Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 02:25 PM

8,005 posts, read 7,211,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Well, according to the Bible, Adam was alive when he took his first breath. Can't have a soul unless you are alive.
Adam wasn't born.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 02:45 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,308,287 times
MILLIONS of fertilized eggs self abort every year and the woman never knew she was "pregnant".

Millions more eggs are flushed or thrown in the trash without ever being fertilized.
Many Quadrillions of sperm die every day for one reason or another.

Too bad so many skipped Biology in HS.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:13 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
MILLIONS of fertilized eggs self abort every year and the woman never knew she was "pregnant".

Millions more eggs are flushed or thrown in the trash without ever being fertilized.
Many Quadrillions of sperm die every day for one reason or another.

Too bad so many skipped Biology in HS.
A lot of people die every day, too. But it's still immoral and illegal to go about killing people.

Old 11-14-2015, 05:23 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
A lot of people die every day, too. But it's still immoral and illegal to go about killing people.
Embryos and fetuses are not people.

Old 11-14-2015, 06:17 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I'm pretty sure it's not considered a "pregnancy" when the fertilized egg doesn't implant. What it tells me is that a fertilized egg isn't a human, and discarding fertilized eggs in a lab harms nothing, as it replicates nature.

Think about this. If you believe that a fertilized egg is a human and has a soul, then when you get to heaven, by far, the majority of souls in heaven will be just fertilized eggs than never had a physical life on earth. So most souls just get a "pass" and go straight to heaven... no pain and agony of a human existence.
Pro-lifers claim life begins when the sperm and egg unite. This is why they object to the "morning after" pill which prevents a fertilized egg from implanting.

If the morning after pill is murder, then so is IVF, unless great pains are taken to see that all fertilized eggs are injected into a fertile uterus.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:34 PM

8,005 posts, read 7,211,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Pro-lifers claim life begins when the sperm and egg unite. This is why they object to the "morning after" pill which prevents a fertilized egg from implanting.

If the morning after pill is murder, then so is IVF, unless great pains are taken to see that all fertilized eggs are injected into a fertile uterus.
Thank you. This was the point of the original post; pro-lifers who accept IVF as OK while opposing abortion.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:40 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Embryos and fetuses are not people.
A lot of people would disagree with you. I am one that does believe they are people. For that reason we decided beforehand we would not do in vitro. You disagree with me? Ok. It is possible to have a disagreement regarding this.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:14 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
A lot of people would disagree with you. I am one that does believe they are people. For that reason we decided beforehand we would not do in vitro. You disagree with me? Ok. It is possible to have a disagreement regarding this.
I respect the decision you and your wife made given your pro-life views. I did notice that you said it was a decision each couple would have to make. I agree, it is. That is the pro-choice POV in a nutshell. You are pro-choice when it comes to IVF.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:16 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Whenever the subject of IVF comes up, the pro-life crowd never has much to say, do they?
Nope, and I have pointed out that hypocrisy several times on C-D and it is always met with silence.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:43 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
You want to believe embryos and fetuses are people?

That's fine with me............... until you try to force others to live by your beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality