Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2015, 03:02 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Whatever floats your boat.

There is no god who created heavens and earth...therefore there is no god that "coded" our DNA.
I require proof for the above statements. Thank you.

Quote:
You really should consider going back to college so that you can make sense of all the science that you don't understand.
Great now get to cracking as you like to say.
And you should re-learn your stuff. You told me that DNA only has to do with protein yet science has proven that only about 5% of DNA in humans is coded to work with proteins.Sorry but your links create more questions than answers. Your last link does not absolutly PROVE DNA was formed by some primordial soup, let alone a complete single cell.

Your problem is you have a very very complex single cell with coding in that cell to make everything work properly. Who coded it? It couldn't code itself. Nature couldn't accidently code it. Now you can say I know nothing about evolution or the cell or DNA but such stupid statements on your part does not in any way absolve you from the problem I posit.

Quote:
LOL anyone who truly understands DNA would have obliviously known that when I said that DNA only codes for proteins...that I was I was strictly speaking about the coding regions of DNA. And no it's not 5% that directly codes for proteins its more like 1.5%.
Sure, uhuh. Everyone but you.

Quote:
Ok Euse it's time for you to get real. This comment from your link was directed at folks like you.
Just answer the question: Who coded the first single cell? Not what? since a "what" can't code something so complex. It is "Who" with a capital 'W'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 03:29 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I require proof for the above statements. Thank you.
You are the one making the assertion so it's up to you to prove it.
Quote:
And you should re-learn your stuff. You told me that DNA only has to do with protein yet science has proven that only about 5% of DNA in humans is coded to work with proteins.
I don't need to relearn anything. It's only your poor interpretation of what I post that is really the issue here.

Next it's not proven that only 5% of DNA codes for proteins. It's actually estimated that about only 1-2% of our DNA codes for protein.
Quote:
Sorry but your links create more questions than answers. Your last link does not absolutly PROVE DNA was formed by some primordial soup, let alone a complete single cell.
It was not posted to be a proof. It was posted so that you can learn that this is much more plausable of an explanation than your "poof god did it" claims.
Quote:
Your problem is you have a very very complex single cell with coding in that cell to make everything work properly. Who coded it?
Your problem is that you are uneducated in science and lack the sophistication to learn it on your own.
Quote:
Sure, uhuh. Everyone but you.
No only you, a person who has no clue about DNA or what it's functions are.

I suggest you go back and re-read post #649 to refresh your memory. Here is a snip it from that post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Each individual base pair of the entire genome is not a code. You need to first understand what the coding regions of our DNA are (now this should really freak you out), these regions only consist of about 2% of our entire genome!! Also the code is in a sequence of 3 base pairs forming a codon.

You have so much to learn.
Get to cracking on learning about all the science that you don't understand. codon | Learn Science at Scitable
Quote:
Just answer the question: Who coded the first single cell? Not what? since a "what" can't code something so complex. It is "Who" with a capital 'W'.
I have answered it many times. No one coded the first cell...Natural Selection is not a person. With a capital "N"

Let's see the next batch of those stupid non-credible links that you love to post.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:42 PM

11,023 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Did Job really exist? | The New Theological Movement

Search For Bible Truths: What Could Have Swallowed Jonah and How Could Jonah Have Survived?

If Job and Jonah are not true stories,
then the New Testament witnesses are found
to be liars. Since they told the truth, then the writings
concerning Job and Jonah are true.

Now then, getting back to that pesky little question which thoroughly overthrows a Godless evolution: Since some chemicals cannot possibly create all the many parts of the single cell and code the DNA for it to perform all the tasks it must perform, Who coded the DNA? It didn't code itself. God did it.
God cannot possibly have created DNA and coded it. God cannot possibly have created the earth and God cannot possibly have created man. There. I've just proved it to you!

Old 11-16-2015, 03:56 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
You folks are arguing with a man who thinks another man lived inside a giant fish for three days.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:14 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:

Actually that is a false statement by you. Here's why: Some DNA does not encode protein :: DNA from the BeginningFrom the article they state: " It is estimated that only about five percent of human DNA encodes protein."
That's a low estimate (https://www.dnalc.org/resources/3d/0...r-protein.html). The rest of it pretty much just sits there. It doesn't code for anything.

There is a lot of speculation about what that "junk" DNA does. Some of it is a signal to the messenger RNA to not copy a particular sequence (in other words, it's an off switch.) Some of it is probably there to control the shape of the chromosome. (Shape is very important to protein function - The Shape and Structure of Proteins - Molecular Biology of the Cell - NCBI Bookshelf) But one thing is known - it doesn't encode proteins.

I've long suspected that with a little tweaking, humans could make still chlorophyll - after all, chlorophyll is little different from hemoglobin, and leguminous plants do make hemoglobin. Getting back the ability to do photosynthesis would be a much bigger hurdle, but could be really handy should we ever really get to deep space.

Old 11-16-2015, 06:36 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
Perhaps most definitively, Christian apologist Anthony Horvath corresponded with Antony Flew before it was publicly known there would even be a book. In 2010, he published his letters. The letters contain Flew's description of the outline of the book, his deism in the pattern of Einstein's, and his high praise of NT Wright's arguments for Christianity. All of these elements are present in the book.[45]
Flew died in 2010.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antony_Flew
But you do understand that deism in know way accepts a "personal" God, and that it is in no way opposed to the scientific reasons for evolution. Einstein believed in God almost in a buddhist fashion of "nirvana," which to him was all creation.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:12 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
God cannot possibly have created DNA and coded it. God cannot possibly have created the earth and God cannot possibly have created man. There. I've just proved it to you!
LOL that sums it up nicely.

Attached Thumbnails
The complexity of DNA and the problem of mutations.-prove-.jpg  

Last edited by Matadora; 11-16-2015 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: Re-size Image

Old 11-16-2015, 09:16 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Unfortunately, they never recognize themselves.

Their blindness is complete.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:13 PM

11,023 posts, read 5,989,338 times
A picture is worth a thousand words!

Old 11-17-2015, 06:55 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leukoc...ion_deficiency

Eusebius, are you aware that RNA was created in the lab many years ago by passing 'bottled lightning' through a mix of gasses that closely resembled earth's early (pre-life) atmosphere?

You see, there never was a sudden appearance of a fully (complex) coded single cell. No scientist has ever made such a claim. Further more, if you read the link you will discover that no one is stating that this disproves God or creation or even mentions creation or God.
Evolutionary scientists make the unproven claim, like all their other evolutionary claims, that all life on earth began with the single cell.

And your post just proves my point that it took an incredibly Intelligent Designer to create the cell. You see, it took intelligent humans, working in a lab with all their gizmos, to create some RNA, a protein. Now then, let's just see if they can duplicate what the Grand Designer of the universe did in creating just the single cell, a cell so complex, so beautifully created with a Divine purpose, using nano-technology beyond even our wildest dreams. A cell that was coded with reams and reams of data to program the cell to carry on all of its varied tasks. Here is a video of the inner workings of the human cell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKW4F0Nu-UY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality