Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2015, 09:43 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Yes, many species teach their off springs some skills; however, none can learn the use of pen on its own and pass it on to it's off springs - It's ONLY and ONLY humans. And that's because God has ingrained and gifted this skill to humans only on earth.

Out of gazillion of species over 100 and millions of years NONE could learn the use of pen except humans - the "theory" of Human evolution is unable to explain this - And I don't have an issue with anyone who has a * FAITH * in human evolution.
This is a mind that has been wrecked by religion. Everything that you have posted demonstrates this loud and clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 09:50 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,092,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
So you don't believe anything you cannot see except for religion? Ever see love, plate tectonics, a child grow, the Laurentide ice sheet, gravity, heat? You might want to find out what science is and what is evidence but you are probably happier staying ignorant and keep repeating the same senseless comments.

If I wish to learn about a religion I would read books and articles, talk to people of yhat religion and ask questions.

What I don't do is to try to tell religious people what their religion states without knowing much about it. I do disagree with them when they try to use their religious beliefs against other people. I also do not worry about there being no god same as I doubt you worry about there being no Odin or Bigfoot. And religious people can and do accept the theory of evolution. Not sure why so many of those who oppose evolution seem to miss the whole thing about evolution and religion are not mutually exclusive.

Not all science involves experiments. I have a degree in science and both my major and minor involve more observation and deduction , physical geography and geology. Go tell the oil companies they are wasting their money hiring petroleum geologist because they never saw petroleum being created and it is not a experiment based science.

You certainly do not make your faith look stronger when you keep repeating the same wrong headed arguments against evolution. I have suggested to others before you that if you wish to argue against evolution you should learn enough so you don't sound clueless by misrepresenting evolution each time you make a post. And there is nothing to fear from evolution, no one says you have to belief it, just that you should not lie about it in an attempt to disprove the theory.
Again, I do not feel the need to learn about human evolution that tells me that man came from monkey. It's because I believe that my belief in faith is a FAR SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE then the knowledge of theory of evolution. Just as you believe that your knowledge in the belief of human evolution is superior than the knowledge of believing in the existence in God.

I understand that you do not believe what I do, and vice-a-versa - and I am OK with it.

You are also wrong about me dismissing the evolution altogether - I have posted my thoughts in post # 232 where I stated that personally I am confident that creationist and evolunist can coexist in harmony and without going after each other. However, the idea seems hard to digest by the OP.

Please take a moment to read

//www.city-data.com/forum/41903101-post232.html

Quote:
Not exctly.

Scientific knowledge is an extremely powerful tool that should be explored more and more to benefit humanity; however, faith and science CAN get along if we want to live in harmony with each other.

We really don't HAVE to prove each other right or wrong in this particular debate. Perhaps Evolutionism can coexist with creationism?.

And here is how Abdul Raheem Green stated it, and I don't have much against it

On a side note,
If you believe in the existence of "love" without seeing it then don't you think there is a possibility of existence of God without us being able to see him?

Old 11-17-2015, 09:54 PM

11,030 posts, read 5,993,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
[

Nothing in evolution precludes evolution of another species with the same skills as modern humans.

Chimps do teach skills to their offspring:

http://www.eva.mpg.de/primat/staff/b...ach_chimps.pdf

Then there is this:

She Reveals Her Baby Died, Now Watch What The Chimp Does. I'm In TEARS!
Quote:
Yes, many species teach their off springs some skills; however, none can learn the use of pen on its own and pass it on to it's off springs - It's ONLY and ONLY humans. And that's because God has ingrained and gifted this skill to humans only on earth.

Out of gazillion of species over 100 and millions of years NONE could learn the use of pen except humans - the "theory" of Human evolution is unable to explain this - And I don't have an issue with anyone who has a * FAITH * in human evolution.

But when you talk about "observable scientific evidence" to prove or disapprove human evolution - then it becomes an altogether different ball game.
I find it interesting that your response lacks compassion. Did you not notice the bit about losing babies? Did you not read the link? That chimp taught her adopted child sign language! That's like using a pen. Humans cannot self teach to use a pen. We have to be taught. Show me one person, just one, that did not learn to use a pen i.e. learned to read and write in a school of some form.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
This is a mind that has been wrecked by religion. Everything that you have posted demonstrates this loud and clear.
Again, resorting to subtle personal insults isn't really a smart thing to display when you are trying to have, perhaps not very intelligent and scholarly, but atleast a civilized conversation.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I find it interesting that your response lacks compassion. Did you not notice the bit about losing babies? Did you not read the link? That chimp taught her adopted child sign language! That's like using a pen. Humans cannot self teach to use a pen. We have to be taught. Show me one person, just one, that did not learn to use a pen i.e. learned to read and write in a school of some form.
If you believe sign Language is the same as the scholarly skill of using a pen, then I gladly concede.
You win the argument. We don't have to talk about it anymore

Old 11-17-2015, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Again, resorting to subtle personal insults isn't really a smart thing to display when are you are trying to have, perhaps not very intelligent and scholarly, but atleast a civilized conversation.
Interesting how you take the truth of the matter as an insult. It was not an insult. It's been a constant and clear observation.

It is very clear that your religious beliefs have seriously wrecked your mind. You don't even make sense when arguing your reasons against Evolution.

For example:
Quote:
Again, I do not feel the need to learn about human evolution that tells me that man came from monkey.
Evolution has NEVER claimed that we came from a monkey. This is a perfect example of a wrecked mind. Here you are arguing about something that is not and has never been an Evolutionary claim.

How did you succumb to this type of thinking?

Just curious which type of religious sect you follow?

Old 11-17-2015, 10:06 PM

11,030 posts, read 5,993,059 times
I have a suspicion that the reason why creationists are so hell bent on denying evolution is because they want to hide or deny the fact that their ancestors were black and from Africa. We all descend from black Africans! All modern humans came out of Africa and were black. Africa is our Garden of Eden and Eve was a black woman (there was no individual Adam - even an individual Eve is debatable).

We are also closely related to chimps, having a common ancestor and sharing 93% of their DNA (not 98% as had been thought).

Old 11-17-2015, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Interesting how you take the truth of the matter as an insult. It was not an insult. It's been a constant and clear observation.

It is very clear that your religious beliefs have seriously wrecked your mind. You don't even make sense when arguing your reasons against Evolution.

For example:

Evolution has NEVER claimed that we came from a monkey. This is a perfect example of a wrecked mind. Here you are arguing about something that is not and has never been an Evolutionary claim.

How did you succumb to this type of thinking?

Just curious which type of religious sect are you following?
For the first part - I can pretty easily make comments on your mental state as well but I refrain from doing so since it's not civilized and perhaps also against the terms of forum use.

For the second part - "monkey" is only a metaphor - you can replace it with chimp, ape or Sahelanthropus tchadensis, or whatever, if that pleases you.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:20 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
Again, I do not feel the need to learn about human evolution that tells me that man came from monkey. It's because I believe that my belief in faith is a FAR SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE then the knowledge of theory of evolution. Just as you believe that your knowledge in the belief of human evolution is superior than the knowledge of believing in the existence in God.

I understand that you do not believe what I do, and vice-a-versa - and I am OK with it.

You are also wrong about me dismissing the evolution altogether - I have posted my thoughts in post # 232 where I stated that personally I am confident that creationist and evolunist can coexist in harmony and without going after each other. However, the idea seems hard to digest by the OP.

Please take a moment to read

//www.city-data.com/forum/41903101-post232.html

On a side note,
If you believe in the existence of "love" without seeing it then don't you think there is a possibility of existence of God without us being able to see him?

Yes I believe there is a possibility for there being a god. I have never said otherwise. An atheist is a person who does not believe in any gods. Only some atheist belive that there can be no gods. I would hazard a guess that you do not believe in any gods but your own. If for any reason I did come to believe in a god it would not affect my trust in science and in evolution. What would change my view on evolution would be scientific proof of it not being true. Millions 9f religious people also accept evolution as the most plausible way that life got to be the way it is today.

You are wrong in thinking that I believe my knowledge of science is superior to your knowledge of hod. I do not think that wsy. I do think that my knowledge of evolution is far superior to your knowledge of evolution but at least you admit to not knowing much about the subject you mock. I strongly feel that creationist view is wrong and very poor in the form of any support other than genesis and I got this not from reading Web dies that support my views but from reading books and articles by creationist and finding fault in their logic and their misrepresention of the evidence. When I wish to attack the I will do so by using their errors against them not by making up something they never said and attacking thst. Much like this monkey to man notion which is not part of evolution.

But seeing as you neither know much about evolution and stated you have no desire to learn anything about it I will no longer take your posts as serious. Learning is not a threat and learning about something does not mean you have to like it or even agree with it.

The gist of my ramblings is yes a god could exist but no that does not affect evolution nor what science and evidence sre.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
For the first part - I can pretty easily make comments on your mental state as well but I refrain from doing so since it's not civilized and perhaps also against the terms of forum use.

For the second part - "monkey" is only a metaphor - you can replace it with chimp, ape or Sahelanthropus tchadensis, or whatever, if that pleases you.

There is nothing uncivilized about pointing out that your mind has been greatly negatively affected by your indoctrination. To the point that you don't recognize that you are making invalid statements about where humans evolved from.

Again, we did not evolve from a monkey. We evolved from a common ancestor of chimps and of humans.

This common ancestor was not 100% chimp or human.

You can read all about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimpa...ommon_ancestor

Again which religious sect are you following? Just curiosity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality