Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2015, 05:38 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
So your claim is that an employee does not have to agree to obey his employer if he does not feel like it?

He was asked to stop and he refused. Because he refused to listen to his employer he was fired and you think that the employer has no right to fire him just because he refused to obey the company direction?

No my claim is if the employer is asking the employee to not be a Christian, he should not be punished for refusing. A business doesn't have the right to demand that people hide their faith unless it directly interferes with the work. At least give the guy a warning beyond laying down the maximum punishment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 05:42 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,068,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No my claim is if the employer is asking the employee to not be a Christian, he should not be punished for refusing. A business doesn't have the right to demand that people hide their faith unless it directly interferes with the work. At least give the guy a warning beyond laying down the maximum punishment.
I thought a warning was specifically given and the guy refused to heed it because he felt privileged enough to continue pushing his Heavenly Politics.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Yes, Jeff is the kid who gets mad because the big kids won't let him play, but keeps coming back.

He has been shown by just about every person who has been to this thread that he is wrong, yet he keeps coming back saying, "You haven't shown me any evidence he wasn't fired for being a Christian, or that he should have been fired!"

Where is your evidence he WAS fired for being a Christian? Because it look like to me, and everyone else but you it seems, that he was fired fore ignoring a direct order form his superior.
No, rather YOU and all your friends are the ones throwing hissy fits because I just won't cave and get with the program. As long as people like you find ways to justify episodes of restricting religious freedom, Christian persecution will bloom in America.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
I thought a warning was specifically given and the guy refused to heed it because he felt privileged enough to continue pushing his Heavenly Politics.
An unjustified warning was given, and it looks like the other lesbian initiated a religious discussion and then got offended. The warning would have never came if people who depised the gospel didn't complain in the first place.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:59 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
An unjustified warning was given, and it looks like the other lesbian initiated a religious discussion and then got offended. The warning would have never came if people who depised the gospel didn't complain in the first place.
So people should not complain to management if a coworker makes them feel uncomfortable. He was given a warning but he told his employer that he would do as he please.
It is very possible to begin a conversation and then get offended, you have done it yourself on this forum. And now you are accusing the women of despising the gospel with zero evidence to back you up. More ignoring the 9th commanment Your take of the Bible is not the only one no matter how much you think you have a monopoly on Christianity.

Old 10-19-2015, 06:19 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,523 times
Quote:
No, rather YOU and all your friends are the ones throwing hissy fits because I just won't cave and get with the program. As long as people like you find ways to justify episodes of restricting religious freedom, Christian persecution will bloom in America.
We aren't the ones ignoring evidence. I'm not justifying restricting religious freedom either. The fact is, and this is where it is painfully obvious you have never held a real job, you do not have very many freedoms while at work. If you are told to do something and you don't, like this guy, you will be fired. Christian or not. Your continued ignorance on the subject proves you are either very young, like teenager young, you have never worked a real job in your life, or you are being purposefully obtuse.

I'm not throwing a hissy fit, I am trying to talk sense into a person who has no sense. Definition of insanity....

Old 10-19-2015, 08:48 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
Then why don't "you people" respond to my post #774 where a man was fired for telling an employee of another company--not even his own company--that she shouldn't work for the homophobic Chick-fil-a?

That scenario makes it quite clear that christianity or lack thereof had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FIRING. In both cases it was a loudmouth jerk---in the case of your so-called christian he was given a warning by his company. In the example and link I gave, the guy got no warning at all. He was simply fired.

It's like the misrepresentation christians make of being "persecuted" by the Romans. They weren't persecuted for being christian--the Roman Empire welcomed all sorts of religions into its fold with appropriate statures and temples of every kind. Instead, they were dealt punishment for not following Roman Law:

Quote:
From about 12 BC. Augustus showed less fear of the worship and took steps to initiate the cult of the ruler and Rome in the western provinces. Augustus himself took steps even in Rome to include the element of religious devotion within loyalty to his rule. For instance, when he reorganized the urban districts and the cult of the lares compitales he required a sacrifice to the genius of the emperor as part of the ceremonies. This associated him with the domestic divinities. On Augustus' death in A.D. 14 he was transferred among the celestial gods by apotheosis. By official act the senate included the new god in the list of Roman divinities and decreed that he receive in Rome (as he had elsewhere) a temple and priests. All of the first.century emperors equally favored the cult of the dead emperor. Tiberius, Claudius, and Vespasian did not encourage the marks of adoration, but Caligula, Nero, and Domitian permitted or even provoked them.
http://www.theologywebsite.com/history/rulercult.shtml

You shouldn't have a problem understanding this link as it comes from Liberty University!!

Christians wouldn't follow the rules and wouldn't worship Caesar as well as Jesus. They weren't being killed for believing in Jesus--they were being killed for not bringing offerings to Caesar. The persecution idea was an early christian invention to establish legitimacy for their "moral correctness." How can you be wrong if you are being persecuted.

You are doing the same thing about this christian fired for being a jerk. You claim he can't be wrong because he is a christian. But he wasn't fired for being a christian, he was fired for being a fundamentalist jerk that wouldn't obey the rules.

Where are those lions when they are really needed?

Old 10-19-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
We aren't the ones ignoring evidence. I'm not justifying restricting religious freedom either. The fact is, and this is where it is painfully obvious you have never held a real job, you do not have very many freedoms while at work. If you are told to do something and you don't, like this guy, you will be fired. Christian or not. Your continued ignorance on the subject proves you are either very young, like teenager young, you have never worked a real job in your life, or you are being purposefully obtuse.

I'm not throwing a hissy fit, I am trying to talk sense into a person who has no sense. Definition of insanity....
A mature person knows when to agree to disagree. You are not going to change my mind so you could just simply walk away. Why do I always have to be the one to throw in the towel here? No, instead you decide to make it about me personally yet again, this lame tactic by saying I'm insane and never had a real job.

But you know what I do hear all the time at my "imaginary" jobs? People cussing and using the GD word. I find that offensive and makes me uncomfortable. So should I be able to complain and get them fired?

Old 10-19-2015, 09:08 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
Quote:
A mature person knows when to agree to disagree. You are not going to change my mind so you could just simply walk away. Why do I always have to be the one to throw in the towel here? No, instead you decide to make it about me personally yet again, this lame tactic by saying I'm insane and never had a real job.

But you know what I do hear all the time at my "imaginary" jobs? People cussing and using the GD word. I find that offensive and makes me uncomfortable. So should I be able to complain and get them fired?
Yes, if it reaches a level determined by your employer.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:11 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
No, instead you decide to make it about me personally yet again, this lame tactic by saying I'm insane and never had a real job.
Ask your boss if you can ignore his instructions and do whatever you want. Second request. Just ask him, or her, and tell us the response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality