Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 02:27 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,438,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
How you got that, I'm unsure. I just happen to live in reality, not in la-la land. If you think there's the slightest chance the entire world is all going to put aside their differences, love everyone, hold hands and sing koom-bye-ya, then more power to you.
Be the change that you want in this world.

You want to know what reality is? are you ready for that?

have you ever fallen in love? have you loved your sisters, brothers with all your soul, regardless of their race, religion, country or actions?

that's reality!

Old 11-25-2007, 04:42 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Dunno but I hear that we export tons of x-tacy to the US. I mean it would be a crime not to do so since y'all are so eager to take it off our hands. And If we don't someone else will, right? I guess its all just a question of supply and demand, so as long as you keep demandin’ we’ll keep supplyin’.
So you're proud of providing for drug addicts? That's wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D
Who's talking about guilt? I'm talkin' about responsibility. The Australians gave large parts of land back to the Aboriginals, so you Americans could do the same. But I guess that won't ever happen.
Why would I take responsibilty for something I had NOTHING to do with? And your BS about giving the US back? Are you suggesting we give it back to the Mexicans (aka Spaniards) who stole it from the Native Americans? Come to think of it, science shows evidence that Native Americans didn't settle in North America until the 1100's, and since I'm Norwegian and the Vikings were here BEFORE THAT (read: Leif Erickson) then maybe it's rightfully mine to begin with. Maybe Holland deserves to have their country taken over by Muslims, how's that situation going for YOU?

Quote:
Well then, you shouldn't complain if China is more than willin' and able to do the same.
As long as they're doing it in China or migrating LEGALLY to the US, then I have no problem. However, ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE NO RIGHTS.

Quote:
I'd settle for ignorance or simple.
Offering simple solutions for complex problems won't work.
Really? Because I view the pro illegal "they're just nice people looking for a better life" to be the very definition of IGNORANT and SIMPLE. Or perhaps since you don't even live in this country, and you have no idea how illegal immigration is affecting middle class Americans in the US, you should consider that you don't have the slightest damn clue what your talking about before you start running your mouth.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:33 PM

323 posts, read 742,293 times
I am speechless. Thank you.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:15 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,237,991 times
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
Quote:
So you're proud of providing for drug addicts? That's wonderful.
Nope, I'm just pretending to be a (ruthless) capitalist, cauz they often use the same excuse. But hey, at least they operate legally when they do that, righ? So whenever you (mis)use the law to your own benefit we can't call it criminal or evil behaviour.
So many individuals don't, because they are afraid of getting sued for every penny they own or worse.

Quote:
Come to think of it, science shows evidence that Native Americans didn't settle in North America until the 1100's, and since I'm Norwegian and the Vikings were here BEFORE THAT (read: Leif Erickson) then maybe it's rightfully mine to begin with.
If you believe that BS about vikings 'discovering' America before the Indians, then yes you should certainly give the country back.
Just because you have set a foot in a country, it doesn't mean that you automatically are the owner.

Quote:
Maybe Holland deserves to have their country taken over by Muslims, how's that situation going for YOU?
I don't care as long as they recognise that people have the same basic rights that I enjoy now.

Quote:
ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE NO RIGHTS.
Right, just like the Jews in Nazi Germany?

Quote:
Or perhaps since you don't even live in this country, and you have no idea how illegal immigration is affecting middle class Americans in the US,
LoL as if Holland in the 60s,70s,80s and half of the 90s wasn't viewed as an economical paradise for many economic fugitives.
Do you really believe that the US is the only country the poor flee to? Just because you see yourself as THE free country of the world doesn't mean that you are the ONLY free country in the world, even if you Americans would like to believe that.
Talk about simplicity and ignorance.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:10 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,640 times
Well by your own quote, the Indians didn't own it first just because they "stepped foot" on this land first. The past is the past, GET OVER IT. Moronic ideas of giving land back are about as realistic as you ideas of setting all your opressed cat and dog brothers free from their owners. Moderator cut: personal attack

Last edited by Alpha8207; 11-26-2007 at 12:09 PM..

Old 11-26-2007, 12:00 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,010,773 times
I am pretty split about immigration. There is good and bad.

However, I read this article today, and it really touched my heart. If this guy hadn't been trying to illegally enter, who knows what would have happened to this boy. I am really hoping they allow this guy (aka one of God's angels) to gain LEGAL status in the USA! He definitely deserves it!!!!!!

Sheriff: Illegal immigrant rescues boy - Life - MSNBC.com

Old 11-26-2007, 11:10 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,531,049 times
Quote:
Another difference between man and the rest of the animals is that only humans claim to have property.
False.

Many animals are territorial.

I know of at leat one bird (the bowerbird) that "owns" the objects he uses to build his "courtship palace."

Try to take a piece of food from a large predator and you'll soon find out whom that food belongs to.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by nvxplorer
Quote:
Many animals are territorial.
Being territorial and owning things are 2 different things. A Tiger doesn't give a damn when a giraffe strolls through his territory. But a man who has a car locks it because he believes that everyone covets his car.
Man through his believe in possession has become paranoid compared to the other animals.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:35 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,531,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer Being territorial and owning things are 2 different things. A Tiger doesn't give a damn when a giraffe strolls through his territory.
And a man doesn't give a damn when rabbits run through his back yard. If another man runs through his back yard, however, he cares. Same thing with a tiger. Tigers are territorial with other tigers. (Giraffe? You have your continents mixed up TD. ) The tiger owns his territory just as men own theirs. Being territorial means "owning territory," so it is in fact the same thing as owning.
Quote:
But a man who has a car locks it because he believes that everyone covets his car.
I lock my car to prevent theft. Pretty basic. This has nothing to do with belief, but everything to do with the fact that cars and the items they contain are subject to theft.
Quote:
Man through his believe in possession has become paranoid compared to the other animals.
Paranoid? Life is a struggle. Life is competition. This is fact, not paranoia. Tell a female lion, after a kill, that she's just "paranoid" of those pesky hyenas.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by nvxplorer
Quote:
Being territorial means "owning territory," so it is in fact the same thing as owning
Nope, the tiger does not see the land and everything on it, under it, or above it as his. It is just a place were he finds food.
Man wages war with anything that disturbs his piece and he views everything on the land, under it and above it as his.
You make the mistake of attributing a human characteristic to an animal.

Quote:
I lock my car to prevent theft. Pretty basic. This has nothing to do with belief, but everything to do with the fact that cars and the items they contain are subject to theft.
They are only subject to theft, because you believe you own it.
If one does not own a thing it cannot be stolen.

Quote:
Tell a female lion, after a kill, that she's just "paranoid" of those pesky hyenas.
Lions do not hunt after hyenas when they are not after their food. Man wages war with everything and everyone that uses the same resources as him.
He even hunts it into extermination.
No other animal does this. Simply because it is not cost effective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality