Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 09:08 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,007 times

Advertisements

You tell me.

Quote:
Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
Mother Teresa
Quote:
"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it." Abraham Lincoln's Cooper Institute Address
Quote:
Be the change you want to see in the world.” Mahatma Gandhi
Quote:
Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.
Mother Teresa
Quote:
I don't want to claim that God is on our side, I want to pray humbly that we are on God's side. Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
"Love is the light that dissolves all walls between souls, families and nations" Paramahansa Yogananda
Quote:
"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln
Why is it that it's ok even "patriotic" to invade a foreign country to steal their oil reserves, risking the life of innocents.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-out-army.html

But human beings are criminalized?

Heal the world, make it a better place, for me and for you and the entire human race.

All together, hold your hands
let's pray together
with the deepest devotion of our souls
Let there be light!
Make it happen

Author's URL: Fiery Darts Your Source for Unique Adobe Photoshop Tutorials

A better world's possible

Don't sit waiting for others to do it.

Let's be true children of God, spiritual warriors

Last edited by Travelling fella; 11-24-2007 at 09:20 AM..

Old 11-24-2007, 10:14 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
I'm TRYING to do my part---I'm a citizen of a nation that sincerely tries to do good--and has done a HUGE part of the "good things" that people over the past few centuries have done for each other. In fact, my country was FOUNDED with the specific goal in mind of taking care of poor people of all backgrounds. My country is willing to do all this with no expectation of any gratitude. Many people have been allowed into my country, without even asking permission, and they aren't required to show any appreciation, unless they want to---and most do not. That makes us a pretty "charitable, caring" country, I think. (By the way, a little gratitude would certainly be NICE---it's just that we don't "require" it.)

Additionally, my country rises even FARTHER above the world's "norm", by willingly accepting about 95% of the world's BLAME. No matter who does what to whom, in any country around the world, usually it comes down to somehow being "our fault". VERY few nations on earth are willing to "share ther blame" with us, even for their OWN INTERNAL problems.

We could do more, of course, (and most of the world's population has all KINDS of suggestions about what "more" we could, and should, be doing for THEM), but at this point I'd like a little cooperation.

Are there any OTHER countries out there who are willing to HELP us in "doing good"? Particularly in doing good for OTHERS, of other races and religions, and not just their OWN? Is anyone interested in joining us in taking some of the BLAME for the world's problems? It would help a lot to know that someone is "on our side" in our continuing efforts to "do good".

Answers, comments, or suggestions, anyone?.....

Old 11-24-2007, 10:22 AM

5,167 posts, read 11,434,314 times
Illegal immigration is a product of GREED. As is most evil in this world. Greed by the companies in the US that hire illegals because they will work for lower wages. Greed by the companies that set up "shop" in Mexico and don't pay people a living wage, so they feel they have to leave their country and look for a way to make more money to support their families.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Are there any OTHER countries out there who are willing to HELP us in "doing good"? Particularly in doing good for OTHERS, of other races and religions, and not just their OWN? Is anyone interested in joining us in taking some of the BLAME for the world's problems? It would help a lot to know that someone is "on our side" in our continuing efforts to "do good".

I don't know about other countries, but I want to do something good in this world, even if it's microscopic, otherwise my life wouldn't have any purpose, anyone else?

I put this post after sharing some beautiful days in Brazil with people from South Africa, Israel, Mexico and Brazil I'm gonna upload the pictures of this later in another post.

This made me believe that another world is possible, I already believed it, but these kind of experiences make that belief stronger.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:31 AM

402 posts, read 1,060,869 times
Quote:
I'm TRYING to do my part---I'm a citizen of a nation that sincerely tries to do good--and has done a HUGE part of the "good things" that people over the past few centuries have done for each other. In fact, my country was FOUNDED with the specific goal in mind of taking care of poor people of all backgrounds. My country is willing to do all this with no expectation of any gratitude. Many people have been allowed into my country, without even asking permission, and they aren't required to show any appreciation, unless they want to---and most do not. That makes us a pretty "charitable, caring" country, I think. (By the way, a little gratitude would certainly be NICE---it's just that we don't "require" it.)

Additionally, my country rises even FARTHER above the world's "norm", by willingly accepting about 95% of the world's BLAME. No matter who does what to whom, in any country around the world, usually it comes down to somehow being "our fault". VERY few nations on earth are willing to "share ther blame" with us, even for their OWN INTERNAL problems.

We could do more, of course, (and most of the world's population has all KINDS of suggestions about what "more" we could, and should, be doing for THEM), but at this point I'd like a little cooperation.

I am in total agreement with you macmeal, and getting very tired of our own citizens criticising us because we want people to follow the laws of our country to become citizens, Illegal's must be sent home. If our citizens feel so sorry for the illegals, then perhaps they should be willing to go to those countries and help them make things better in their own homeland. It ain't gonna happen though, give up their own comforts to help illegals find comfort in their own countries. Nope! it won't happen.

Old 11-24-2007, 01:56 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,060 times
Sorry TF, I think your views would only work in a perfect world. If everyone had the same values, ideals, beliefs and respect for each other then everyone in the world living together as one would be fine. But when you have different people with different beliefs and values all living together, you have conflict, struggle and an eventual fight for dominance, that's just human nature. So, to avoid this, the world has it's countries where those with similar culture and values can seperate themselves from those who view things differently, and as long as those borders are respected, conflict for the most part can be avoided. Being different is fine and dandy, but when you have cultures from 2 or more countries living together in one community (i.e. Mexican culture with no intent of assimilation to American culture) you WILL have conflict, and an eventual fight for dominance. Sorry to rain on your parade, but unless everyone in the world has the same beliefs, borders are necessary, and should be respected.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:00 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Sorry TF, I think your views would only work in a perfect world. If everyone had the same values, ideals, beliefs and respect for each other then everyone in the world living together as one would be fine. But when you have different people with different beliefs and values all living together, you have conflict, struggle and an eventual fight for dominance, that's just human nature. So, to avoid this, the world has it's countries where those with similar culture and values can seperate themselves from those who view things differently, and as long as those borders are respected, conflict for the most part can be avoided. Being different is fine and dandy, but when you have cultures from 2 or more countries living together in one community (i.e. Mexican culture with no intent of assimilation to American culture) you WILL have conflict, and an eventual fight for dominance. Sorry to rain on your parade, but unless everyone in the world has the same beliefs, borders are necessary, and should be respected.
I could not agree more, SimpleMan . . . BEAUTIFULLY STATED!

Old 11-24-2007, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Why gandhi made such great achievements?

Quote:
Be the change you want to see in the world.” Mahatma Gandhi
Don't we all wish a better world? aren't we concerned about illegal immigration even if it's for different motives?

at least we should reflect on what we are and what we want to be imho

http://www.gopala.com/jesus/krishna.jpg (broken link)

Krishna (God's supreme personality) instructing Arjuna (The soul) on the art of spiritual battle.

Arm yourselves, let's fight this war and win it.

Let's be their allies

Isn't love the strongest power in the universe? the most effective weapon? God is love, think about what God can achieve

May the divine love of God awaken in all of us.

Last edited by Travelling fella; 11-24-2007 at 02:23 PM..

Old 11-24-2007, 02:22 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Why gandhi made such great achievements?

Don't we all wish a better world? aren't we concerned about illegal immigration even if it's for different motives?

at least we should reflect on what we are and what we want to be imho
Until you get the ENTIRE WORLD to think this way, it's never going to happen. Sounds good in theory, but reality is the way the world is now, greed, corruption, domination, etc. Good and evil exists everywhere, even in the after life, that's just the way it is.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Until you get the ENTIRE WORLD to think this way, it's never going to happen. Sounds good in theory, but reality is the way the world is now, greed, corruption, domination, etc. Good and evil exists everywhere, even in the after life, that's just the way it is.
Let's get together then!
What are we waiting for!!
Let's pray!! pray together, with the deepest devotion of our souls!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality