Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 03:02 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,632,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Yet, the clock does not stop. The time keeps clicking, tick tick tick .....deny it as much as you can, and try running away from it as far as you can.

You can't beat it, you can't overcome it, you can't stop it, you can't run away from it.

God is time.

Perhaps you will understand this when the bell rings, and the last curtain falls on your eyes. but that will be too late to surrender.
what is time? what are 'you"

Both are really illusions. meaning they are not what we think they are. So conclusions based on these illusions may not be properly explaining the real event. on either side of the belief wall really. i will leave out religious atheist arguing with religious theist. That another issue.

The only observation we have is people die and don't come back. That's all w really have. We do have some uncanny events that take place after a person dies but my bet is thats more like buying a car and seeing them everywhere, they were always there.

The question is did they ever really "come into being" or are they just excitations of an underling set of events?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 04:24 AM

997 posts, read 941,001 times
She does everything all at once. I call her by her name.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:17 AM

18,524 posts, read 9,204,671 times
Quote:
Yet, the clock does not stop. The time keeps clicking, tick tick tick .....deny it as much as you can, and try running away from it as far as you can.

You can't beat it, you can't overcome it, you can't stop it, you can't run away from it.

God is time.

Perhaps you will understand this when the bell rings, and the last curtain falls on your eyes. but that will be too late to surrender.
Another threat-based demand for belief.

Islam and Christianity are kissing cousins.

Old 09-27-2016, 02:52 PM

249 posts, read 189,428 times
Quote:
God is time.

If god is time then it's time for god to show his cowardly self and prove he exists.
Until that happens I will continue to speculate this so-called god is nothing more than a fairy tale.

Old 09-27-2016, 06:10 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,105,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindance maggie View Post
If god is time then it's time for god to show his cowardly self and prove he exists.
Until that happens I will continue to speculate this so-called god is nothing more than a fairy tale.
Time is already in front of you. It's all around you. You are locked in t. There is no need to be shown it to you if you can't comprehend it.

You can deny the existence of time as much as you like but it won't make time cease to exist.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:07 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,948,500 times
God: The figment of imagination that has its roots in the superstitious imaginations of bronzed aged goat herders, and for some reason, we still have a billion or so people believing in good old time fears.

Imagine that.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:29 PM

19,744 posts, read 10,180,303 times
God....a crutch for the weak.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:29 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,389,906 times
Quote:
You can deny the existence of time as much as you like but it won't make time cease to exist.
No one is denying that. You are attacking strawmen in order to dodge addressing the things people have actually written and said.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:44 AM

8,360 posts, read 273,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
The word God carries a lot of baggage for many people and is used frequently on this forum.

I have no interest in having a scholarly discussion on this topic but would like to know how the various members of this forum define the word "God".

I will start I use that word as a metaphor for the universe.
Good enough metaphor IMO.

My own is this
G O D.
Generator Operator Destroyer.
This covers everything.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:21 AM

22,627 posts, read 19,339,311 times
Good
Orderly
Direction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality