Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 07:16 PM

285 posts, read 427,168 times

Advertisements

hard to explain but here goes...

after finding out secret information on my childhood religion coupled with bad experiences with the people of the religion, ive taken a step out of religion. i wish i could block out the information ive learned about jehovah witnesses and just be a JW. i dont believe in the trinity so there is no where for me to go but i still believe in christianity

conversely, spiritually speaking I feel hopeless and scared everyday. ive had a life of emotional and mental turmoil and God was the only hope for me. i feel like God doesn't love me, there is a heavy dark cloud over me and a constant fear of death and my afterlife on my mind constantly

i envy those who had a stable upbringing in the religion and remained faithful to the religion and now living happy lives.

Last edited by readytofly; 08-20-2015 at 08:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 07:19 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
I am hearing that you are just waiting for God to do---SOMETHING? Ain't going to happen.

We do for ourselves knowing that we can and if we are lucky we might hear God telling us WELL DONE...

Old 08-20-2015, 07:43 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readytofly View Post

after finding out secret information on my childhood religion coupled with bad experiences with the people of the religion, ive taken a step out of religion. i wish i could block out the information ive learned about jehovah witnesses

conversely, spiritually speaking I feel hopeless and scared everyday. ive had a life of emotional and mental turmoil and God was the only hope for me. i feel like God doesn't love me, there is a heavy dark cloud over me and a constant fear of death and my afterlife on my mind constantly

i envy those who had a stable upbringing in the religion and remained faithful to the religion and now living happy lives.
Spirits can be bent but are hard to break. You have survived a very difficult process -- withdrawing from a belief system which held you like heroin holds an addict.

Congratulations.

You are stronger and have more company than you know. You will find a path that brings you closer to truth and your spirit will mend. Hang in there.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:44 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
*If I sound intense, I just hate what the stupid mind/ego does to sweet
people like you.

God doesn't love you ...He adores every single thing about you...why?
You're His baby...and so am I, ugly, stupid or toothless ...what is blocking you from feeling it,
because it is always there to be felt ...is your silly
mind, thoughts, stupid beliefs that He does not love you....how could he NOT?
where did you get such a goofy idea?

It isn't even logical...create something then hate it? That's ridiculous....
I'm not even God, didn't create my dog...but I love her, tho she cost me $308
biting a another dog...You're taking things too seriously. Making things up.

There is nothing to fear in death or in life...trust your Father, period.
And I did not have a stable upbringing...I used my head and read people that
are clear on reality to inspire me towards right thinking.

Hope some of this helped. Take care.
Hang in there!

Old 08-20-2015, 07:56 PM

7,246 posts, read 7,081,130 times
Therapy. Accept that your religion wasn't a positive experience and did damage. Work with a therapist to undo that damage.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:57 PM

6 posts, read 5,621 times
every denomination has your good and your not so good. some are wolves dressed in sheep's clothing whatever your dilemma you can find comfort in GODs word. I studied with Jehovah witnesses for 2 years maybe less the positive about them is that they helped me to familiarize myself with the stories of the bible as for answering questions I had it was never a good enough answer for me. In the end I stopped studying with them although I did not stop there I searched because I knew that I needed him and I knew in my heart he exist I found a place where all there was old people I figured when I find another place I will leave this one. there were 34 people when I showed up with my two kids I now teach and am very content with my choice. Its all about your heart are you willing to die to your old self and follow him even when sometimes it does not seem fair, your missing out, what's wrong with doing that? or these people are hypocrites. We are living in a time where everything sounds good we must be able to decipher. whatever your situation it will eventually get resolved keep looking for a place to belong you will eventually find.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:37 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,704 times
Quote:

after finding out secret information on my childhood religion coupled with bad experiences with the people of the religion, ive taken a step out of religion. i wish i could block out the information ive learned about jehovah witnesses and just be a JW. i dont believe in the trinity so there is no where for me to go but i still believe in christianity

I walked away from my Christian beliefs when I was 13 years old. Maybe because I did it so early, I have never felt a moment of fear or hopelessness at having no religious beliefs. I am 67 now, and have enjoyed every moment of my life. And still no fear or hopelessness. Sentient consciousness is such a gift, it would be a shame to waste any of it being afraid or feeling hopeless. We all get a turn, and when it is time to get off, then it is time to get off. Until then, just enjoy the ride.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:35 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
i dont believe in the trinity so there is no where for me to go but i still believe in christianity
Start here: WHAT you believe about God is far less important than how you relate to God and the people around you. Don't see "Trinity?" No need to mention your doubts on such doctrines if you find some people who are welcoming and open with you. It's a perception that makes no difference in how God loves YOU in spite of what doctrinaire controllers will say.

Old 08-21-2015, 03:49 PM

285 posts, read 427,168 times
i feel so much sadness, worry and fear everyday. there is nothing i can do to alleviate it

Old 08-21-2015, 03:55 PM

20,007 posts, read 13,491,416 times
Quote:
i dont believe in the trinity so there is no where for me to go but i still believe in christianity
JWs are hardly the only Unitarians. Do a little research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality