Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would be the reaction if Muslims had done them
It would be considered Islamic terrorism. 22 66.67%
It would be ignored. 0 0%
The story would not make national news. 4 12.12%
None of the above. 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 12:50 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,898,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Three News stories and not one is called terrorism.

Impressive Arsenal Found in Car Outside Mass. Stadium

Alaska Man Crashes Plane Into Wife's Workplace

Cliven Bundy Son, Militia Take Over Fed Building

What would be the reaction if they were done by Muslims?
Like I said before, if I hear about such a crime being committed by a Muslim, I assume it is a terror attack motivated by radical Islam.

I just heard about the Philadelphia police officer being shot by a Muslim, but I did not hear if the attack was motivated by radical Islamic beliefs or not. However, I am going to assume that was the motivation.

After all the info gets out, lets see if I end up being right.

https://twitter.com/Lulu_Lapin/statu...05532937932800
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 01:04 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times
Quote:
Three News stories and not one is called terrorism.

Impressive Arsenal Found in Car Outside Mass. Stadium

Alaska Man Crashes Plane Into Wife's Workplace

Cliven Bundy Son, Militia Take Over Fed Building

What would be the reaction if they were done by Muslims?
Would they have been screaming out "Allahu Akbar!" at any point?

Old 01-08-2016, 02:10 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,266,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
I just heard about the Philadelphia police officer being shot by a Muslim, but I did not hear if the attack was motivated by radical Islamic beliefs or not. However, I am going to assume that was the motivation.
According to the "news" he apparantly confessed it was.

Quote:
He has confessed to committing this cowardly act in the name of Islam," Ross told a press conference, adding that the 30-year-old assailant also referenced Islamic State militants.
Islamic State follower ambushes Philadelphia police officer: officials

Old 01-08-2016, 03:26 PM

20,024 posts, read 13,501,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I am a born again believer, and I see a huge difference. Some fundamentalist Christians do go overboard with legalism. However, fundamentalist muslims believe in killing anyone that doesn't agree with their beliefs. In short, they are ignorant, barbaric and looney tunes. I realize that all muslims are not extreme in their views, but plenty of them are.
Would you not characterize what this woman did as "ignorant, barbaric and looney tunes"? How about this other woman in Phoenix?

I realize that not all Christians are extreme in their views, but plenty of them are.

Old 01-08-2016, 04:13 PM

197 posts, read 86,817 times
Quote:
I am a born again believer, and I see a huge difference. Some fundamentalist Christians do go overboard with legalism. However, fundamentalist muslims believe in killing anyone that doesn't agree with their beliefs. In short, they are ignorant, barbaric and looney tunes. I realize that all muslims are not extreme in their views, but plenty of them are.
I used to be a devout Buddhist, so I know the mindset of a fundamentalist. Buddhism is generally a peaceful religion, but pious Buddhists can be just as prejudicing as Christians although they are usually not as hateful as Christians. I used to believe that anyone who didn't follow the Buddha's teachings would reincarnate as a dog, cow, pig, insect, etc.

Both fundamentalist Christians and fundamentalist Muslims are equally scary. If I lived in Europe in the medieval period, I would certainly be executed by Christians due to my sexual orientation, just like I will be burned by ISIS or flogged by Islamic government.

All American fundamentalists want to oppress people. If they don't do it with legal means, they will find a way to lure people to worship Jesus. I was a friend to fundamentalist Christians before, and I was a close friend to one of them. I know how insidious Christians can be. If fanatic Muslims believe in killing infidels' lives, zealous Christians believe in killing nonbelievers' self esteem.

Old 01-08-2016, 05:04 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,093,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Would they have been screaming out "Allahu Akbar!" at any point?
Ithink some people misunderstand why Mid-Eastern Muslims holler Allah Akbar so often..One reason is because there are no common exclamations in Arabic except for phrases related to Islam Vulgar or profane exclamations are pretty much nonexistent in Arabic. Instead we have phrases like:

Allah Akbar

Subhannah Allah

Alhumdillullah

Bismillah

They are used so frequently many people do so out of habit with no thought of the meaning.Another reason they seem to have a need for people to know they are Muslims.

It is similar to a non-Muslim hollering "Jesus Christ" when they are angry, scared or emotionally charged.

I do not see it as affirmation they are doing it in the name of Allaah(swt) in which case they would holler Bismillah.

Perhaps they saw too many Rudolph Valentino movies .

Old 01-08-2016, 09:25 PM

63,843 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Ithink some people misunderstand why Mid-Eastern Muslims holler Allah Akbar so often..One reason is because there are no common exclamations in Arabic except for phrases related to Islam Vulgar or profane exclamations are pretty much nonexistent in Arabic. Instead we have phrases like:
Allah Akbar
Subhannah Allah
Alhumdillullah
Bismillah
They are used so frequently many people do so out of habit with no thought of the meaning.Another reason they seem to have a need for people to know they are Muslims.
It is similar to a non-Muslim hollering "Jesus Christ" when they are angry, scared or emotionally charged.
I do not see it as affirmation they are doing it in the name of Allaah(swt) in which case they would holler Bismillah.
Perhaps they saw too many Rudolph Valentino movies .
I accept your sincere moderate views of Islam, Wood, but providing apologetics for the fanatics who actually DO use the phrase when committing martydom by suicide is disingenuous. There are far too many of the fanatics for your apologetics to be credible, Wood. We are not talking about a few hundred people.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:40 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,650,451 times
Quote:
There is nothing in the Qur'an that permits us to harm non-Muslims because of their beliefs.
Note my post #76 just a few posts above yours.
//www.city-data.com/forum/42550967-post76.html
I have provided the principles and the evidences.

The Quran [the core texts representing Islam] contain both good and evil [& malignant] which inspire SOME evil prone Muslims to commit terrible evils and violence.
The proof of this proposition is so glaringly which make your DENIAL absurd.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:
I don't read the Qur'an. Apparently the Qur'an has little or no influence on all these crazies. How else to explain their extreme views AND actions. Please don't say it's a small minority that are doing these things. I don't hate muslims, but I do hate much of what they believe and how they treat people- especially women.
Let me crack the egg shell of your ignorance on this issue.

I have read the Quran VERY extensively and in great depth.

Why there is so much terrible evils and violence from Muslims and Islam is because of the following hypothesis;

The terrible evils and violence are caused by the combination of the two following elements;
1. 20% of ALL humans, therefore 20% Muslims are NATURALLY evil prone.
2. More than 55% of the Quran which represent Islam contain evil and malignant elements.

We cannot blame Muslims because they are ordinary people like any other group of humans which naturally comprised good, bad, ugly and evil people.

It is the additional factor of the evil & malignant elements from Islam [Quran] that motivate and compel SOME Muslims who are evil prone to commit terrible evils and violence.

As a check and control, all one has to do is to ask why there is so much evils and violence from ONLY one mainstream religion.
The naturally 20% of evil prone from other religions do commit violence but they are not inspired by their respective holy texts but rather because the believers themselves are evil prone. The pedophile priest is evil not because the Bible compel him to be a pedophile. Rather it is his own inherent evil nature that compel the priest to be a pedophile.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khminh View Post
I used to be a devout Buddhist, so I know the mindset of a fundamentalist. Buddhism is generally a peaceful religion, but pious Buddhists can be just as prejudicing as Christians although they are usually not as hateful as Christians. I used to believe that anyone who didn't follow the Buddha's teachings would reincarnate as a dog, cow, pig, insect, etc.

Both fundamentalist Christians and fundamentalist Muslims are equally scary. If I lived in Europe in the medieval period, I would certainly be executed by Christians due to my sexual orientation, just like I will be burned by ISIS or flogged by Islamic government.

All American fundamentalists want to oppress people. If they don't do it with legal means, they will find a way to lure people to worship Jesus. I was a friend to fundamentalist Christians before, and I was a close friend to one of them. I know how insidious Christians can be. If fanatic Muslims believe in killing infidels' lives, zealous Christians believe in killing nonbelievers' self esteem.
I don't think you understand the full range of Buddhism-proper where its core principles are pacifist in nature.
Most kindergarten-Buddhists do not believe in reincarnation [a Hindu concept] but rebirth [which is wrong anyway].

Buddhism like all religions do not prevent any one from being a Buddhists.
Therefore if a pedophile become a Buddhist, his pedophilic crimes has nothing to do with Buddhism.
Any one with a tendency for evil, violence, crimes, and the like can be a Buddhist by birth or joining a Buddhist group. If these people commit evils and crimes, it is because of their inherent nature and not because of Buddhism-proper.

There is no room for being very pious and fanatical in Buddhism proper, i.e. the Middle-Way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality