisms, judgements,commands and and things that make you want to say....geez hey!

Last edited by Rantingdave; 11-28-2012 at 06:54 AM..

Old 11-28-2012, 08:05 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,865,999 times
I'd say it's a wash overall. Athiests start threads calling theists ignorant simpletons and theists start threads calling atheists immoral people living in denial.

There are Moderator cut: inappropriate language on both sides.

And, albeit far less common, there are sensible people on both sides who like honest and civil discussion.

Last edited by june 7th; 11-28-2012 at 08:26 AM..

Old 11-28-2012, 09:10 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
Quote:
See, you're scary. That's why I'm afraid. I'm afraid my kids would be hunted down by yours and beat up for being atheist as well.

Aside from telling you honestly how we feel why would you feel the need to threaten anyone? I don't think you get it, we don't want our kids stalked or hurt by someone like you for their lack of belief. For me it's purely a safety issue. I know some of you would ban atheism if given the opportunity, you'd have religious laws in place if you could. I know you think everyone should believe in your God and for someone who doesn't believe in a God it's scary. I will always fight for the right to have freedom without persecution in my country because I'm the one who'd be stoned. I can't make it any clearer than that.

Christians mission is to change others thinking(to follow Jesus), that's not my mission, my mission is to protect my right to think what I want. There is a difference. I don't care if your kids grow up with your belief but I don't want them to grow up thinking atheists follow the devil or need to be hunted down by them. Understand? I don't want you to breed hate for others, I don't care if you breed Christians.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:18 AM

1,816 posts, read 2,514,048 times
Quote:
Well yes, but you never see the desperate sounding posts from theists that one sees from atheists.
Absolutely we do. We see these sorts of histrionic posts from some theists and some atheists all over these boards. Of course, you choose to ignore the posts that paint theists negatively, as you have an agenda to discredit atheists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality