Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 07:38 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Are you giving gifts? Is your Yule celebration in the bible?

Not Christian & yes we give gifts. Pagan here giving gifts is a part of Yule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 07:40 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
We celebrate in January with the first BBQ of the year. Usually it is cold and snowy.

The first year the neighbors called the fire department because the grill was in high flame on our tiny front porch.

The Fire and Police came roaring down the road. Some of them stayed for a burger, and all of them returned when they got off duty.

Old 12-20-2015, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Not Christian & yes we give gifts. Pagan here giving gifts is a part of Yule.
I love Yule, then.

Old 12-20-2015, 07:53 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Well Every year, w get someone who says "Oh Oh Christmas is not in The Bible so we cannot celebrate it WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!"

Well, let me reiterate a few thigns.

1 We live in America, still a free country. The Only authority is the Constitution. We are All (Well those of us on the forum who live hereat least ) Americans, and have the freedom to celebrate whatever we want, so long as we are not committing crimes agasint our fellow humans or their property. We are Americans first, we may also be Christians, mulinms atheists, Jews, Hindus but we are Americans First!

2 The Bible is just a book of mythology. It has no authority, no clout, no guidance and no influence unless we give it such. (and around here "we" do not.). So the Bible does not say to celebrate Christmas? Well guess what, neither does the Koran. Or the Audubon Guide to Birds. So the Bible does not say it? Big Deal.

Don't want to celebrate Christmas? then Don't. I'll mail you a box of Kleenex so you can cry us a river while we are at Midnight Mass next Thursday, enjoying what remains the most beautiful service of the year !
Just remember, you do not get to choose for others, only for yourself. God Bless America. Still a great nation and still free. (At least until Bernie Sanders takes control)

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!

Old 12-20-2015, 08:17 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Well Every year, w get someone who says "Oh Oh Christmas is not in The Bible so we cannot celebrate it WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!"

Well, let me reiterate a few thigns.

1 We live in America, still a free country. The Only authority is the Constitution. We are All (Well those of us on the forum who live hereat least ) Americans, and have the freedom to celebrate whatever we want, so long as we are not committing crimes agasint our fellow humans or their property. We are Americans first, we may also be Christians, mulinms atheists, Jews, Hindus but we are Americans First!

2 The Bible is just a book of mythology. It has no authority, no clout, no guidance and no influence unless we give it such. (and around here "we" do not.). So the Bible does not say to celebrate Christmas? Well guess what, neither does the Koran. Or the Audubon Guide to Birds. So the Bible does not say it? Big Deal.

Don't want to celebrate Christmas? then Don't. I'll mail you a box of Kleenex so you can cry us a river while we are at Midnight Mass next Thursday, enjoying what remains the most beautiful service of the year !
Just remember, you do not get to choose for others, only for yourself. God Bless America. Still a great nation and still free. (At least until Bernie Sanders takes control)

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!

Is this supposed to bother me? I don't care if you say Merry CHRISTMAS or you don't. This is a DEBATE forum.

Old 12-20-2015, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Is this supposed to bother me? I don't care if you say Merry CHRISTMAS or you don't. This is a DEBATE forum.
Perhaps this was moved. Because, it is now in the Religion and Spirituality forum.

I am loving a Yule celebration.

I put small gifts away all year. I never seem to find them when I want them. I always tell myself, I will remember where I put them. That never happens.

I will give them out in January.

Old 12-20-2015, 09:33 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
I don't care why people are smiling more, getting together with friends and family, exchanging gifts, donating to the needy, eating good food and drinking a smidge too much.

It's nice and it's fun.

I'm a fun fan.

Old 12-20-2015, 09:43 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Quote:
Not Supposed to bother you, but me thinks it does. Your posts seem to have a problem with anyone not living according to your interpretation of the Bible.

Which would put me in a higher class all together....Atheists who attend Midnight Mass and Celebrate the mythology of Christmas....

Old 12-20-2015, 10:28 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Oh for goodness' sake, this old chestnut?

Who ONLY does things specifically outlined in the Bible? Hint: if you're reading this on a computer, that leaves you out.

Do you shave? Did you sleep with anybody before marriage? Do you pray only once a day? Do you give your kid a cake on his or her birthday? Do you go out to dinner on yours? Have you ever worked on the Sabbath for anything that wasn't literally an emergency? If you have any female children, are you planning on letting them inherit anything?

We aren't ancient Israelites. We aren't even ancient early Christians. We live how we live, some of us including in that lifestyle various tenets of the Bible. If you're arguing this point from a computer, you aren't living exactly as the ancients in the Bible did either. So please don't go off on people including things in their lifestyle that "aren't Biblical." Adding a celebration to a date picked as Jesus's birth is no less Biblical than a bazillion other things modern westerners do.

Old 12-20-2015, 10:40 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Perhaps this was moved. Because, it is now in the Religion and Spirituality forum.

I am loving a Yule celebration.

I put small gifts away all year. I never seem to find them when I want them. I always tell myself, I will remember where I put them. That never happens.

I will give them out in January.
LOL, I hid gifts around my apartment and wrote a list of all of the hiding spots. But then I lost the list
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality