Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2016, 08:55 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,153,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Those who know and love God--know this system has to be like this until the arrival of Gods kingdom. Few know God.
It's good that you are so special and more enlightened. You are one of the Chosen Few. Congratulations!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 09:26 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It's good that you are so special and more enlightened. You are one of the Chosen Few. Congratulations!
But probably arrived a little too late in the game to grab one of those coveted 144,000 spots.

Too bad.

So sad.

Sitting on the sidelines while the Really Cool Kids - The Special 144K - get to frolic in the Real Heaven.

Such is reality in JW Land.

Old 03-05-2016, 03:33 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,962,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
LOL!

People often say things like, "This condition is so painful that I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy."

Well, guess what, Mr. Insensitive Religious Zealot.

I have an extremely painful neurological condition. I am in CONSTANT pain. I have to eat pain killers like candy. I'll probably die of liver failure before I'm 40. My life was over before it barely began. Because, you see, Mr. Thoughtless Unfeeling Fanatic, there's a lot that goes along with debilitating conditions: horrible depression, loneliness, isolation, feelings of inadequacy, powerlessness, thoughts of suicide, purposelessness, yeah, pretty much you run the gamut of negative emotions every damn day. And, of course, there's the physical pain itself ... or the lousy side-effects of the drugs. Oh yeah ... and did I mention that this is my 6th day without any pain meds thanks to our fabulous Christian nation for-profit health care system? Uh huh. You picked the absolute WORST day to be telling everyone just how "minor" pain and suffering is. Would you like some A-1 steak sauce for that foot you're about to eat?
Dear Shirina,
I just don't know what to say concerning your pain except to let you know that it really tugs at my heart knowing you are in such pain. It really helps to know what other posters are dealing with in their lives. I'm sorry if I ever said anything to you which was harsh. The more I know about you and other posters the more I appreciate you and others.

Quote:
If given the chance, I'd wish it all on YOU.

Yep. In a heartbeat. I would give my condition to you and walk away with a smile wider than anything the Cheshire Cat could ever imagine. Because if ever there was a person who DESERVES a little taste of suffering to put their thinking into perspective, well ... guess what, you win.

"That's minor."

What a load of bull.
Many of us on these boards are dealing with things in our lives. I realize this may sound trite but nonetheless it is true. We are all dying due to one man's disobedient act. We have heath issues due to what he did. Some of our children die at such a young age. Some live to a ripe old age but with suffering. But there is One Who truly does care for you and all of us and He was obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. He bore our sins, our pains, our sufferings. Due to what He did, God is going to more than undo what Adam did for the human race. God is not just going to save you and all mankind from sin and death due to what Christ did in undoing what we get from Adam, He is also going to give you and all mankind immortality and incorruption.
I realize there are people out there who want it all now. They want it fixed now and if it isn't fixed now they think it never will be. I can empathize with such people. It is just that it is not time yet for that. But I am assured it will come. In that far off day you will be jumping for joy at being freed from the intolerable pain and suffering. Finally you and all mankind will not just have a head knowledge concerning this but will know it experientially.
If I feel so much for you, for what you are going through, know that God does know your condition and he genuinely feels for you and has done everything to eventually undo all your pain and suffering and dying condition.
I realize this may be met with ridicule, but please know I do care for you and the problems you face in life. My heart aches for you. Believe it or not, I really do have a soft heart and really do care about people. I care about you and hope you are able to find a solution to your pain.

Love
Euse

Old 03-05-2016, 03:49 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,962,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Freak80, I don't know what to say to your response. Just because we are one of the chosen few does not mean you are not chosen for life and incorruption. But if anything, we can't really boast as if it were our achievement at being chosen. You see dear friend, God chooses the dregs of society; people just like me. He chooses not many wise, not many noble but rather He chooses the foolish . . .

1Co 1:26-29 For you are observing your calling, brethren, that there are not many wise according to the flesh; not many powerful, not many noble, (27) but the stupid ones of the world God chooses, that He may be disgracing the wise, and the weak ones of the world God chooses, that He may be disgracing the strong, (28) and the ignoble and the contemptible ones of the world God chooses, and those who are nobodies, that He may be discarding those who are something, (29) so that no flesh at all should be boasting in God's sight.

So we can't really boast. In fact, in a way it is humbling to know God chose someone like me. But it was not because I'm better than you or anyone else. No, He chose me, the offscouring of the world. One day you too will be freed into the glorious freedom of the children of God as will all of creation with none left out or left behind.

Old 03-05-2016, 10:02 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,153,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
A valiant effort, 303Guy - but doomed to failure. JWs have no interest in what life today may offer - they ignore the richness of knowledge and education in favour of the strict, albeit erroneous interpretation of what they think their puny, little god decreed.

They live shallow, grey lives in a shallow, grey world in the futile hope they might get something better after they've gasped their last.

It's really very sad. So many lives lost that may have enriched the world.
Yes. And it's the same story in my former denomination.

This kind of religion destroys lives.

Old 03-05-2016, 05:07 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
One day you too will be freed into the glorious freedom of the children of God as will all of creation with none left out or left behind.
Not some day, Eusebius. It has already happened. Most simply do not know it and will receive quite a shock. I LOVE the sentiments in your Love's Goal citation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality