Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2016, 03:14 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Nonsense . My point is that pantheists insisting that agnostics must agree a pantheist God exists is meaningless, on the basis that it changes nothing for the agnostic . If a pantheist finds pantheism meaningful , then good for him . My posts addressed the issue of pantheists insisting that others accept their views, and the meaningless of an agnostic agreeing to do so because it wouldn't alter anything .

I've done all I can do to help you understand , and won't waste any more time on a lost cause . Maybe you should get someone to read it for you and explain it slowly to you .
I would suggest no one waist anymore time, wallflash. He obviously can't grasp what the topic is, and is doing like some others we know on here, and saying what he wants to say, regardless of whether or not it addresses the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 03:14 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Nonsense . My point is that pantheists insisting that agnostics must agree a pantheist God exists is meaningless, on the basis that it changes nothing for the agnostic . If a pantheist finds pantheism meaningful , then good for him . My posts addressed the issue of pantheists insisting that others accept their views, and the meaningless of an agnostic agreeing to do so because it wouldn't alter anything .

I've done all I can do to help you understand , and won't waste any more time on a lost cause . Maybe you should get someone to read it for you and explain it slowly to you .

rotf lmao ... yeah. A lost "toss out observation when it doesn't match my personal opinion" cause.

I am "lost" because I don't follow your religion.
I heard it all before.

Old 05-27-2016, 03:24 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Not at all . You are lost because you cannot grasp the point I make , no matter how simply it is explained .Im not sure what language you need me to say " I'm fine if people want to embrace pantheism " in for you to grasp it , but evidently English isn't it .

Old 05-27-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Not at all . You are lost because you cannot grasp the point I make , no matter how simply it is explained .Im not sure what language you need me to say I'm fine if people want to embrace pantheism in for you to grasp it , but evidently English isn't it .
then its simple.

Its pointless to you and it doesn't have to be pointless for everybody. That its a problem when people push a personal emotional meaning on others like its more valid; that is wrong.

About sums up what we have been saying all this time.

Old 05-27-2016, 03:44 PM

Yes it is real simple , and what you WANT me to accept is exactly what I have already said .

So again, GET someone who can read and understand better than you to explain it to you . I've only said I have no issue with people being pantheist if they wish a dozen times or so . I have little hope that another 20 will get it through you head.

My debate has been about pantheists insisting that others must believe as they do, which somehow seems totally lost on you no matter how patiently explained .

Old 05-27-2016, 04:10 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Yes it is real simple , and what you WANT me to accept is exactly what I have already said .

So again, GET someone who can read and understand better than you to explain it to you . I've only said I have no issue with people being pantheist if they wish a dozen times or so . I have little hope that another 20 will get it through you head.

My debate has been about pantheists insisting that others must believe as they do, which somehow seems totally lost on you no matter how patiently explained .
Pantheism is different than Religious Beliefs, and Deities, and hocus-pocus stuff...that are speculative at best.
ALL/EVERYTHING does objectively exist. It irrefutably comports definitively as "G-O-D" by certainly being "Something of Supreme Value".
So....I'm not asking you to accept beliefs about what I have faith in, and that my speculative hopes rely on...stuff I can't otherwise substantiate empirically.
I am stating the facts as to what I know and can objectively verify with evidence that proves it.
You can dismiss Religious Deities & OmniDudes as GOD and claim "no substantiation"...but you can't put ALL/EVERYTHING in that same category.

Old 05-27-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Pantheism is different than Religious Beliefs, and Deities, and hocus-pocus stuff...that are speculative at best.
ALL/EVERYTHING does objectively exist. It irrefutably comports definitively as "G-O-D" by certainly being "Something of Supreme Value".
So....I'm not asking you to accept beliefs about what I have faith in, and that my speculative hopes rely on...stuff I can't otherwise substantiate empirically.
I am stating the facts as to what I know and can objectively verify with evidence that proves it.
You can dismiss Religious Deities & OmniDudes as GOD and claim "no substantiation"...but you can't put ALL/EVERYTHING in that same category.

I've made my point about the relevancy of your version with the analogy on the designated driver . Nothing more really need be said about your version .

You are free to believe what you will, but the relevancy of your version has been exposed .

Old 05-27-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:

dude, don't flatter yourself, your easy. easier than most. You're only talking about fundy-mentals, they are all crazy. Even atheist ones. But you can't see that, you are stuck in your way as the way. as we said since the first post. I think it was shortly after that you started with the name calling. typical fundy-mental stuff.

now you can get back to

"I don't see how anything that describes the universe as meaningful to me until I want/need it to."

lmao @ fundy-mentals.

Old 05-27-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
dude, don't flatter yourself, your easy. easier than most. You're only talking about fundy-mentals, they are all crazy. Even atheist ones. But you can't see that, you are stuck in your way as the way. as we said since the first post. I think it was shortly after that you started with the name calling. typical fundy-mental stuff.

now you can get back to

"I don't see how anything that describes the universe as meaningful to me until I want/need it to."

lmao @ fundy-mentals.

Since I am neither a fundy Christian nor an avowed atheist your rant is typically nonsensical for you .

But nice try . It doesn't alter your obvious inability to understand the point , and obviously doesn't help you understand how many times I have said that I have no issue with people being pantheists.

I do wish you would get someone with a better command of the English language to explain it all for you and put an end to your nonsense .

Old 05-27-2016, 06:02 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
I've made my point about the relevancy of your version with the analogy on the designated driver . Nothing more really need be said about your version .

You are free to believe what you will, but the relevancy of your version has been exposed .
Yeah...your bogus analogy that basically was you telling those that hold the Pantheist perception of GOD what THEY think and feel.
It was explained to you, by a Pantheist, in #155.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality