Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2016, 05:28 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,605,114 times

Advertisements

its so simple its stupid.

The light creates the darkness. The light never loses, but the darkness can never go away either or there would be no light. Some limited minded people think that good stands on its own. Much like a child thinks the world around it is all there is. That child is convinced that what it knows is all there is to know.

Some brains, due to addiction, abuse, or illness never leave the adolescent thinking.

show me one "Hero" formed from only "good" events.
Just one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 05:43 PM

760 posts, read 770,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I just watched a DVD that interviewed 5 Hungarian Jewish survivors of the death camps. I actually couldn't finish watching it, because it was so pathetic how they were abused and murdered. I then wondered "if there is a God, how could he allow this to happen?". Our own country has its own horrors as well. How we're all of these allowed to happen by God?
Because it's a fantasy, and like Santa Claus in his workshop at the North Pole making toys to deliver on Dec 25th, it's wishfull thinking by people who need a crutch to lean on and think that something, anything out there actually gives a rat's behind about them or anything else on this grain of sand stuck out in the vast space full of countless grains of sand we call stars and planets.

I think this explanation says it best:

Quote:
"Marx considered the contributions of religion over the centuries to be unimportant and irrelevant to the future of humanity. He argued that religious belief had been invented as a reaction against the suffering and injustice of the world. In his view, the poor and oppressed were the original creators of religion, and they used it as a way to reassure themselves that they would have a better life in the future, after death. Thus, it served as a kind of "opium," or a way to escape the harsh realities of the world.

Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.
Over time, however, religion came to be used by the ruling classes as a way to keep people obedient, by promising supernatural rewards in exchange for submission on earth. Thus, marx argued that religion - originally intended as an escape from suffering - had been turned into a cause of suffering.
Furthermore, in his view, atheistic philosophy had liberated human beings from suppressing their natural potential and allowed for people to realize that they, rather than any supernatural force that required obedience, were the masters of reality."

Old 11-13-2016, 07:28 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,371,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
its so simple its stupid.

The light creates the darkness. The light never loses, but the darkness can never go away either or there would be no light. Some limited minded people think that good stands on its own. Much like a child thinks the world around it is all there is. That child is convinced that what it knows is all there is to know.

Some brains, due to addiction, abuse, or illness never leave the adolescent thinking.

Just one.
The Darkness is separation.

The Light is unity.

This world we live in is an interplay between these two absolutes.

The terms of Hell/Heaven with fire or fluffy clouds are just misunderstandings. They are simply the extremes. Of course, this is an oversimplification, because a country where everyone is the same can be oppressive. If nobody agreed it would also be miserable, because they would be rioting all day long.

People search for an ideal, such as "for everyone to live together," but then turn around and say "but not those people." No, either you have unity and you do your part mending things, or you have clear boundaries of what is and isn't acceptable. Or you accept that there aren't absolutes. The problem arises when you are hypocritical and push for an ideal you don't truly believe in, like "everybody should share everything (so I can become rich)."

Old 11-13-2016, 10:01 PM

22,308 posts, read 19,272,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
...The light creates the darkness. The light never loses, but the darkness can never go away either or there would be no light. ...

Just one.
I disagree

Light does not create darkness, light dispells the darkness. Darkness does go away because it is dispelled by light. Darkness is an absence of light.

Heros are heros because they choose light when faced with darkness. It is in their response to darkness, it is in their choosing light. We are put on this earth to choose light. That is the essence of free will. Do we choose light or do we choose darkness.

That is Illumination.

Regarding the holocaust the heros are those who chose light in that darkness. And that includes those whose devotion to God did not waver during or after.

You don't have to understand it. But many of us do. Saying there is no God is the ultimate darkness. Atheism promotes darkness, and a person has to look no further than these boards to see proof of that.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 11-13-2016 at 11:27 PM..

Old 11-14-2016, 01:19 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,271,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I just watched a DVD that interviewed 5 Hungarian Jewish survivors of the death camps. I actually couldn't finish watching it, because it was so pathetic how they were abused and murdered. I then wondered "if there is a God, how could he allow this to happen?". Our own country has its own horrors as well. How we're all of these allowed to happen by God?
Yes it's amazing that people believe in an imaginary man in the sky that supposedly has all the power in the Universe, but yet sits by idly as the human species unleashes horrors upon it's own species as well as other species...but yet this all powerful god sits by idly and has done so for a long long long long time.

Makes ZERO sense.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:35 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,605,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
I disagree

Light does not create darkness, light dispells the darkness. Darkness does go away because it is dispelled by light. Darkness is an absence of light.

Heros are heros because they choose light when faced with darkness. It is in their response to darkness, it is in their choosing light. We are put on this earth to choose light. That is the essence of free will. Do we choose light or do we choose darkness.

That is Illumination.

Regarding the holocaust the heros are those who chose light in that darkness. And that includes those whose devotion to God did not waver during or after.

You don't have to understand it. But many of us do. Saying there is no God is the ultimate darkness. Atheism promotes darkness, and a person has to look no further than these boards to see proof of that.
well, we would then have to address who misunderstands what.

Light must create the darkness. There is no other way. Light does not dispel darkness as much as it puts light where there was no light. Which is a bunch of BS anyway if we don't anchor it in what we do know ... F=ma.

Atheism is not "the darkness". 'atheism" has sects like any other statement of belief. Fundy-mental atheist will deny it, but they are just wrong. All groups of people have little sections that have a slightly different take on the base belief. Atheist, like me, just claim no omni-powered-god, no religion owns the rights to god, and they do not own the rights to "how the universe works."

My point:

If you do not have choices, you don't have a choice.

jealousy and greed make hero's.
Can you tell me one hero not made by these things?

Maybe I should be using the word "help" in my claim, as in "help make a hero.".

Last edited by Arach Angle; 11-14-2016 at 03:43 AM..

Old 11-14-2016, 04:27 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,610,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
wasn't my original answer concise enough?

#230 and #235

Thanks, understand you now.

The god you worship and praise DID KNOW that the holocaust would happen exactly how it happened and exactly when it happened.

And it did not do anything to stop it

Quote:
God did not allow it to happen

Old 11-14-2016, 05:36 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,253,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Thanks, understand you now.

The god you worship and praise DID KNOW that the holocaust would happen exactly how it happened and exactly when it happened.

And it did not do anything to stop it

Seems there is an epidemic of really bad comprehension here in Amerikkka.

Just as the God I know did nothing to stop you from telling your first lie, bullying your first victim, or when you had those very first thoughts (urges) of having sex with your teammate all those years ago..

As they say, CRAP HAPPENS, and life goes on.

Old 11-14-2016, 05:52 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,371,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
I disagree

That is Illumination.

But! The point is, if darkness did not exist, light would have nothing to motivate it. They had a vision of a wotrld without darkness in A Memory of Light of the Wheel of Time series. It was creepy. The world was peaceful but people were basically completely without drive.

http://www.tor.com/2014/01/28/the-wh...light-part-46/

An ideal world would be one which still has everyday problems, but no centralized Evil. But this must come after the final challenge, the Armageddon.

Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 11-14-2016 at 06:04 AM..

Old 11-14-2016, 05:55 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,610,700 times
Quote:
Seems there is an epidemic of really bad comprehension here in Amerikkka.

Just as the God I know did nothing to stop you from telling your first lie, bullying your first victim, or when you had those very first thoughts (urges) of having sex with your teammate all those years ago..

As they say, CRAP HAPPENS, and life goes on.
You just can't bring yourself to admit the god you worshiped knew the holocaust would happen BEFORE creating a single thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Did your god know the holocaust would take place before creating the first thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality