Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2016, 03:16 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
fine, you are allowed to believe what you want.

Lets play your little game again and see how fast we reach your limit of understanding.

Why shouldn't I force my belief on the ort cloud on my brother who says he doesn't believe me?

Where in any of my posts do you get the idea that I feel you should force your beliefs on your brother?

You still aren't comprehending .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
YOU were the one that proposed the hypothetical of everyone admiitting the Pantheist concept that "GOD = ALL" as valid.
Of course...one way it would "matter" is that the Atheist Concept, that is predicated and contingent upon no God(s) existing, would necessarily be nullified by that. Your claim it doesn't is illogical and bogus.
If a concept is dependent upon the nonexistence of some entity...objective evidence of the existence of that entity would effectively void that concept. That is just common-sense.
YOU proposed what you proposed (to accept ALL as GOD) in your OP...and asked, "So what?", "What difference does it make?", ""What does it change?", etc.
So...I hipped you to what it changed. But, you don't like that...so you get all twisted up over it...and you go off on anyone that tries to get you to understand where your reasoning is messed up.
You propose a scenario, and ask questions about it...then get mentally irregular over answers that don't suit your biased mindset!
But, please...don't stop with the "Acme Logic"...it's great entertainment! MEE MEEP!!
Oh..."For me!".

Your claims have been disproven , and you failed miserably at responding to my DD analogy, despite , it seems , getting your bravado back after a night of recovery from that miserable failure on your part . There is no need for me to waste more time retreading the same stuff with you . Your posts have become like riding a bicycle through a cow pasture . The same old sheet over and over and over .

Come back when you learn some new tricks from your master .

Old 05-28-2016, 03:28 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Where in any of my posts do you get the idea that I feel you should force your beliefs on your brother?

You still aren't comprehending .
that's not the question. we all agree that forcing personal opinions on people is bad. In the fundy-mental way that is.

you can reword it how ever you want, oh wait, you do that anyway to reach your opinion.

Be that as it may:

Why shouldn't I force my opinion about the ort cloud on my brother who doesn't believe me?

or

Why should I force my opinion about said cloud on him?

or
why should he force his opinion about the ort cloud on me?

or

When do I say to him "your belief in no ort cloud, or lack of belief, is null and void. And that it really is null and void for everybody"

if you don't answer or run. I understand. I will also give you a day or two to look up why we think their is an orty cloud. I was going to use dark matter, but no need to use a sledge hammer when my pinky will do.

Old 05-28-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
that's not the question. we all agree that forcing personal opinions on people is bad. In the fundy-mental way that is.

you can reword it how ever you want, oh wait, you do that anyway to reach your opinion.

Be that as it may:

Why shouldn't I force my opinion about the ort cloud on my brother who doesn't believe me?

or

Why should I force my opinion about said cloud on him?

or
why should he force his opinion about the ort cloud on me?

or

When do I say to him "your belief in no ort cloud, or lack of belief, is null and void. And that it really is null and void for everybody"

if you don't answer or run. I understand. I will also give you a day or two to look up why we think their is an orty cloud. I was going to use dark matter, but no need to use a sledge hammer when my pinky will do.

If me not wanting to force my views on others is not the question , then what is your point ?

And unless you are a professional , I likely understand astronomy at least as well as you do, so don't get too uppity . You haven't shown anything around here to spout that sort of arrogance .

Old 05-28-2016, 04:02 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,655,152 times
Quote:
Your claims have been disproven , and you failed miserably at responding to my DD analogy, despite , it seems , getting your bravado back after a night of recovery from that miserable failure on your part . There is no need for me to waste more time retreading the same stuff with you . Your posts have become like riding a bicycle through a cow pasture . The same old sheet over and over and over .

Come back when you learn some new tricks from your master .

Your "Acme Logic" didn't disprove anything.
Hopefully...if you open up your mind and try to let in a little bit of what AA & buu are trying to explain to you, you will realize that.

Old 05-28-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Your "Acme Logic" didn't disprove anything.
Hopefully...if you open up your mind and try to let in a little bit of what AA & buu are trying to explain to you, you will realize rhat.

Sure, that's why you left mumbling after I responded to your post 155 .

But as I said, I don't regard you as any sort of challenge anymore . You are a one trick pony who's only trick has been exposed as irrelevant .

Old 05-28-2016, 04:10 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,655,152 times
Quote:
If me not wanting to force my views on others is not the question , then what is your point ?

And unless you are a professional , I likely understand astronomy at least as well as you do, so don't get too uppity . You haven't shown anything around here to spout that sort of arrogance .
"Uppity"?! Wow...not cool.
We are goin' back and forth here with some stuff. It's no big deal. No need to inject that kinda vibe into it man.

Old 05-28-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
"Uppity"?! Wow...not cool.
We are goin' back and forth here with some stuff. It's no big deal. No need to inject that kinda vibe into it man.

I'm responding with the same sort of attitude expressed by AA . You're right, it's no big deal and just a discussion, but I tend to respond in kind to what I receive .

Old 05-28-2016, 07:36 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
... What the discussion here has centered on is some pantheists trying to insist agnostics must admit the pantheists beliefs are correct and atheism is rendered null and void . I really don't know why you are having such a hard time with this concept, as one pantheist has repeatedly .
I said, only fundy-mentals pantheists insist agnostics must admit that their pantheist beliefs must be correct. And, we said, they are wrong. We have said that 100 times and yet you just keep saying I am not answering. yeah, I don't understand.

We also added, and thats why you are confused, because we looked past your agenda, that people can feel how they want on this topic. Its a personal need sometimes. And you agreed. But its us that are wrong.

ok
I will ask you again, but again you wont answer because fundy-mentals need their world view to remain "safe".

pretend that I am some ort-theist. Why (or when) should I insist that it is more valid in claiming the ort cloud is real than to say nothing, or "I don't know", on the topic to my brother. He says that he is an agnostic in terms of the ort cloud. When should I not accept his view on the same level of my view? When is his view null and void?

If you can't understand that we are exploring when it is valid to be a little more than top dead balls center with when we should or should not dismiss others beliefs you are far more narrow minded than I first thought.

Last edited by Arach Angle; 05-28-2016 at 07:48 PM..

Old 05-29-2016, 08:51 AM

You'll have to explain who the " we" and " us" is before I try any further to decipher all this nonsense of yours .

My position is this, and you can understand and accept it or not . Despite your claims of not answering, I've said this numerous times .

A) Pantheists are welcome to be pantheists . I don't really care . I even looked into pantheism as part of a non duality system of belief . In the end, I decided that since accepting pantheism or not made no real difference , what was the point adding unnecessary layers .

B) I reject the claim that pantheism disproves agnosticism for everyone . One pantheists experiences and understanding does not apply to across the board .

C) Your ort cloud challenge is meaningless, although how you should react to your brothers denial would differ based on his situation and how its denial would affect his life . His situation would different as a kid than it would be as an adult already established in his life and career .

And if you actually knew your astronomy well enough to " smash me with just your pinky" you would understand it's the Oort Cloud, not the ort cloud .

Last edited by wallflash; 05-29-2016 at 09:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality