Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 12:14 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
First...JACKPOT!!....that I prompted you to wallow in the slop, resorting to "extremely dull witted or deliberately obtuse"...makes this all worthwhile. My Geppetto Pavlov persona thanks you.

It has been explained to you over and over again. With analogies of "friends" and "heros"...and buu noted it as "it's about the reverence". Mystic has also explained it in detail.
If you are unable to "get it"...I don’t know what else to tell ya. I guess you are unable to understand what others do. I was in your position as an Atheist...but I learned, and came to greater understanding and knowledge. I hope the same for you.
I am not the least bit concerned about your feelings concerning me .I have no qualms or regrets about pointing out your inadequacies in being able to respond intelligently to questions . It's part of the give and take of dealing with people like you . And as you are one of the few responding I am left to try and deal with your lesser abilities . If you somehow get your jollies appearing dull witted to others , good for you .

I responded in previous threads to your analogy of a friend, and you proved incapable there of explaining how and what you perceive differently as a pantheist . As I explained then, I could detail out how my relationship to someone as a friend would differ from yours to him as a co worker, and asked you to extend your analogy on out in explanation . You proved inadequate to the task, as you are here . Your answer that you simply perceive things differently is meaningless if you don't have the ability to explain HOW and WHY and WHAT you perceive differently .

Until you can, another big fail on your part .

Last edited by wallflash; 05-23-2016 at 12:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 12:38 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,655,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I am not the least bit concerned about your feelings concerning me .I have no qualms or regrets about pointing out your inadequacies in being able to respond intelligently to questions . It's part of the give and take of dealing with people like you . And as you are one of the few responding I am left to try and deal with your lesser abilities . If you somehow get your jollies appearing dull witted to others , good for you .

I responded in previous threads to your analogy of a friend, and you proved incapable there of explaining how and what you perceive differently as a pantheist . As I explained then, I could detail out how my relationship to someone as a friend would differ from yours to him as a co worker, and asked you to extend your analogy on out in explanation . You proved inadequate to the task, as you are here . Your answer that you simply perceive things differently is meaningless if you don't have the ability to explain HOW and WHY and WHAT you perceive differently .

Until you can, another big fail on your part .
Like I said...it was explained...replete with details and analogies.
All the how, why, and what of it. It doesn't require YOUR similar perception to validate it...just that it IS perceived as such, and it comports definitively. That's it...done deal.
You were unable to grasp that then...and it is noted that you remain unable.
AGAIN: I used to be in your position when I was Atheist. But I learned...and came to greater knowledge and understanding. I still hope you are able to achieve the same. I suggest greater focus and effort.

Old 05-23-2016, 01:25 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,880 times
Quote:
First...JACKPOT!!....that I prompted you to wallow in the slop, resorting to "extremely dull witted or deliberately obtuse"...makes this all worthwhile. My Geppetto Pavlov persona thanks you.

It has been explained to you over and over again. With analogies of "friends" and "heros"...and buu noted it as "it's about the reverence". Mystic has also explained it in detail.
If you are unable to "get it"...I don’t know what else to tell ya. I guess you are unable to understand what others do. I was in your position as an Atheist...but I learned, and came to greater understanding and knowledge. I hope the same for you.
You still haven't explained why your version of God matters. If it is no more than the Universe, then as we have been saying over and over again, all you have done is relabeled the Universe and call it God. Whoopee.... Congrats....

It still remains, however, that your version of God is a big fat nothing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 05-23-2016, 03:12 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,709,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
Both of these are essentially the same response....
They should be. You failed to understand something I wrote earlier in the thread, yet proceeded to inquire yet again, rather than trying to understand how what I already wrote effectively did address the matter fully, or at the very least acknowledge the the gulf between your perspective and mine is so great that understand what I'm saying is simply not something you're going to do.

Quote:
I had not been posting to you or anybody else ITT up until that point, so if you made it on an earlier page, you could have said as much rather than expecting that anybody is scouring this or "other" threads to try & find your purported diatribes.
Sorry for the confusion. I couldn't imagine that someone would consciously jump into the middle of a discussion without having read the previous messages in the discussion.

Quote:
I'm not intending to come to any particular (regarding your use of "that") understanding by asking questions, nor am I asking to come and try out your religion. I'm trying to understand how you see it, or rationalize it, when it is not something which seems rational to me.
Remarkably, it doesn't seem like you're trying to do that at all. Perhaps you could try differently?

Quote:
I can appreciate the honesty in the practice of the belief system. But it leads me to a question....why bother with a belief system that doesn't seem to have explanatory abilities?
What do you mean by "have explanatory abilities"? Are you asking why would a religion not explain how the sun was formed, or how the galaxies affect each other?

Quote:
Doesn't it just end up being a social club of sorts?
Gosh no.

Quote:
You realize you stated that using the word "god", instead of the word "everything", was better because it is a shorter word?
And I just explained to you why, that I was mirroring. You must be working really hard to avoid seeing and understanding the comments people have posted in the thread. It's making it rather mystifying to discuss it with you.

Quote:
What I really suspect is once again, you chose to distract away from statements you really should have thought through a bit better by using yet another projected insult in order to avoid owning your misstep and harming your ego.
So because you're frustrated that you don't understand and haven't kept up with the discussion, you stoop to childish personal attacks. Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
You are either extremely dull witted or deliberately obtuse .
And I suppose you're going to say something about GldnRule's mother wearing Army boots next. What's going on? Is there some kind of plague of rudeness going around forcing people to post ridiculous personal attacks?

Old 05-23-2016, 03:37 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times
Quote:
Like I said...it was explained...replete with details and analogies.
All the how, why, and what of it. It doesn't require YOUR similar perception to validate it...just that it IS perceived as such, and it comports definitively. That's it...done deal.
You were unable to grasp that then...and it is noted that you remain unable.
AGAIN: I used to be in your position when I was Atheist. But I learned...and came to greater knowledge and understanding. I still hope you are able to achieve the same. I suggest greater focus and effort.

I suggest you learn the simple task of answering questions . Your claims of having a different perception, which was asked with regard to what your point is, was responded to by me asking you to explain just HOW you perceive things differently now . I have also reiterated that question here . So far you dodge the question, most likely because you have no answer .

Personally I tire quickly of dealing with you, and really don't care if you ever find yourself capable of answering with something more than a vague claim of perception. Your inability to give a reasonable answer will be enough to suit me .

Old 05-23-2016, 03:39 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,655,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
You still haven't explained why your version of God matters. If it is no more than the Universe, then as we have been saying over and over again, all you have done is relabeled the Universe and call it God. Whoopee.... Congrats....

It still remains, however, that your version of God is a big fat nothing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It does not have to matter to you.
It objectively exists, comports definitively, and matters to ME such that I perceive it as GOD.
That's all that is needed for GOD to exist. Done deal.
Oh, and, Atheism is rendered null and void by that.
Those that don't like those FACTS, notwithstanding.
BTW...the "relabeling" went the other way around...it was "GOD" first. You need to get hip to that...so you quit making that same false statement over and over again.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:48 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,215,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
They should be. You failed to understand something I wrote earlier in the thread, yet proceeded to inquire yet again, rather than trying to understand how what I already wrote effectively did address the matter fully, or at the very least acknowledge the the gulf between your perspective and mine is so great that understand what I'm saying is simply not something you're going to do.

Sorry for the confusion. I couldn't imagine that someone would consciously jump into the middle of a discussion without having read the previous messages in the discussion.

Remarkably, it doesn't seem like you're trying to do that at all. Perhaps you could try differently?

What do you mean by "have explanatory abilities"? Are you asking why would a religion not explain how the sun was formed, or how the galaxies affect each other?

Gosh no.

And I just explained to you why, that I was mirroring. You must be working really hard to avoid seeing and understanding the comments people have posted in the thread. It's making it rather mystifying to discuss it with you.

So because you're frustrated that you don't understand and haven't kept up with the discussion, you stoop to childish personal attacks. Nice.

And I suppose you're going to say something about GldnRule's mother wearing Army boots next. What's going on? Is there some kind of plague of rudeness going around forcing people to post ridiculous personal attacks?
So many words....none of which explains your working definition of "greater".

Feel free to link your explanation of "greater" ITT that you assert I missed, that way everyone can have a good laugh at my expense (including me). Until then I'll just consider this another one of your egocentric rants to make that difficult and misplaced anger a little less painful.

It's fine dude. We have been all been young men, some with ego issues ourselves, at one time. I'll pray to my salad for you.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:01 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,880 times
Quote:
It does not have to matter to you.
It objectively exists, comports definitively, and matters to ME such that I perceive it as GOD.
That's all that is needed for GOD to exist. Done deal.
Oh, and, Atheism is rendered null and void by that.
Those that don't like those FACTS, notwithstanding.
BTW...the "relabeling" went the other way around...it was "GOD" first. You need to get hip to that...so you quit making that same false statement over and over again.
Ok, then why not answer wallflash's questions about how you perceive things differently now?

Fact is, you have done absolutely zero but rename something we already had a name for. You can claim whatever you want, but you simply make yourself look foolish. You can troll around trying to get responses to get you off, but it simply makes you look foolish. You make a truth claim, and can not back it up. You then refuse to answer the questions that are asked of you. You think you have somehow won, and made atheism null and void, but you are simply playing stupid, childish games.

I am hip to the fact that you are simply playing word games. You have nothing better to do with your time, and have no interest in having an actual conversation about things, so you troll around trying to get responses. It is quite sad, really...

Old 05-23-2016, 04:25 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Fact is, you have done absolutely zero but rename something we already had a name for.
Come on, try actually reading what he says. He is saying that YOU have renamed what we already had a name for - God - long before science reared its head in rebellion to autocratic religious authority, not the other way around.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:33 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:

whats it matter is a personal opinion. Weather it is there or not isn't. Observation says its more likely that it is there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality