Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:11 AM

79 posts, read 195,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Did you think you would find it on an evolutionist propaganda website?
Considering that evolution is based on unbiased science and empirical evidence, there's no such thing as evolutionist propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 01:44 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times
Quote:
"The Evolutionary scientists who believe that man existed for over a million years have an almost insurmountable problem. Using the assumption of 43 years for an average human generation, the population growth over a million years would produce 23,256 consecutive generations. We calculate the expected population by starting with one couple one million years ago and use the same assumptions of a 43 year generation and 2.5 children per family...The evolutionary theory of a million years of growth would produce trillions trillions trillions trillions of people that should be alive today on our planet. To put this in perspective, this number is vastly greater than the total number of atoms in our vast universe."
One of the main issues that you failed to reveal is that population growth is not always constant. Also, you are failing to take into account the massive amounts of death caused by famine, plague, war, and countless other impediments on the human race. I don't see how you could say that population growth is a constant in that view.

I'm not sure on the exact numbers, but if memory serves me correctly, Europe's population was actually at a negative growth rate during World War II. There's no telling what the bubonic plague did to populations, much less outbreaks of other diseases and famine. So, I would like to see some data on how your calculations took into account the exact amount of people who died before having kids.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:19 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
Science is propaganda ? Wow, I think I've heard it all... Some people of this forum really, really scare me. I have led such a sheltered life where empirical evidence and scientific research and experiments are worth more than myths and superstition. At least science evolves constantly questions and adapts to new findings.
Some Deists just blindly seem to accept what is fed to them and regurgitate it without any sort of actual analysis. BRRRRRRRRR....

Old 11-13-2007, 05:21 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
Let me use my father's family as an example. They came down into this area in the late 1700s. All the men managed to have and bury a couple or three wives, and produced at least a dozen children, who also had huge families. When I go back 8 or 9 generations, I should have hundreds of kin folk......but I don't. It was an isolated area and they married cousins. And we do have a genetic problem. The rate of Lupus in the area where they settled is much higher than normal. The CDC did research and found that there were at least 40 cases of Lupus that could be traced back to one man. Few of the affected people even knew they shared kinship.

I have a son that married his third cousin. Neither had any idea that they were blood relations until afterwards. They have the same great-great grandparents.

This has been true in all cultures. The small communities shared mutual ancestors. Plagues and epidemics of all sorts used to reduce the population and keep it down. Now, thanks to modern medicine, we continue to multiply at an alarming rate.

I think the latest research traces man back to six different females rather than just the one. More research is needed there before that theory becomes accepted fact. It's a very interesting field.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:56 AM

613 posts, read 1,270,531 times
this formula assumes that every individual of every generation procreates...also population is limited by its environment...disasters ...illnesses...resources..ect...
...also this formula assumes not only that population grows at a constant exponential rate but population is always growing...but in actuality it fluctuates
given this the longer a species survives the more inaccurate this formula becomes

Last edited by allah truth; 11-13-2007 at 07:12 AM..

Old 11-13-2007, 07:35 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
Evolution doesn't disprove creation, and creation doesn't disprove evolution.

All believers have different takes on the topic, and there are plenty who think that both evolution and creation are true and compliment each other. Some on both sides are determined that one is true and can only be completely independent of the other. They don't have to be so seperate. Science and faith do not have to rely on the other not being true.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
One of the main issues that you failed to reveal is that population growth is not always constant. Also, you are failing to take into account the massive amounts of death caused by famine, plague, war, and countless other impediments on the human race. I don't see how you could say that population growth is a constant in that view.
Those things came to mind before I was done reading it.
Quote:
I'm not sure on the exact numbers, but if memory serves me correctly, Europe's population was actually at a negative growth rate during World War II. There's no telling what the bubonic plague did to populations, much less outbreaks of other diseases and famine. So, I would like to see some data on how your calculations took into account the exact amount of people who died before having kids.[/quote
It was not my writing but yes, I would like to see these things calculated. Thanks for the response.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Science is propaganda ? Wow, I think I've heard it all... Some people of this forum really, really scare me. I have led such a sheltered life where empirical evidence and scientific research and experiments are worth more than myths and superstition. At least science evolves constantly questions and adapts to new findings.
Some Deists just blindly seem to accept what is fed to them and regurgitate it without any sort of actual analysis. BRRRRRRRRR....
Do you have anything to say about the OP?

Old 11-13-2007, 10:06 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
Quote:
Do you have anything to say about the OP?
Sorry but I'm staying out of this one. It's just too weird for me. I'm afraid I can't even understand the creationism argument intellectually. It makes no sense to me as a scientist. It's just too bizarre.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:33 PM

79 posts, read 195,539 times
Quote:
this formula assumes that every individual of every generation procreates...also population is limited by its environment...disasters ...illnesses...resources..ect...s
Exactly.. according to the logic of this article, every square foot of the surface of the earth should by now be covered several feet deep in insects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality