Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 11:51 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,631,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How on earth did this thread evolve from walking fish to bloody fingerprints?
Silly wabbit - it didn't evolve. It was done by unintelligent design.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:11 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Yes, that makes so much more sense than just moving 10 miles inland. We'll save ourselves the trouble of packing and loading up the car, and just become dolphins. What other possible answer could there be?

Seriously, where are you getting this gibberish from?

Have you seen this one yet?
BBC NEWS | UK | Human species 'may split in two'

Old 06-26-2016, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Yes, that makes so much more sense than just moving 10 miles inland. We'll save ourselves the trouble of packing and loading up the car, and just become dolphins. What other possible answer could there be?

Seriously, where are you getting this gibberish from?
And here u go.
You might wanna update your indepth knowledge and expertise on evolution and agree with me.

'Future humans will evolve to look like fish or orangutans as we strive to beat climate change' - Mirror Online

Old 06-26-2016, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
And here u go.
You might wanna update your indepth knowledge and expertise on evolution and agree with me.

'Future humans will evolve to look like fish or orangutans as we strive to beat climate change' - Mirror Online
No, I don't think I will do that. Not on the basis of some stupid crap that one idiot academic wrote for a television program on a science fiction channel. I'll freely admit that I'm surprised you found an actual scientist who apparently believes this idiocy makes sense, but I think I'll stick with my original theory that most people will be bright enough to just load up the car and drive a few miles uphill.

Although I will say, the article you link in your first URL does have some food for thought -

Quote:
Evolutionary theorist Oliver Curry of the London School of Economics expects a genetic upper class and a dim-witted underclass to emerge.
Empirical evidence right here in this thread lends a good deal of credence to that theory.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:57 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
So u do support the idea that if our environment changes to a point where it forces adaption, then we will evolve.
Could be but bear in mind that we now have the intelligence and technology to steer (for want of a better word) where we want to go. Other animals do not have that luxury. For example, suppose we go into a new ice age. Depending on how quick it happened, we have the technology to keep ourselves warm, even just by wearing more or better clothes that are technologically advanced to withstand freezing temperatures. Other animals that do not have that technology will evolve to grow thicker coats...and we would if we had to.

Quote:
In other words, water level is rising so we will learn how to live in water and some day human race will evolve into Dolphins ?
It depends on how quickly the levels rise. For example. If the level of oxygen in our air decreases by say, 70% over the next year, then most of us would probably die but if it decreased by 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% each year for the next million years, we would likely evolve smaller lungs to need less oxygen ...and survive.

Old 06-26-2016, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Could be but bear in mind that we now have the intelligence and technology to steer (for want of a better word) where we want to go. Other animals do not have that luxury. For example, suppose we go into a new ice age. Depending on how quick it happened, we have the technology to keep ourselves warm, even just by wearing more or better clothes that are technologically advanced to withstand freezing temperatures. Other animals that do not have that technology will evolve to grow thicker coats...and we would if we had to.

It depends on how quickly the levels rise. For example. If the level of oxygen in our air decreases by say, 70% over the next year, then most of us would probably die but if it decreased by 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% each year for the next million years, we would likely evolve smaller lungs to need less oxygen ...and survive.
Smaller lungs to support larger bodies ?

Old 06-26-2016, 01:14 AM

Quote:
No, I don't think I will do that. Not on the basis of some stupid crap that one idiot academic wrote for a television program on a science fiction channel. I'll freely admit that I'm surprised you found an actual scientist who apparently believes this idiocy makes sense, but I think I'll stick with my original theory that most people will be bright enough to just load up the car and drive a few miles uphill.

Although I will say, the article you link in your first URL does have some food for thought -

Empirical evidence right here in this thread lends a good deal of credence to that theory.

Very interesting.

So the scientist and acclaimed paleoanthropologist whose ground breaking latest academic research findings that did not sit too well with your expertise on evolution, is an idiot. (btw, what's your own qualification and credentials?)

And you seem to appreciate another scientist who points out a possible "dim-witted" portion in the human population.

That's quite a connection, isn't it?

Old 06-26-2016, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Very interesting.

So the scientist and acclaimed paleoanthropologist whose ground breaking latest academic research findings that did not sit too well with your expertise on evolution, is an idiot. (btw, what's your own qualification and credentials?)

And you seem to appreciate another scientist who points out a possible "dim-witted" portion in the human population.

Connection to what? I don't understand your point at all. I thought i was with you until that last sentence, and then you lost me.

Old 06-26-2016, 01:44 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Why would we have larger bodies?

...and if we did have larger bodies, why couldn't we have smaller lungs.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:05 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
More efficient - like a smaller brain with more folds to increase 'size'. You sometimes seem to forget that you believe in a god smart enough to think of things like that.

Quote:
Very interesting.

What I find interesting is the way that the Faith -based evolution -skeptic, as soon as anyone on the "Evolution -side" pours some scorn on a bit of popular speculation by an authority in the field (1) produces the sort of reaction, Cardinals, mate,that we see above.
Worth looking at in detail:

So the scientist and acclaimed paleoanthropologist whose ground breaking latest academic research findings

that did not sit too well with your expertise on evolution,

is an idiot. (btw, what's your own qualification and credentials?)

You betray your agenda of trying to find a *scientist who is debunking evolution and we don't like it, so we refuse to accept this Scientists' views* argument. (and the depth of suggestion in "ground breaking" would take an essay).

That is not at all what Albert did, but that is clearly how you are trying to present it. And the usual "Who are you to question a Scientst" ploy is also very revealing, when the Faith -based evolution -skeptic (who always shows their lack of understanding of the subject) is trying to poke holes in a science universally accepted by scientists.

And you also field a very hoary old gambit - to try to present evolution as somehow debasing and devaluing humans (2).

Which overlooks that the 'rest' of humanity would be the smarter species. Very interesting, as you say. As usual, the arguments put forward by Faith -based science (selected) -skeptics are usually based on not understanding the science and not really wanting to. I am rather more interested in the way their mid works than their arguments.

P.s I fully expect another tactic - the 'personal attack' gambit.

(1)this was not a paper-it was an attention -getting popular speculation release. Fair enough and reasonable guesswork),

(2) e.g "says we come from from pondslime", "I'm not a monkey", 'and of course "Darwinism = Eugenics".

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 06-26-2016 at 05:05 AM.. Reason: yeah...better make that a foopnote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality