Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 09:24 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
For some it doesn't change their world at all and for some it does. What does it mean to you that they found the Higgs? How did your life change?
It was all part of the evolution that Cambrian exploded when I first knew I was an atheist and began to look at the debates and grasp bogstandard logic and reasoning. And that, old son, has made me so much better than I used to be that I cannot thank random factors enough. The Higgs? It was a big thing in fining where the universe came from. Maybe as big as the medieval date of the shroud (though that still needs to be settled) and the feathered dinosaurs and that Mark never had a nativity. all big things in their way.

What does it all mean to you, old son, in terms of transforming your life. Do I need to guess?

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 05-31-2016 at 09:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 09:45 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
You were hammered with the O in Oort Cloud because of your condescending comments about not needing a sledgehammer when your pinkie would do . And this has been explained to you, so here we go again with you not seeming to get the point . If you want to act arrogantly that's fine, but when you make such an elementary mistake while simultaneously pretending intellectual superiority , I am going to throw it back at you .

Post 111 addresses the fact that some pantheists insist that everyone admit to their way of thinking , and points out that even admitting to it would be pointless for the agnostic .

Post 126 points out that some pantheists are trying to force their views on others, and says that while pantheists are free to believe as they wish others don't have to agree.

Where do you see a contradiction in this? Once again, you show you can't seem to comprehend what is being said, and accuse me of things I have not in actuality said .

By the way, pantheism can be both irrelevant in reality but having some meaning for some perceptually at the same time . I can illustrate if needed . But think about it .

Now the truth comes out, Again. You aint intrested in a view point as much as you want to get back at people that offend you.

You got hissy with me because you ran your mouth and I addressed it a wittle wuff. And you didn’t like how a dopey pantheist talked to you. That’s what this whole mess is about isn’t.

I told you, your inability to look past the spelling of ort and your unreasonable reactions to a reasonable counter view point that doesn't match yours is a red flag. You have to learn to control your emotions.

Back to the topic:

The end point is that a pantheist description is lacking and incomplete. To you it is as meaningless in your life as a rock garden is in mine. But we both know some people like rock gardens but that rock garden won’t change my life.

Others are finding out how the universe works. To some people it doesn’t change their life for one second. Because they don’t care, It doesn’t change the nature of what others find. It certainly doesn’t diminish just because you say so. Or because your wittle feewwings were wurt.

Little pieces of the universe making bigger pieces of the universe make no difference to many people. It does to me. Couple that with the notion that it is far more valid to claim this region of space is alive than to claim it is not alive, I can begin to address some real observation on what people think they are feeling or seeing. You don’t care, so what.

That means nothing to you. It won't change your life one bit. Exactly like the ort cloud will not change my brother’s life one bit.

Most new discoveries don’t change people’s lives. But someday they might.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:43 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
Now the truth comes out, Again. You aint intrested in a view point as much as you want to get back at people that offend you.

You got hissy with me because you ran your mouth and I addressed it a wittle wuff. And you didn’t like how a dopey pantheist talked to you. That’s what this whole mess is about isn’t.

I told you, your inability to look past the spelling of ort and your unreasonable reactions to a reasonable counter view point that doesn't match yours is a red flag. You have to learn to control your emotions.

Back to the topic:

The end point is that a pantheist description is lacking and incomplete. To you it is as meaningless in your life as a rock garden is in mine. But we both know some people like rock gardens but that rock garden won’t change my life.

Others are finding out how the universe works. To some people it doesn’t change their life for one second. Because they don’t care, It doesn’t change the nature of what others find. It certainly doesn’t diminish just because you say so. Or because your wittle feewwings were wurt.

Little pieces of the universe making bigger pieces of the universe make no difference to many people. It does to me. Couple that with the notion that it is far more valid to claim this region of space is alive than to claim it is not alive, I can begin to address some real observation on what people think they are feeling or seeing. You don’t care, so what.

That means nothing to you. It won't change your life one bit. Exactly like the ort cloud will not change my brother’s life one bit.

Most new discoveries don’t change people’s lives. But someday they might.

I'm not sure what posts you are reading to construct this reply. It certainly doesn't refer with any truthfulness to anything I've said. But given that you admit to shooting off your mouth and having to retract stuff when I called you out on it, and also that your claims of contradictions between my posts 111 and 126 turned out to be a load of crap, this response seems much the same sort of bull manure from you . It seems inventing imaginary stuff to attack with is all you have left in the tank . Too bad , really .

I'm all for pantheists being pantheist .
I'm all for agnostics being agnostics .

That pretty well sums up my stance . Anything past this is a pure invention or outright lie from you . And again, we have you on record already admitting to spouting BS you were unable to back up when called . It appears I might have to do the same again.

Last edited by wallflash; 05-31-2016 at 12:12 PM..

Old 05-31-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I'm not sure what posts you are reading to construct this reply. It certainly doesn't refer with any truthfulness to anything I've said. But given that you admit to shooting off your mouth and having to retract stuff when I called you out on it, this response seems much the same from you .

I'm all for pantheists being pantheist .
I'm all for agnostics being agnostics .

Anything past this is a pure invention or outright lie from you . And again, we have you on record already admitting to spouting BS you were unable to back up when called .
yeah, whatever you say.

Back to topic.

Again, we said the "meaning" to people admitting to a pantheist god is a personal thing. We should change that meaning with new observations when fitting. At the very least it is a starting point in matching observations to a belief system. It is the start of helping people to form a belief based on observations instead of word of mouth or blind faith.

Again, we said, to some people it is meaningless. It can be as meaningless to you as a rock garden is to me. It can be as meaningless as the ort cloud is to my brother. But to others it has meaning in their lives. I like finding out where comets are coming from.

Most new discoveries don’t have much meaning to people but over time, as we make use of the discovery in some way, the meaning can have value to the everyday person.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:17 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
yeah, whatever you say.

Back to topic.

Again, we said the "meaning" to people admitting to a pantheist god is a personal thing. We should change that meaning with new observations when fitting. At the very least it is a starting point in matching observations to a belief system. It is the start of helping people to form a belief based on observations instead of word of mouth or blind faith.

Again, we said, to some people it is meaningless. It can be as meaningless to you as a rock garden is to me. It can be as meaningless as the ort cloud is to my brother. But to others it has meaning in their lives. I like finding out where comets are coming from.

Most new discoveries don’t have much meaning to people but over time, as we make use of the discovery in some way, the meaning can have value to the everyday person.

I have no problem with this statement , now that you have stopped making BS claims about what you think I have said previously .

Old 06-01-2016, 05:23 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,376,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
You're certainly entitled to be flagrantly self-ratifying and rude at the same time. It's just important to make sure that you're upfront about it, so that everything you say can be more easily marginalized in that context.
Just like you are certainly entitled to misrepresent people and lie about what they said, before running away without apology or retraction when called on it. It's just important to make sure that you're upfront about that MO however, so that everything else you say can be more easily parsed through that MO to ensure other examples of it are caught quickly, and marginalized in that context.

Old 06-01-2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It was all part of the evolution that Cambrian exploded when I first knew I was an atheist and began to look at the debates and grasp bogstandard logic and reasoning. And that, old son, has made me so much better than I used to be that I cannot thank random factors enough. The Higgs? It was a big thing in fining where the universe came from. Maybe as big as the medieval date of the shroud (though that still needs to be settled) and the feathered dinosaurs and that Mark never had a nativity. all big things in their way.

What does it all mean to you, old son, in terms of transforming your life. Do I need to guess?
what I think doesn't matter to you. Yours is the only logical conclusion for us anyway.

For me it means we are correct and that it is more reasonable to base our conclusions off of the standard model and that your persistence at "nothing" is less valid. I can honestly say there is "something" over "nothing" at this point. I know you don't need observation supported conclusion when you have strong emotions, but I do.

So I guess being able to properly discuss "no Omni dude" verses "revenge on religion" has helped me, and others. On forums it helps less because of the vile nature of posters. posters just keep posting crap like it is real, but in person real progress is made.

You going to the reason rally? its a big open mass or something aint it?

Old 06-01-2016, 08:04 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
what I think doesn't matter to you. Yours is the only logical conclusion for us anyway.

For me it means we are correct and that it is more reasonable to base our conclusions off of the standard model and that your persistence at "nothing" is less valid. I can honestly say there is "something" over "nothing" at this point. I know you don't need observation supported conclusion when you have strong emotions, but I do.

So I guess being able to properly discuss "no Omni dude" verses "revenge on religion" has helped me, and others. On forums it helps less because of the vile nature of posters. posters just keep posting crap like it is real, but in person real progress is made.

You going to the reason rally? its a big open mass or something aint it?
"something" over "Nothing" is a big unanswered. Can't even assign probability. Therefore the only logical position is to not regard it as believable until something reliable supports it. The only reason it even needs to be mentioned is when people claim it as reliable, never mind probable.

Old 06-02-2016, 03:48 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Just like you are certainly entitled to misrepresent people and lie about what they said, before running away without apology or retraction when called on it. It's just important to make sure that you're upfront about that MO however, so that everything else you say can be more easily parsed through that MO to ensure other examples of it are caught quickly, and marginalized in that context.
It's a shame that you're continuing this farce of a defense for your poor behavior, seeking to deflect attention from it by posting fabricated accusations against others.

Old 06-02-2016, 03:50 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,376,031 times
^ It's a shame you continue to declare I have behaved badly without once showing how, where or when, which you do seeking to deflect attention from your own. But my accusation is not fabricated. I can provide links and proof to anyone who asks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality