Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 05:14 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
This is what occurs when someone is more interested in SAYING something than in LEARNING something.
A major hallmark of immaturity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 05:47 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Geez Im gone for over a week and come back to find Jeff is still repeating the same old rebutted BS , and making the same nonsensical replies as if no one has responded with relevant facts to his posts.

If ever a thread exposed a poster paying no attention to what is said in response to his posts, and making no effort to process and understand the information given to him for consideration, this one has done that for Jeff. In all my years of participating in these type forums I have only met about 2 people (not so oddly, both fundamentalist Christians as well ) as capable of ignoring all facts presented that show his claims to be baseless and wrong.
What facts?

A week later, and posters like you continue to ignore my valid points. Instead you resort to "he disobeyed the boss, he should get fired!!!! That's the only fact you got. I tend to dig a little deeper for the truth.

When you come at me with disrespect like calling my posts BS, why should I even listen to you? Guess what, I won't.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:49 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
This is what occurs when someone is more interested in SAYING something than in LEARNING something.
This is you everytime you pull out the pharisee card.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:06 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
What facts?

A week later, and posters like you continue to ignore my valid points. Instead you resort to "he disobeyed the boss, he should get fired!!!! That's the only fact you got. I tend to dig a little deeper for the truth.

When you come at me with disrespect like calling my posts BS, why should I even listen to you? Guess what, I won't.
What valid points do you think you have made?

Im all ears. Lets seriously discuss them WITH you being willing to respond to my posts in return instead of complaining that you are being bullied and overwhelmed when you don't want to answer.

So again, WHAT valid points?

Old 10-20-2015, 07:37 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,535,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
At a certain point in some discussions one must realize you can't talk sense to the senseless.
um, that point was about 89 pages ago.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:42 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
um, that point was about 89 pages ago.
Lol. Probably true.

We tend to extend extra patience to jeff. At least I do. I have a hunch he's 27, going on 15.

There may still be hope for one such as him.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:57 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
What facts?

You supplied all the facts on your first post and everything else you posted was your personal opinion of how things should be. Another of your false claims. We have read your points and pointed out why they are not valid and your defense is that we are anti Christian.

Your ignoring that the reason he was fired is for harrassment and insubordination even though that is in the article you posted is the only reason this thread stays aoive. Of corse you will not listen to us as you require a Christians are persecuted theme for every situation.

Old 10-20-2015, 10:48 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
This is you everytime you pull out the pharisee card.
And every time I pull out that pharisee card---it has your name in bold capital letters on it as owner and on these threads sole provider of all things pharisaical. Pharisees are marked by their inability to learn. Their inability to understand scripture or even study it in an educated and scholarly manner. I'm willing to bet I could start a thread on "name posters who are Pharisees" and no two ways about it--you would win hands down.

On the other hand, I don't play nice either. If I see a plank in your eye, I'm going to twist it around until you get the idea that maybe you should take it out. So far you haven't even made the attempt. If it were but a splinter, no problem, it could be ignored--but yours is a damn redwood tree.

So here I am twisting it once again:

Proof was provided -- absolute, incontroversial proof---was provided in post #774. Real christians who publicly oppose the sick fundamentalist cult view--are every bit as likely as to be fired as so called christians---in both cases the two people ran their mouths when they shouldn't have. In the case you love to cling to--your guy was given a warning he ignored.

My guy was fired and he didn't even open his mouth in the workplace--it was at the worksite of a homophobic Chick-fil-a. But my guy got fired for simply suggesting the female employee could do better than work at a homophobic company. It wound up on facebook--and he lost his job.

How is that "different" than your guy? He was stating the religious beliefs of many of us (and the personal beliefs of many others) who have escaped the fundamentalist quagmire.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 10-20-2015 at 11:06 PM..

Old 10-20-2015, 11:43 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times
Quote:
No, rather YOU and all your friends are the ones throwing hissy fits because I just won't cave and get with the program. As long as people like you find ways to justify episodes of restricting religious freedom, Christian persecution will bloom in America.
I've been told I'm pretty friendly with strangers, and I think the same of them. We are trying to help stop the biased groupie behavior on the part of those who are unwilling to listen to their bosses (and the supporters of such factionist wanton rebellion). Atheists that simply came out as atheist got randomly fired by their Christian bosses in much higher levels than the reverse. Consider the statistic of how many of the people (including the waves of the uneducated) are unwilling to vote for a President if he merely declares himself atheist or with leanings to the humble idea.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:00 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Troll harder, Jeff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality