Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 04:03 AM

5,510 posts, read 3,943,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post

Uhm ... can I borrow your time machine someday? I can only assume you have one because that's the only way you could know whether or not something is in mid-evolution. Well, unless you've convinced yourself that "mid-evolution" means all kinds of funky and biologically untenable forms. I'm guessing this forum is about to have its next Golden Crocoduck Award really soon. At any rate, humanity could be in "mid-evolution" for all we know, and who is to say if a cat will still be a cat in another 100 million years?

Everything's perpetually in mid-evolution. The universe, reduced to a slogan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 04:05 AM

5,510 posts, read 3,943,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Hand structure?...A bit more than that, because we are apes.
Good to know my cousin is safe--he's been AWOL for a while now.

Old 06-07-2014, 04:41 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,398,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Ok. I will still believe my bible that tells me MAN and WOMAN were made in Gods image. So either Man and woman were somehow way mistranslated or God is a monkey, is that right?
So what does your God look like?

Old 06-07-2014, 04:44 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,852,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
So what does your God look like?
Exodus 33:20 tells us, “You cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”

Ezekiel 1:26-28 declares, “Above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.”

Revelation 1:14-16 proclaims, “His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.”

Old 06-07-2014, 04:44 AM

Quote:
ha.ha. How funny are you.
She's very funny.

Old 06-07-2014, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Exodus 33:20 tells us, “You cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”

Ezekiel 1:26-28 declares, “Above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.”

Revelation 1:14-16 proclaims, “His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.”
And you think human men and women were created in the image of this God?

By the way, does your God have a penis or breasts? Serious question.

Old 06-07-2014, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
And you think human men and women were created in the image of this God?

By the way, does your God have a penis or breasts? Serious question.
Genesis 1:27 "God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."

I dont know the answer to your second question.

Old 06-07-2014, 04:53 AM

641 posts, read 558,801 times
Quote:

Are you talking about the same Revelation that isn't found in any Biblical canon before the third century? And the same Exodus that posits a population of Hebrews, numbering in the millions, migrating out of ancient Egypt and leaving not a single piece of evidence that they ever existed?

Just curious.

Old 06-07-2014, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc1 View Post
Are you talking about the same Revelation that isn't found in any Biblical canon before the third century? And the same Exodus that posits a population of Hebrews, numbering in the millions, migrating out of ancient Egypt and leaving not a single piece of evidence that they ever existed?

Just curious.
Those arent the only places Gods image is talked about. I was answering the question on what God looks like. There isnt a simple one line sentence to sum it up.

Old 06-07-2014, 04:59 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,226,903 times
Quote:
Those arent the only places Gods image is talked about. I was answering the question on what God looks like. There isnt a simple one line sentence to sum it up.
So maybe you can just do a sketch?
You know what is said about a picture and a thousand words?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality