Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 03:34 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,543,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
In fact, my country was FOUNDED with the specific goal in mind of taking care of poor people of all backgrounds.
What country are you from? This country was founded on illegal immigration , except they called it "manfiest destiny", remember?

Does Indian Removal ring a bell? In 1875, my tribe was forced to spend the winter in a cattle stockade with only a partial roof under threat of death. Anyone caught leaving would be considered hostile and killed.

You are either looking at your own history through rose colored glasses or you are seriously misinformed.

My people were prevented from holding their sweat lodge, Sun Dance (based on their spiritual beliefs) yet the history books truimphantly make the claim of freedom of religion?

Illegal immigration is not the product of a sick world, unless seeking a better life is sick. The european immigrants would have walked the border same as the mexicans, except they are an ocean away. Hence, the only opportunity was to enter "legally".

Your country is experiencing what my people experienced.

The illegal immigrants see a land of opportunity and are going after it like a sea of rats. History repeats itself.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:38 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,237,991 times
Originally Posted by redbird 4848
Quote:
Your country is experiencing what my people experienced. A land of opportunity and going after it like a sea of rats.
Yeah! What Redbird said.
Red is beautiful.
As is black.
And yellow.
And brown.
And not to forget white, white too is beautiful.

Old 11-25-2007, 05:23 AM

Arrow One other thing!

Originally Posted by Travelling fella
Quote:
Is illegal immigration the product of a sick world?
I don’t think that illegal immigration is the product of a sick world.
But I do agree that humanity might be sick (or insane).
Then again, humanity is not the world. If humanity is stupid (or crazy) enough to push itself into extinction, I believe that the cockroach will then evolve. Hopefully they’ll become resourceful and / or intelligent enough to avoid the hubris (ego) of humanity.
Many religions only want to save humanity and don’t care about the rest of God’s creation.
Even the Bible tells us that the animal kingdom and nature only exists for the convenience of man.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:06 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,438,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Travelling fellaI don’t think that illegal immigration is the product of a sick world.
But I do agree that humanity might be sick (or insane).
Then again, humanity is not the world. If humanity is stupid (or crazy) enough to push itself into extinction, I believe that the cockroach will then evolve. Hopefully they’ll become resourceful and / or intelligent enough to avoid the hubris (ego) of humanity.
Many religions only want to save humanity and don’t care about the rest of God’s creation.
Even the Bible tells us that the animal kingdom and nature only exists for the convenience of man.
Well I believe that animals are our brothers too, they are sons of God and have souls just like us.

why does a puppy love you? why is it that your kittens like to be with you and share a bond?

why does the mother bear take care of her cubs?

that's not instinct, that's soul manifesting imho.

why are we humans so sick and divided? let's pray for that to change.

let's love each other, is it really that hard? have you tried to love criminals? "atheists"? terrorists? "illegal" immigrants? they are sons of God too you know? God loves them as much as he loves you.

Loving them doesn't mean that you'll associate with them or imitate them but it means that you will forgive them, that you won't judge them and that you will send thoughts of love and prayers for their souls.

Divine mother, may the divine love of God awaken in all of your children.

Come on, Let's get together
Hold our hands, all of us
Let's pray together
With the deepest devotions of our souls
Let there be light!
Make it happen!

Quote:
“Be the change you want to see in the world.” Mahatma Gandhi
Quote:
Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.
Mother Teresa
Quote:
Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
Mother Teresa
Quote:
"Love is the light that dissolves all walls between souls, families and nations" Paramahansa Yogananda
^^^^^^^^ Saints of all religions! I bow to you all, please help us!!! inspire us to make a better world!!

Om, Peace, Amen

Last edited by Travelling fella; 11-25-2007 at 07:19 AM..

Old 11-25-2007, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Travelling fella
Quote:
Well I believe that animals are our brothers too, they are sons of God and have souls just like us.
True, but we still treat our animals like slaves.
And even when we do not treat them like slaves, we treat our beloved pets as if they are human (which they clearly are not). People who truly love their pets should set them free instead of de-animalise (and humanise) them.
A dog or a cat is not a human, so should not be caged like we cage ourselves or made too dependant to humans so pets can’t survive the outdoors without us.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:09 PM

323 posts, read 742,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fellaTrue, but we still treat our animals like slaves.
And even when we do not treat them like slaves, we treat our beloved pets as if they are human (which they clearly are not). People who truly love their pets should set them free instead of de-animalise (and humanise) them.
A dog or a cat is not a human, so should not be caged like we cage ourselves or made too dependant to humans so pets can’t survive the outdoors without us.
My animals ARE a part of my family. So we should let everyone's "pets" go and let them run around to everyone elses property? My dogs are not caged, chained etc. We hand walk when we take a walk. So the Neighbors dog should be able to come massacre my animals. Or Vice Versa?

I have no problem with someone wanting to come here to have a better life. But if they are willing to break the law then are they lawful people with good intentions? It's sad that people must have laws. But we must have laws. That is a fact.

The illegals I have a problem with are people that do not hold the same thoughts, beliefs and concern that TF does. They are robbing, killing and bringing in drugs. Thats a fact. So we should just open the door and let anyone in? I don't think so. Where ever there is good there is always evil. I don't like it. But I don't see anytime within anyone's culture from here to eternity that it's going to change.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Starwalker Fallen Angel
Quote:
My animals ARE a part of my family. So we should let everyone's "pets" go and let them run around to everyone elses property?
Do you use human family members as guard dogs or work mules or other 'farm' animal position?
Another difference between man and the rest of the animals is that only humans claim to have property.

Quote:
They are robbing, killing and bringing in drugs.
Are you implying that the crimes in your country are only committed by (illegal) aliens?

Old 11-25-2007, 01:54 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,640 times
Quote:
So as long as you get what you want, you don't want change?
Or are you just 1 of those people who only accepts change when the majority changes first?
How you got that, I'm unsure. I just happen to live in reality, not in la-la land. If you think there's the slightest chance the entire world is all going to put aside their differences, love everyone, hold hands and sing koom-bye-ya, then more power to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D
I mean its easy to talk with a belly full of food, a home entertainment system and a roof over your head.
Try obeying the law when you have absolutely nothing.
Even worse, when you have nothing to lose besides a life full of prolonged misery?
No one GAVE me anything, I earned it and worked for it. Who's fault is it that they have nothing? Perhaps they should show some motivation and perseverance.

Quote:
Are you implying that the crimes in your country are only committed by (illegal) aliens?
Wow, what a surprise, this argument again. Come on, you know you want to use the label of "racism" while you're at it. So once again, securing our borders prevents all crimes currently being commited by illegal aliens. I'm sure the victims and families of those victims would say it's worth it, especially since we should be doing it in the first place.

Quote:
So you agree with me that the whites should have stayed out of Africa?
And the Americas?
And Asia?
And Australia?
This has gone far enough. The white people of today are DONE paying for the crimes of white people of the past. I NEVER OPPRESSED ANYONE, I DIDN'T STEAL LAND FROM ANYONE, I NEVER OWNED SLAVES, I NEVER MASSACRED NATIVE AMERICANS, AND I AM NOT GOING TO FEEL ANY GUILT OVER THINGS I DIDN'T DO. THE GUILTY AND THE VICTIMS ARE IN THE PAST, LEAVE THEM THERE.

Quote:
True, but we still treat our animals like slaves.
Wow. I wish I would have read this first, I wouldn't have wasted my breath. So how's the hash over in Holland?

Old 11-25-2007, 02:11 PM

33 posts, read 80,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
This has gone far enough. The white people of today are DONE paying for the crimes of white people of the past. I NEVER OPPRESSED ANYONE, I DIDN'T STEAL LAND FROM ANYONE, I NEVER OWNED SLAVES, I NEVER MASSACRED NATIVE AMERICANS, AND I AM NOT GOING TO FEEL ANY GUILT OVER THINGS I DIDN'T DO. THE GUILTY AND THE VICTIMS ARE IN THE PAST, LEAVE THEM THERE.
I have met a lot of people that feel this way.

Old 11-25-2007, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by SimpleMan
Quote:
Wow. I wish I would have read this first, I wouldn't have wasted my breath. So how's the hash over in Holland?
Dunno but I hear that we export tons of x-tacy to the US. I mean it would be a crime not to do so since y'all are so eager to take it off our hands. And If we don't someone else will, right?
I guess its all just a question of supply and demand, so as long as you keep demandin’ we’ll keep supplyin’.

Quote:
Who's talking about guilt? I'm talkin' about responsibility. The Australians gave large parts of land back to the Aboriginals, so you Americans could do the same.
But I guess that won't ever happen.

Quote:
No one GAVE me anything, I earned it and worked for it. Who's fault is it that they have nothing? Perhaps they should show some motivation and perseverance.
Well then, you shouldn't complain if China is more than willin' and able to do the same.

Quote:
Wow, what a surprise, this argument again. Come on, you know you want to use the label of "racism" while you're at it. So once again, securing our borders prevents all crimes currently being commited by illegal aliens. I'm sure the victims and families of those victims would say it's worth it, especially since we should be doing it in the first place.
I'd settle for ignorance or simple.
Offering simple solutions for complex problems won't work.
Although I've to admit that using a scapegoat has always worked well in the past for many fascist nations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality