Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would be the reaction if Muslims had done them
It would be considered Islamic terrorism. 22 66.67%
It would be ignored. 0 0%
The story would not make national news. 4 12.12%
None of the above. 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 11:13 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,930,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Your figures please.
What he said, Vizio. You should know by now when you make assertions like that, you need to reference in. Otherwise they're just smoke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2016, 11:36 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,114,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
If you really want these questions answered, ask an intelligent Muslim like this guy:

//www.city-data.com/forum/islam...ns-rights.html
If this is truly muslim doctrine, then why does that culture demean women so much? I guess they pick and choose the parts of the Qur'an they want to follow.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:43 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,093,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
If this is truly muslim doctrine, then why does that culture demean women so much? I guess they pick and choose the parts of the Qur'an they want to follow.
To begin there is no central Islamic culture. We are quite individual. Islam is not an organization. Islam is individuals performing the actiopn of Islam to the best of their ability.

With that said much of what people believe are Islamic teachings are actually National Culture such as what is seen in Pakistan and Afghanistan or the rulings of a monarchy such as the al-Saud family in the 'Kingdom of Saudi Arabia"

Old 01-11-2016, 12:46 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,898,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Didn't forget them. But looking through the list, most of them were not investigated as terrorism or covered as such in the media.
Maybe you misread the document. It is all about terrorism.

https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/p...rism-2002-2005

Who cares what the media says. This report is from the FBI.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:41 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,093,918 times
Quote:
Maybe you misread the document. It is all about terrorism.

https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/p...rism-2002-2005

Who cares what the media says. This report is from the FBI.

When it comes to "Day to Day" living public opinion and views seem to carry the most weight.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:49 PM

197 posts, read 86,817 times
Quote:
Killing a person is worse than damaging self-esteem- that was a ridiculous comparison. Also, comparing what people did centuries ago to current Christianity is ridiculous. Believe what you want, but don't use ridiculous statements to support your beliefs. Germans killed millions of Jews too- does that mean they are still doing so?! Muslims have been killing in mass forever, and they always will.
Christians are not better. You are not a minority. You don't understand how I have to put up with Christians. I tried to be a good friend with a Christian at the expense of my identity and spiritual conviction. She has the "love the sinner, hate the sin" attitude, and she kept rubbing it in my face even though I never initiated any debate with her. The moment she found out I was gay, our false friendship went down hill.

Just because Christians don't kill people nowadays doesn't make their religion harmless. Yes, killing a person is worse than damaging self esteem. That doesn't mean it is cool to damage anyone's self esteem. Christians are good at this. I will say both Christianity and Islam are evil groups that harm people's happiness.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:38 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,650,451 times
Quote:
Keep rationalizing if you like. Muslims are WAY more violent than any other group of people in the world- they always have been.
The ultimate root cause of why Muslims are WAY more violent is because of the evil laden elements in the Quran [the core representative of Islam]

Here is the rational test.
Usually when SOME Muslims commit evils and violence they will refer to various relevant verses in the Quran and/or Hadiths. Note the Quran overrides the Hadiths.

If we take away the evil laden elements in the Quran, then there is no basis for any Muslim from the 1.5 billion of Muslims to act violent at all. Then there is no way a Muslim can act violent based on any verses or ethos from the Quran.

Of course the percentage of natural evil prone people from that 1.5 billion group will continue to steal, rape and commit all sorts of evils and violence based on their inherent evil nature. But such evils and violence is due to their inherent evil nature as human beings.

Here is another theoretical test;
Say there are 7 billion people living on Mars at present and there have been no violence at all.
Introduce Islam and Quran in Mars and 1.5 billion are converted to Islam.
I am confident there will be evil and violence on non-Muslims in Mars right from the start because SOME Muslims in Mars are inspired by the evil laden verses in the Quran.

From the above tests, we can conclude that Islam is the ultimate root cause of Islam-inspired violence.

Old 01-12-2016, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khminh View Post
Christians are not better. You are not a minority. You don't understand how I have to put up with Christians. I tried to be a good friend with a Christian at the expense of my identity and spiritual conviction. She has the "love the sinner, hate the sin" attitude, and she kept rubbing it in my face even though I never initiated any debate with her. The moment she found out I was gay, our false friendship went down hill.

Just because Christians don't kill people nowadays doesn't make their religion harmless. Yes, killing a person is worse than damaging self esteem. That doesn't mean it is cool to damage anyone's self esteem. Christians are good at this. I will say both Christianity and Islam are evil groups that harm people's happiness.
You've got some real anger issues. Bashing Christianity because one person failed to meet your expectations is silly. People will eventually let us down- even the best people. If she rejects you due to your being gay that's her issue- not yours. Don't let other peoples stuff become your stuff. Yes, rejection hurts, but to bash all Christians doesn't make sense.

Old 01-12-2016, 07:28 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,898,289 times
Quote:
You've got some real anger issues. Bashing Christianity because one person failed to meet your expectations is silly. People will eventually let us down- even the best people. If she rejects you due to your being gay that's her issue- not yours. Don't let other peoples stuff become your stuff. Yes, rejection hurts, but to bash all Christians doesn't make sense.
That is a very good post, Bryan.

If the 85 in your name is your age, then I would say you have learned a lot in your 85 years. I hope you learn just as much in the next 85.

By the way, the 45 in my name is my age - at least at one time.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
That is a very good post, Bryan.

If the 85 in your name is your age, then I would say you have learned a lot in your 85 years. I hope you learn just as much in the next 85.

By the way, the 45 in my name is my age - at least at one time.
Thanks- no, I'm actually 57. I've learned the hard way that "our expectations of others set us up. Life is much more peaceful when I don't try to make my stuff your stuff, and don't let your stuff become mine. I can't say I always practice this, but it works when I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality