Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2017, 04:36 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,613,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Sure. Same reason you don't read anything of Jesus before age 30 doing miracles and healing people. Had He been able to all of the time, what a calloused G-d that would have been to not allow Him to do so, right? That's the same sort of reasoning, isn't it? I mean, Jesus at 10, seeing a hurt playmate and not healing him?

Just like Him, the body has been growing and maturing into becoming mature sons over these 2000 years, but at a much slower rate as everything is always about G-d's time table and not ours. He healed me numerous times and used me to heal others numerous times more, but it's HIS GIFT OF HEALING, NOT MINE, and that means I don't have control over it, He does. I can't turn it on and off like a spigot. I can't decide who gets what and who waits. I have to just be obedient to hear TODAY what He wants of me, and wait for the fullness like everyone else who even realizes there IS one.

For those that understand Pentecost, we received the EARNEST of our inheritance with it. An earnest is like a pledge that is a partial down payment of something that is coming later. It's like buying a house. Who would put up earnest money on house and then never come back to live in it full time? Well, G-d has a house, too, and it's a many membered body right now, but He's only put down the earnest of inheritance on it so far.

So we wait....because He said, ask of Me and I will give you the nations for your inheritance. That doesn't mean we get to rule over the people, it means we get to rule over what is ruling over THEM, and that includes poverty, sickness and death, the curses Jesus came to reverse from off of man, which will be eventually done away with completely, in His season, not ours. Peace
You make jesus and yahweh ot to be two different things.

You people really crack me up.

Old 05-31-2017, 04:38 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,613,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
That really doesn't answer the questions, does it? I wasn't asking why you don't or why Jesus didn't heal everyone, I was asking why your supposedly benevolent God has never, as far as any reports are concerned, asked anyone to visit a hospital and instantly heal an entire wing of cancer-ridden children, or why he would need human intervention to being with. I know the answer is always that we don't understand the mind of God and can't answer for him, but you seem to know that he has healed you and used you to heal others. Logically, does this make sense that he would heal you, someone who expects it to happen and someone who needs no convincing, when he could instantly heal an entire group of children of this terrible disease and likely convince some people of his existence by doing so? Or, is it more likely that these things don't happen because they can't happen? Is it possible that, instead of not understanding God, you don't understand medical science and that your healings are simply the result of your body's own defenses and/or whatever medication you were using to combat it? Have you ever told someone they were healed but they weren't? Are you confident enough in your understanding of your God that you have been willing to tell someone they were healed and needed to stop taking their medication?

Do you ever feel guilty that you are healed, while these children and many others, continue to suffer horrible deaths from these diseases? Or do you feel envious that they will be going to heaven before you?
Great question. <ears>

Last edited by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15; 05-31-2017 at 04:52 AM..

Old 05-31-2017, 04:42 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,434,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I know our critiques, suggestions of alternative explanations and disinclination to
accept claims based on personal conviction are taken as personal attacks,
especially when the thinking method is critiqued.
It is understandable when the claim is so important to the person's Faith.
I don't take them as personal attacks...perhaps years ago in my naivete.

Old 05-31-2017, 04:55 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,434,559 times
Why on earth would someone feel guilty because they got healed?
Or won the lottery or have a good education or a good family or good health period?
The question does not compute to me.
Each person has their own path they are on...for them.
Can you feel compassion for others...sure. Can you or should you do anything about it?
It's up to the person...some are called to be missionaries...others are called for other things.
Each on their path....Sufi, atheist, homeless or wealthy, tall or short.

Old 05-31-2017, 05:15 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,058,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Or won the lottery or have a good education or a good family or good health period?
Can you feel compassion for others...sure. Can you or should you do anything about it?
It's up to the person...some are called to be missionaries...others are called for other things.

Because they want you to, of course. Peace

Old 05-31-2017, 05:19 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,701,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I think that you might have blocked me years ago, but since this seems to be addressing my question about guilt, I will attempt to answer you. If someone/something had chosen you to be healed of cancer, yet a child next door was not healed, would you not feel guilty for having been chosen? Personally,(and this is easier said than done), I would hope that the neighbor child would be healed instead of me. I would ask the "healer" his/her/its justification for healing me instead of the child, if only the one of us could be healed. Of course, with the omnipotent God belief, it would seem that both could be healed.

Old 05-31-2017, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
That really doesn't answer the questions, does it? I wasn't asking why you don't or why Jesus didn't heal everyone, I was asking why your supposedly benevolent God has never, as far as any reports are concerned, asked anyone to visit a hospital and instantly heal an entire wing of cancer-ridden children, or why he would need human intervention to being with. I know the answer is always that we don't understand the mind of God and can't answer for him, but you seem to know that he has healed you and used you to heal others. Logically, does this make sense that he would heal you, someone who expects it to happen and someone who needs no convincing, when he could instantly heal an entire group of children of this terrible disease and likely convince some people of his existence by doing so? Or, is it more likely that these things don't happen because they can't happen? Is it possible that, instead of not understanding God, you don't understand medical science and that your healings are simply the result of your body's own defenses and/or whatever medication you were using to combat it? Have you ever told someone they were healed but they weren't? Are you confident enough in your understanding of your God that you have been willing to tell someone they were healed and needed to stop taking their medication?

Do you ever feel guilty that you are healed, while these children and many others, continue to suffer horrible deaths from these diseases? Or do you feel envious that they will be going to heaven before you?

Problem with supposition I was healed by "whatever meds I was taking". Wasn't/never took, any. Advanced stage 4 spread to other organs cancer DOES NOT disappear because of the body's own defenses, as it's a bit too late for defense by then, wouldn't you say?

No, I've never told someone they were and they weren't. You don't know the process, you probably think I'm one of those who just says, "well by golly it's the word He heals so I'll just stand on that word", and then deny my child medical treatment or myself, and die, or tell someone else because the word says healing is possible that they should do the same. That's ignorance and enough people have been misled to believe that. Such a case pops up in the news every so often, usually with their child they neglected that died because of it.

And, no, I've never told anyone to stop taking their medication. First of all, perhaps He didn't tell me to tell them that they're healed, and second, I don't know their level of faith, even if I was so inclined, only He does. And HE won't tell anyone to stretch beyond their capabilities setting them up for failure.

The body of Christ suffers from a lack of study in general, a lack of comprehension and ability to take ALL the word and arrive at one cohesive whole that doesn't contradict anything else, and because of both of these, a lack of understanding that there are spiritual gifts including healing (much less how they operate). Oh, and fear; let's not forget fear.

G-d speaks to His people even today. He always has. The gifts of the Spirit are His way of communicating and working through His people. If you remove one gift, the rest of them all falter by the wayside, because they work together. Remove the speaking gifts, and you can't hear Him tell you that you are healed. Man shall not live by bread/letter alone but by every word/breath that proceeds from the mouth of G-d. G-d is a SPIRIT, and therefore it should not come as a shock to anyone that He speaks to our spirits, it's like being on the same radio frequency. Change the frequency, and you've lost the station.

That said, the word that we are to stand on and believe in faith for, is the SPRIIT BREATHED WORD FROM HIS MOUTH, not the letter. It's PERSONAL, just like someone speaking to you in the same room is not the same as them sending you a letter. And so, I received and believed (a PERSONAL word) = FAITH WITH WORKS = healing. It's not complicated, but man has made it so, by eliminating as many of the "prerequisites" along the way as possible.

From what I saw, I think Miss H gave an excellent answer to last part. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 05-31-2017 at 05:46 AM..

Old 05-31-2017, 06:57 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,175,016 times
Quote:
Problem with supposition I was healed by "whatever meds I was taking". Wasn't/never took, any. Advanced stage 4 spread to other organs cancer DOES NOT disappear because of the body's own defenses, as it's a bit too late for defense by then, wouldn't you say?

No, I've never told someone they were and they weren't. You don't know the process, you probably think I'm one of those who just says, "well by golly it's the word He heals so I'll just stand on that word", and then deny my child medical treatment or myself, and die, or tell someone else because the word says healing is possible that they should do the same. That's ignorance and enough people have been misled to believe that. Such a case pops up in the news every so often, usually with their child they neglected that died because of it.

And, no, I've never told anyone to stop taking their medication. First of all, perhaps He didn't tell me to tell them that they're healed, and second, I don't know their level of faith, even if I was so inclined, only He does. And HE won't tell anyone to stretch beyond their capabilities setting them up for failure.

The body of Christ suffers from a lack of study in general, a lack of comprehension and ability to take ALL the word and arrive at one cohesive whole that doesn't contradict anything else, and because of both of these, a lack of understanding that there are spiritual gifts including healing (much less how they operate). Oh, and fear; let's not forget fear.

G-d speaks to His people even today. He always has. The gifts of the Spirit are His way of communicating and working through His people. If you remove one gift, the rest of them all falter by the wayside, because they work together. Remove the speaking gifts, and you can't hear Him tell you that you are healed. Man shall not live by bread/letter alone but by every word/breath that proceeds from the mouth of G-d. G-d is a SPIRIT, and therefore it should not come as a shock to anyone that He speaks to our spirits, it's like being on the same radio frequency. Change the frequency, and you've lost the station.

That said, the word that we are to stand on and believe in faith for, is the SPRIIT BREATHED WORD FROM HIS MOUTH, not the letter. It's PERSONAL, just like someone speaking to you in the same room is not the same as them sending you a letter. And so, I received and believed (a PERSONAL word) = FAITH WITH WORKS = healing. It's not complicated, but man has made it so, by eliminating as many of the "prerequisites" along the way as possible.

From what I saw, I think Miss H gave an excellent answer to last part. Peace
Again I'll ask, why are you more special than Rosalie and millions like her?

Rosalie's family believes in the power of prayer.

Family Of Owasso Girl Who Nearly Drowned Is Hopeful, Prayerful - NewsOn6.com

Old 05-31-2017, 08:01 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,878,952 times
Quote:
Oh come my dear old boot! Not that old chestnut again! You have been challenged on this a hundred times. Your claims of miraculous healing are not accepted by any rational thinker here. Produce the verifiable evidence of your claims

Old 05-31-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
You make jesus and yahweh ot to be two different things.

You people really crack me up.

I'm sorry but I don't understand the significance of this to what I posted. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality