Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 09:27 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

my ratio is changing i am getting more good than bad of late. this is happy time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 12:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,305 times
I think that Religion and Veges have some thing in common. They are the opiate of the masses. So many different versions of the same thing. Religions all around the world prey to the same God and yet they all seem to get a different answer for the same question. Why is that? I know for sure that the people that blow themselves up think that they are dieing and going straight to Heaven because they prayed to God and God told them that is good. So why don't we get the same kind of answer when we fight this war?

Old 06-30-2010, 05:04 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi, I guess I don't think of people in terms of being good or bad because I think that there are good and bad qualities in all of us.
I wish there were an easy way to convey the underlying reality of our Being as "composite consciousness" . . . but there isn't. My track record in explaining things here with analogy isn't too great . . . so if this analogy fails or confuses just ignore it. WE are like "flames of consciousness". . . there is no single aspect of "flames" . . . not even the "Temple Fireplace" that is our body (our cells turn over very quickly). Every single moment is changing. Each and every "moment" of our consciousness eternally exists as pure energy . . . as part of the "flames" that we produce as we live our lives through time. WE (our spiritual embryos) are at the core of this "eternal fire" . . . but we are NOT just any one specific type of "flame." Our "bad flames" will be refined out of our eternal fire by God's consuming fire. But WE will survive our rebirth as Spirit along with all the "good flames." Think of yourself as a montage of "consciousness moments" . . . some are Good . . . some are Bad (only God TRULY knows which are which) . . . let's just hope we have at least the minimum "30-fold Good at the end.

Thanks for reading my rambling and God bless.[/quote]

Old 06-30-2010, 06:14 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,928,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
i just read someone saying that he thinks there are more bad people (in the world) than good. i think there are more good people than bad. does this difference in attitude have anything to do with the whole half-full, half-empty glass thing or am i totally off? does religion or belief have anything to do with one's perspective on this? i would like to know your thoughts on this.
Hmm, not sure, especially about the religion thing; probably does not have much to do with it, I'd say. I have to believe it has something to do with the person's attitude and outlook on life though. The majority of the people I've crossed paths with in life in large ways or small have been rather pleasant in my opinion. Of course there's been a handful or two that acted like real jerks (I work with the public, so I deal with quite a bit of people), but that is definitely a small minority. Perhaps I've just been lucky, I don't know.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:23 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,564,646 times
I think many more basically good versus basically bad, and I am talking about good in the sense of not intentionally hurting other, donating time or money to charifies, being polite and kind to others. However, most people are also followers, kinda like sheep, and the masses are easily fooled by bad people in power, and can be convinced to carry out the evil deeds the master orders - i.e. Nazi Germany.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:23 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
i just read someone saying that he thinks there are more bad people (in the world) than good. i think there are more good people than bad. does this difference in attitude have anything to do with the whole half-full, half-empty glass thing or am i totally off? does religion or belief have anything to do with one's perspective on this? i would like to know your thoughts on this.
The world is full of stupid, gullible people who can be persuaded to do bad things.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:28 PM

55 posts, read 70,267 times
We all bad to the bone,that is why we need a Saviour

Old 06-30-2010, 08:34 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,016,556 times
Thinking that the whole world is bad will make it bad because your attitude tends to have an affect on your actions. There are many more good than bad people in the world.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:46 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
Question When and where.

There are more good people going through the consumption of dim and obtuse things; on the other hand. there are more bad people going through the encounter of self-denial of a satisfying unthreatened open to other human beings life.

When and where is too often recognized for the good and the bad but refused for the good fact of doing rather than the bad fact of ignoring people. Statistically we don't take enough account of what was characterized as quality time.

So what? We need to be involved with each other more often and in longer gay abandon.

So far I have had quality writing. Now, I wish also to have quality responses.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:10 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
[quote=tgnostic;14851277]There are more good people going through the consumption of dim and obtuse things; on the other hand. there are more bad people going through the encounter of self-denial of a satisfying unthreatened open to other human beings life.

When and where is too often recognized for the good and the bad but refused for the good fact of doing rather than the bad fact of ignoring people. Statistically we don't take enough account of what was characterized as quality time.

So what? We need to be involved with each other more often and in longer gay abandon.

So far I have had quality writing. Now, I wish also to have quality responses.[/quote]

Allow me to ask......is English your first language?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality