Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2014, 07:26 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times

Advertisements

God? I would say definitely not.

Like crash investigators, I only turn up publicly at crashes.

Look, can you look into your heart (at they say ) and on your honour as a whatever you believe -ist) declare that this story of yours is fact, undoctored to make it look like a bit of a miracle? If you do, I will accept your word and withdraw my accusation (since that it what it is looking like).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 04:14 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Miss Hepburn is saying nothing new, she sees her glass half full, and not half empty. I will take this a step further and guess that she voted for Obama, and believes in the redistribution of wealth, just as long as it's not her own wealth.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:08 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
God? I would say definitely not.
Like crash investigators, I only turn up publicly at crashes.

Look, can you look into your heart (at they say ) and on your honour as a whatever you believe -ist) declare that this story of yours is fact, undoctored to make it look like a bit of a miracle? If you do, I will accept your word and withdraw my accusation (since that it what it is looking like).
What on earth would be made up?
I walk my dog and at the bottom of my driveway I find a 20...seconds later a very dirty
street guy walks by I give it to him....a day later I find 2 more 20s.
What is the problem?
I see it as I see it...you don't. ..I will NEVER EVER share a cool or neat thing that I experience on this forum
ever again...not even in a
section marked religious /spirtual....now someone insults me by saying something about giving money,as long as
the money isn't mine?...What kind of people are you ?

Many people from here are now on my ignore list.
...I'm taking out the trash...and done with it.

Ah, opening a window and getting a breath of fresh air.
This is a shocking bit of unexpected ugliness from such a fun couple
of days I shared about my life.

Bye

Old 01-21-2014, 11:25 PM

63,816 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Only to those not fortunate enough to have experienced the 60's.
I'm glad these things are happening in your life, Miss Hepburn. It's nice to know the dream never dies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Nicely said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I walk my dog and at the bottom of my driveway I find a 20...seconds later a very dirty
What is the problem?
I see it as I see it...you don't. ..I will NEVER EVER share a cool or neat thing that I experience on this forum
section marked religious /spirtual....now someone insults me by saying something about giving money,as long as

Bye
Ah Miss Hepburn . . . focus on the people like Dew and Pleroo or myself . . . not the ugly negative cynics who are obsessively fearful of being bamboozled. Your sincerity shines out from your posts. I find your witness uplifting. Don't let the barking dogs shut you up.

Old 01-22-2014, 04:41 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
Quote:
What is the problem?

Bye
As one of those proud few who were put on your ignore list very early for questioning your tales, if you have such a need for adulation as to make your claims of elitism because of your special hallucinations and your claim of impetuous charity by giving away someone else's money, then "Bravo!!". Your ego aggrandizement is complete and your goal accomplished.

Old 01-22-2014, 04:47 AM

Quote:
What is the problem?

Bye
You evaded my point. On your honour - is it true? Just as described?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Ah Miss Hepburn . . . focus on the people like Dew and Pleroo or myself . . . not the ugly negative cynics who are obsessively fearful of being bamboozled. Your sincerity shines out from your posts. I find your witness uplifting. Don't let the barking dogs shut you up.
I like the way you craftily suggest that I am trying to silence Miss Hepburn. I also note that you evade the matter of whether the story is true or not, but just beat the drum for it being 'uplifting'.

Even if it is true -and we still await a convincing declaration that it is - its use as a way of arguing that something miraculous is going on beyond mere chance is invalid and your cheerleading of it shows up the ongoing flaws in your faith -based reasoning, even if the unpleasant characterization of myself as one of the 'ugly negative cynics' did not show the seething resentment of non -believers that becomes evident from time to time.

I have offered to withdraw my case on a very simple undertaking - so far not taken up. All I have got is evasion and infantile 'There, there, don't let the narsty man upset you'.

I love it here.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 01-22-2014 at 05:03 AM.. Reason: make that 'flaws'

Old 01-22-2014, 04:54 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
You evaded my point. On your honour - is it true? Just as described?
Sorry Arequipa, you are now on the infamous Hepburn Ignore List. Wear the badge with pride.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Sorry Arequipa, you are now on the infamous Hepburn Ignore List. Wear the badge with pride.
I feel so..privileged...

Old 01-22-2014, 07:15 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
My guess is the second windfall was not given away as knowing the chance of that also leading to more found money would be pretty much none. And that would kind of debunk the "miracle".

Old 01-22-2014, 07:39 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
What is the problem?

Bye
If you don't care to share it here, (and I wouldn't blame you, there's a not of negative energy here) I'd appreciate a DM to let me know what's happened next on your journey.

Personally, I'm leery of sharing personal thoughts and experiences on the Religion threads because I've no desire to read the rants of those who don't understand where I'm coming from. And because there are bullies on the internet just as there are in real life and I think they're best dealt with by not giving ammunition. I strive to keep my karma positive. Some of the negativity here interferes with that. Not good for happiness.

Besides some of the good things that happen to us are just soooooo good they're best held close to the heart where they can be cherished. You might, however, think of joining us in the Sacred Circle. I know everyone would welcome you there.

You've a good heart, Miss Hepburn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality