Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 03:00 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,337,884 times

Advertisements

Of course she's nuts. A smart person would have prayed over Alaskan King Crab or lobster, not spaghetti.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:12 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,926,037 times
Default Typical.

And yet, oddly, the Christian contingent here will NEVER police their own, as science is so famous for. By just such a process, we scientists have actually treated a genuinely trustable paradigm, but the religious then try to use it against us, yowling that "science can't even get it; own house in order!", that we're always changing our minds and can't settle down on one absolute inalterable truth, and therefore that it's obviously all "just a theory!"

This is a tacit demonstration that they haven't a clue as to how science works, that it indeed cherishes it's ability to always revise, to improve to better evaluate things as the methods, the improvements in understandings that other scientists create, is exactly how it does provide better answers!

Just my two bitz worth here: you won't be seeing any Christians here on C-D openly claiming that this one truly is batty. If a Christian says it, why.. it must be true!

Old 04-06-2013, 04:11 AM

522 posts, read 623,256 times
Maybe it's the hour, but how I am going to police people that I may have no connection to whatsoever? This is a bit like people who berate Muslims in America for not bringing down Al-Qaeda or something. How in the world are they supposed to do that? Why is that even their responsibility?

And even if we did "police" them would you really like that? A big part of what the Inquisition was was "policing" theories that didn't fit the framework or paradigm. The Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faithful is the peaceful modern version of that in Catholicism. But if we excommunicate or reject ideas of those we think of as "batty", even if it's things like that woman who I think thought she was the reincarnation of Mother Mary, I doubt many are particularly happy with us for that.

Plenty of Christians think other Christians are batty. What we might do, at times, is believe they have a right to be batty. (And I'd like to think scientists do too. John Hagelin believes in some loopy stuff, but I don't think he's been stripped of his PhD or anything) Christians all the time declare another person or denomination to be false or foolish or wrong-headed.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:21 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,397,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsweeting View Post
Before I ask the question I have to set it up:
1. Young children are being slaughtered in Syria
2. Many young kids died in the Tsunami in Japan
3. Thousands of very young children were sent directly to the gas chambers upon arrival at Auschwitz
4. etc
5. etc

The so called "God" didn't help there did he !!!
Now we have this Christian lady who is pretty wealthy I would say. She is cooking food and her God "made" her more spaghetti when she prayed for it. Please watch the clip below:

God Miraculously Made A Pair Of Cindy Jacobs Shoes Last For Years - YouTube

If you Christians on this forum don't see the craziness, hypocrisy, gullibility in this I seriously have to question your mental stability...
She is even the the leader of a popular Christan congregation:
Generals International | Generals.org

I did tweet her with the same question as above (in 140 characters) about Syria and Japan and asked why God didn't help the young children but when she as a wealthy woman asked God for more spaghetti...she actually got it...I haven't gotten a response back though...I don't expect it either...
By the way, these stupid miracles are pretty common among Christians (in the deep red neck south) and there are many miracles like this that wealthy christian ladies and people like her have gotten from God...Insane huh....
This is pure 100% insanity. To bad she as a Christan can't see it but I will say that I'm not surprised for one second.
Any comments or feedback...

Now do you understand just a little bit more (just a little) why I am an Atheist...
Poor woman needs a visit to her psychiatrist.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:12 AM

896 posts, read 1,865,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Poor woman needs a visit to her psychiatrist.
Oh so she's not an inmate of a psychiatric hospital already?

Old 04-06-2013, 08:15 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,031,867 times
While I do believe this woman is off her nut, I can't say she's representative of Christians in general. She's just representative of crazy people. I've known a lot of Christians and I've never known one who prayed for his or her spaghetti to increase.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:21 AM

896 posts, read 1,865,550 times
Well lets wish her well. May her spaghetti, tyres and shoes increase and multiply.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:24 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,031,867 times
I'm actually kind of jealous. God never increases my spaghetti in the pot, only on my thighs.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:07 AM

7,999 posts, read 12,284,973 times
While June is well aware that there are members who do not believe in God, or who don't believe in any kind of religious orientation, or who find that there is no way they are able to relate to believers, or who find the tenets of Christianity to be implausible, and while June feels that members are clearly entitled to their thoughts and feelings regarding the above, nonetheless, what is NOT acceptable is to single out, mock, or demean any religious orientation, or it's members, on this forum.

The Sticky at the top of this forum addresses this factor very clearly. The TOS supports it, as well.

While June has absolutely no problem with member's disagreeing as regards religion, religious beliefs, or lack of religious beliefs, the purpose of this forum is to have and engage in meaningful debates that are not centered around attacking or demeaning others in what they do, or do not believe.

With that in mind, this thread is CLOSED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality