Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 08:04 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,224,257 times

Advertisements

I began thinking about this when Christian friends who are strongly anti-abortion resorted to in vitro when they weren't able to conceive naturally. They bore a healthy set of twins. I have since discovered that something like 93% of the fertilized embryos created in the IVF lab are never used and that a number approaching 2 million have been thrown away. If life begins at conception, this is Holocaust-scale murder.

Is it common in the Christian community to use science to conceive when God has denied it and to then turn a blind eye to the death of one's own embryos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 08:52 AM

16 posts, read 15,514 times
If you believe that life begins at conception, why would one method of murder be "worse" than the other?

Old 11-06-2015, 08:52 AM

689 posts, read 494,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
I began thinking about this when Christian friends who are strongly anti-abortion resorted to in vitro when they weren't able to conceive naturally. They bore a healthy set of twins. I have since discovered that something like 93% of the fertilized embryos created in the IVF lab are never used and that a number approaching 2 million have been thrown away. If life begins at conception, this is Holocaust-scale murder.

Is it common in the Christian community to use science to conceive when God has denied it and to then turn a blind eye to the death of one's own embryos?
Daft isn't it?

Old 11-06-2015, 08:53 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post

My wife and I had issues conceiving our first child. We had determined that we would not go the IVF route for that reason. You ask "is it common"? For some, perhaps. The Bible really doesn't address the topic of IVF directly--it's a judgment the couple must make. We decided we would not do it, because of that issue. In any event, we managed to get the job done the old fashioned way and didn't have to go down that route.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:55 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
I think it's very "common" for Christians to use science for what they can understand, no matter what the consequences result in.....Their religion is for what they can't/refuse to understand.
How many Christians go off to fight in other countries wars?
I find that a lot of "Christians" most certainly do NOT follow the commandments......and (strange as it may seem) a LOT of non believers do.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:49 AM

19,041 posts, read 27,607,234 times
I'll quote Joel.
Once there was a Christian elderly lady that had a zealot atheist harassing her on her faith.
One early morning, he placed a box with food on her porch and waited for her to come out.
She opens the door, sees the food, and says "Thank you, Lord".
Man jumps out of his hiding place and yells "I, I gave you the food! Not your god!".
Without hesitation, lady says "Thank you, God, for the food, and making the devil pay for it".

Dear Christians. You forgetting one thing. According to Christian dogma, EVERYTHING is from god. Science included. Per that postulate, using "science" for a good reason is as godly, as going the natural way. Right? Or we will try to argue that religion is from god and science is from devil? But you do understand, that devil is from god too? Just for purpose not everyone fathoms?

Old 11-06-2015, 09:56 AM

19,041 posts, read 27,607,234 times
I'll toss in another parable.
After a shipwreck, man is grasping to his life in water. He prays to God - please, save me, Lord.
Here's yacht passing him, offering help. He refuses, saying - God will save me.
He keeps praying.
Here's a boat passing him, offering help.
He refuses, saying - God will save me.
Here's a ship passing him, ready to save him.
He still refuses, saying - God will save me.
He runs out of strength, in desperation, he laments - God, you failed me! I was devoted to you all my life, and now you failed to save me!
Suddenly, there's voice coming: Well, I sent you three ships to save you. What else do you need?

Once again, God works in mysterious ways. Once again, if it for JUST cause, everything offered to you as help is from god. Remember this, when life brings its offerings. Don't drown.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:41 PM

8,005 posts, read 7,224,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
My wife and I had issues conceiving our first child. We had determined that we would not go the IVF route for that reason. You ask "is it common"? For some, perhaps. The Bible really doesn't address the topic of IVF directly--it's a judgment the couple must make. We decided we would not do it, because of that issue. In any event, we managed to get the job done the old fashioned way and didn't have to go down that route.
I hoped to see a response like this. Thank you. Congrats on your success.

Old 11-06-2015, 04:22 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Is In Vitro Fertilization Worse Than Abortion?

Yes.

When you make the decision to go the IVF route, you are deliberately creating "babies" that you know will never see the light of day.

No one gets pregnant on purpose just so they can abort.

Old 11-06-2015, 04:24 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Isn't it nice that you could make that judgment on your own without government interference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality