Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 11:58 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times

Advertisements

Did I hear cake? I love cake.

How about a cake flavored with an anjeo tequilla vanilla made by moi. An egg white, white chocolate, fluffy frosting kissed with cherry wood smoked salt, and caramel crystals, also made by moi.

It would do The Mouse proud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2016, 01:33 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Yes.

Having said that, from the top down, we have a precedent set that elected officials can pick and choose which laws they choose to recognize or not. That is not the correct way to view our governmental system, and the Constitution does not allow for it. I'm not saying it's right...but that's just what our government has become. So she, along with others who support her, have chosen to follow the example of those above her and have just refused to accept the law.
I am going to become a Quaker and force Martin Marietta to hire me to work in their weapons plant--where I will refuse to work and demand they continue to pay be for my deeply held religious convictions of being a pacifist..

Old 03-26-2016, 01:50 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I am going to become a Quaker and force Martin Marietta to hire me to work in their weapons plant--where I will refuse to work and demand they continue to pay be for my deeply held religious convictions of being a pacifist..
You can do that, but if you read my posts above, you'll see that I explicitly stated that an employee has no reason to expect their employer accomodate anyone in that way.

Old 03-26-2016, 02:19 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I don't care what the chef's reason for objecting to the meal is. Religious or not, if he can't do the job he should be fired.

Because ultimately beliefs based on what God says is more important than beliefs based on our own personal opinions.
Says who? Um,,,let me guess, he's invisible? Can't speak English? Can be used to get out of work, get time off, shut down businesses, bomb and shoot people, etc, etc,

Old 03-26-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
It's a good card to hold. LMAO!! Maybe I'll buy a small building, put a cross on it and collect my money from the neighbors all while avoiding those nasty taxes.

Old 03-26-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Did I hear cake? I love cake.

How about a cake flavored with an anjeo tequilla vanilla made by moi. An egg white, white chocolate, fluffy frosting kissed with cherry wood smoked salt, and caramel crystals, also made by moi.

It would do The Mouse proud.
I'm coming to your house tonight!!!

Old 03-26-2016, 03:24 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
It's a good card to hold. LMAO!! Maybe I'll buy a small building, put a cross on it and collect my money from the neighbors all while avoiding those nasty taxes.
I remember when that was suggest on the old TV show SOAP...I have thought many times when I win the LOTTERY the first thing I do is create a religion and "donate" my winnings to myself...

Either that or start a professional sport like the NFL and go non-prophet tax-free..

Old 04-02-2016, 07:39 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Anyone can start a church based on their beliefs and even get federally recognized. Look at the church of cannabis, it is now a legally recognized church.
You need clear groups of dedicated people and clear cultural descent through dedicated children and dedicated converts. Federal recognition is probably only about federal tax exemptions that "protect" religion (although in all reality they merely support religion be treating religion as "better" than nonreligious entities).

Old 04-02-2016, 07:49 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Says who? Um,,,let me guess, he's invisible? Can't speak English? Can be used to get out of work, get time off, shut down businesses, bomb and shoot people, etc, etc,
No. I've routinely said here that my religious beliefs are not a reason to bully my boss into bending the rules for me. Honestly...just read post 53 directly above the one I quoted here from you. I don't get to dictate to my employer what hours I work, my days off, etc. Nor should it be used to shut down a business, or any of the other nonsense you mention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality