Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would be the reaction if Muslims had done them
It would be considered Islamic terrorism. 22 66.67%
It would be ignored. 0 0%
The story would not make national news. 4 12.12%
None of the above. 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 07:57 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Let me crack the egg shell of your ignorance on this issue.

I have read the Quran VERY extensively and in great depth.

Why there is so much terrible evils and violence from Muslims and Islam is because of the following hypothesis;

The terrible evils and violence are caused by the combination of the two following elements;
1. 20% of ALL humans, therefore 20% Muslims are NATURALLY evil prone.
2. More than 55% of the Quran which represent Islam contain evil and malignant elements.

We cannot blame Muslims because they are ordinary people like any other group of humans which naturally comprised good, bad, ugly and evil people.

It is the additional factor of the evil & malignant elements from Islam [Quran] that motivate and compel SOME Muslims who are evil prone to commit terrible evils and violence.

As a check and control, all one has to do is to ask why there is so much evils and violence from ONLY one mainstream religion.
The naturally 20% of evil prone from other religions do commit violence but they are not inspired by their respective holy texts but rather because the believers themselves are evil prone. The pedophile priest is evil not because the Bible compel him to be a pedophile. Rather it is his own inherent evil nature that compel the priest to be a pedophile.
Keep rationalizing if you like. Muslims are WAY more violent than any other group of people in the world- they always have been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2016, 08:24 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
So does that suggest more about the cultures of the places they live in, or the religions themselves?
Both I guess, but does it really matter? If I was brought up in that culture,Ii could very well be a crazed looney myself. I do believe God gives us all a conscience, however. Don't these people ever think that the beliefs and values they are taught are wrong?! I mean does it not ever dawn on them that to treat women as dirt is wrong? It is ignorance (meaning lack of knowledge- not supidity), but it's also chosen ignorance. Going against our conscience repeatedly over time will weaken it. It just seems like the value of love isn't very high in Islam- but vengeance and being "right" mean more to them- sorry, I don't get it.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:53 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Keep rationalizing if you like. Muslims are WAY more violent than any other group of people in the world- they always have been.
No, but they are now.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:43 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Don't these people ever think that the beliefs and values they are taught are wrong?! I mean does it not ever dawn on them that to treat women as dirt is wrong?
If you really want these questions answered, ask an intelligent Muslim like this guy:

//www.city-data.com/forum/islam...ns-rights.html

Old 01-11-2016, 09:48 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Ithink some people misunderstand why Mid-Eastern Muslims holler Allah Akbar so often..One reason is because there are no common exclamations in Arabic except for phrases related to Islam Vulgar or profane exclamations are pretty much nonexistent in Arabic. Instead we have phrases like:

Allah Akbar

Subhannah Allah

Alhumdillullah

Bismillah

They are used so frequently many people do so out of habit with no thought of the meaning.Another reason they seem to have a need for people to know they are Muslims.

It is similar to a non-Muslim hollering "Jesus Christ" when they are angry, scared or emotionally charged.

I do not see it as affirmation they are doing it in the name of Allaah(swt) in which case they would holler Bismillah.

Perhaps they saw too many Rudolph Valentino movies .
The point of my question was that we think of them as Muslims because so many terrorists self-identify as Muslims. Like it or not, when terrorism is done nowadays, it seems like it's usually someone that calls themselves Muslims.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:49 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
No, but they are now.
ISIS has already killed more than Christians ever did in the inquisition. You realize that, right?

Old 01-11-2016, 10:05 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
ISIS has already killed more than Christians ever did in the inquisition. You realize that, right?
Your figures please.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:07 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The point of my question was that we think of them as Muslims because so many terrorists self-identify as Muslims. Like it or not, when terrorism is done nowadays, it seems like it's usually someone that calls themselves Muslims.

Or is it that terrorism by a Muslim will be called terrorism and terrorism by a non-Muslim is not likely to be called terrorism.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:27 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Or is it that terrorism by a Muslim will be called terrorism and terrorism by a non-Muslim is not likely to be called terrorism.

I guess you forgot this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/p...rism-2002-2005

I did not look thru all of the terrorist incidents, but I saw a lot of them that did not appear to involve Muslims.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:46 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
I guess you forgot this:
Didn't forget them. But looking through the list, most of them were not investigated as terrorism or covered as such in the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality