Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 07:49 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,167,132 times

Advertisements

My guess is it means stay the hell off my property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 09:23 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,778,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
My guess is it means stay the hell off my property.
hahaha - yeah, I figured that much. Was just wondering if there was any religious significance too

Old 08-20-2013, 11:17 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,218,958 times
The only symbolism of goats and satanism is derived from the woo of christianity. I these types of satanists think they are real, they really are christians as satan is a pagan xian concept. There are inverted pentagrams symbolising the goat but you only see this on woo sites and woo books.

Satan is a mistranslation of two Hebrew words, sawtawn and sawtan, you will find this in any good concordance. The meaning is simply adversary. The only people that seem to worship an adversary are in fact xians but they mostly do not know what is written in the bible about their psycho god, the god they think they worship is merely an extension of their own ego, IOW, it is god they have created in their own image which is pretty much par for the course for all imaginary gods including the so called christian one.

Confused iconography stretches way back to when the religion was invented circa 350CE. Even though the Judaic belief system is a much myth as the xian one, they at least do follow the commandment of no graven images. One would have thought that the Romans/Greeks would have worked that out seeing they tacked their new beliefs onto the Hebrew scriptures.

Horns of Moses

A statue by Michelangelo from the 16th century depicting Moses with horns and that was a mere 500 years ago. This another mistranslation.

It is pretty obvious with all that there is in detailed iconography that still exists, this religion is very much man made and heavily pagan in origin. Christianity is an amalgamation of many pagan beliefs and rituals. Folk tend to pretend to ignore the origins from Catholicism and infer they got it wrong. Well doh, of course they got it wrong, man made deities have ALL been wrong. Inventing a new one and pretending it was the progression of Judaism which is also very pagan in origins merely makes the whole religion and offshoots of it a huge oxymoron. Nothing in the Jewish bible is original, all of it is borrowed and embellished stories from other cultures that pre-date their alleged musings.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:06 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,679,256 times
The horns on Moses had nothing to do with goats, but is a product of mistranslation.
Hebrew 'Rays' became Greek 'horns'.
Now, the Hebrews do blow on the ram's horn.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:21 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,218,958 times
I was merely addressing the symbolism and how it obviously got misinterpreted so much so that a statue was crafted depicting the the mistranslation. Moses was not real either, another folklore character.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:24 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,925,342 times
Default Capra aegagrus hircus (the Evilâ„¢ goat)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
A dead goat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Obviously!

But could it mean anything if someone has nailed them all throughout his property?
Hmmm ... Too many dead goats, eh? The owner should prob'ly call in a qualified animal vet to look over the flock. hey seem to be dying al too frequently.

As for goatly Satanic meanings, I used to fight such wildly imaginative stuff, but frankly, it's uproariously funny, to se otherwise intelligent minds come up with that sort of utter bluuuwweeeee-toots.. (It sadly jas been a bit hard on the otherwise innocent Goat species.. Too bad: they are such nice animals!

I mean, for God's sake, Christian Satanists, get a life. Leave 'em alone.

You have nothing to connect goat skulls with Satan, even if He actually did exit!

But as I said, it's now officially too danged flat-out knee-slapping funny, to a fault., to have it stricken!

Keep it up, all thou devoutist types.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...j3-q883Q-nGbAV

(And God said: "Love thy goat as thy son!")

Old 08-23-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Hmmm ... Too many dead goats, eh? The owner should prob'ly call in a qualified animal vet to look over the flock. hey seem to be dying al too frequently.

As for goatly Satanic meanings, I used to fight such wildly imaginative stuff, but frankly, it's uproariously funny, to se otherwise intelligent minds come up with that sort of utter bluuuwweeeee-toots.. (It sadly jas been a bit hard on the otherwise innocent Goat species.. Too bad: they are such nice animals!

I mean, for God's sake, Christian Satanists, get a life. Leave 'em alone.

You have nothing to connect goat skulls with Satan, even if He actually did exit!

But as I said, it's now officially too danged flat-out knee-slapping funny, to a fault., to have it stricken!

Keep it up, all thou devoutist types.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...j3-q883Q-nGbAV

(And God said: "Love thy goat as thy son!")

Well the things is, he owns no goats, so the plot thickens.

All I asked is if anyone here is aware of any particular religious significance to nailing them to trees throughout the woods.

I was seeking info, not making accusations.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:12 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,141,561 times
He's obviously trying to trap a T-Rex. DUH!

Old 08-23-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
He's obviously trying to trap a T-Rex. DUH!
Dang that scene made me wince the first time I saw it!

Tyrannosaurus Eating Goat - YouTube

Old 08-23-2013, 09:05 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well the things is, he owns no goats, so the plot thickens.
Owning goats is not a prerequisite for owning a bunch of goat skulls. I happen to own a walrus jaw bone. I've never owned a walrus. (And no one in my family worships sea creatures.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality